main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Our city rep?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Idgie, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Bravo Idg!!! Another masterpiece....so, now that you have finished the trailers...when does the saga begin? ;)

2. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Ok, I couldn't even stay away from this while I'm on vacation, Idg! This is one of the most fun things I've see on these boards ever! Keep em coming!

M.

3. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Ha! The trailers are excellent. You have a knack for the satire! [face_laugh]

4. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    I can't wait to see the movie!!!!

[face_laugh]

5. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    You know...we should try and take some pictures of the locations in your trailers Idgie...then we could put it up on our eventual Web site...

Just an idea... ;)

6. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    heck, I think it'd be fun to actually shoot some of it when we get bored after Ep II has run its course in theatres!

7. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    As long as I can be replaced by a CG character.:)

8. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Just as long as it's not Jar Jar - remember my mom & I get to be stuck in your car w/ it, Mr."I drive like Anakin." You should make a cameo though since you ARE the creator. ;)

9. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Hey, I've Adobe AfterEffects and Premiere on my computer...i'm sure we could make a killer movie. We could use the traditional Star Wars wipes that George is so fond of, to go from one scene to the next...

10. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    You know, we can take some snap-shots at the next meeting...to get ideas and such.

Man...this is wicked-crazy. :D

11. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Lol, this would be awsome if it worked out!

12. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    "From the beginning they were hopelessly outnumbered by the forums held in thrall by the bashers and fanboys.In those first dark days,it seemed certain the bright flame of resistance would be extinguished before it could cast the light of new truth across an internet of oppressed and beaten peoples..."

From the first saga,
    `The Journal of the Wheels'
    Detroit,Michigan

(to be continued...)

13. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    And there was much rejoicing heard through all Detroit-land!!! (That you're continuing this!)

My goodness, Idg, you need to put this wit to work for you! You have a gift!
    M.

14. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to `Entertainment Update',I'm your host Eckley Jessup."

"Tonight,we continue to spotlight the films of summer.Those mega-blockbuster extraordinaires that the studios are hoping you'll line up for hours and pay big bucks to see.Tonight's spotlight is on a film called `The Journal of the Wheels'.It's hailed as a classic adventure story set in modern times,with heroes and villains,intrigue,and even a little romance."

"I was granted a rare opportunity to get an early glimpse of this film ad I can tell yu that words do not describe it.Literally.It made no sense.Anyhow,here you go,your first glimpse of `The Journal of the Wheels'...

15. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
  16. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
  17. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    (fade in)

(white letters on black screen)

An Epic Journey...

(cut to overhead shot of downtown Indianapolis traffic)

A Classic Struggle...

(cut to the interior of Wal-Mart; royalguard96 and Robertyodarugenstein having a tug of war over a toy while Fearandbullets cheers them on like a Roman spectator)

An Incredible Adventure

(cut to a shot of the interior of the Celebration II toy museum showing royalguard96,carrying a small gold statu,running towards camera trying to evade poisonous darts being fired all around)

(cut to black sky filled with stars.Camera slowly pans down to exterior of Border's Books)

(interior-Border's Books;several people are looking at a blinking laptop computer screen)

jedi_blynnj:`...try rebooting it.'

Idgie:`A communications disruption can mean only one thing...'

MiraxTHorn:`Uh...that we won't be able to communicate?'

Idgie:`Exactly!'

MiraxTHorn:(aside to camera)`Thank you,Captain Brilliant'

(Interior-Steak and Shake)

royalguard96:`This FanForce is weak and crumbling;rotting away from within.Democracy has failed;it is time to establish a new order!'

TheHuntressDiana`...and like so many new orders throughout history,this one will also begin at a Steak and Shake restaurant.'

(Interior-MiraxTHorn's house)

JediKetch:`The more you continue to bash The Phantom Menace,the more Star Wars sites will slip through your fingers.'

(Interior-Border's Books)

MiraxTHorn:`...an analysis of the link provided by FearandBullets has demonstrated a weakness in their system...'

(cut to a shot of a computer screen)

MiraxTHorn:`...the log-in will not be easy...'

(cut back to computer screen)

MiraxTHorn:`...only the precise moderator's code will set off a chain reaction which should delete the forum...'

(cut to interior of Idgie's car)

SwordChick:`You're not actually going into I-96 construction,are you!?!'

Idgie:`They'd be crazy to follow us,wouldn't they?!'

(cut to a shot of Idgie's car swerving in and out of orange cones)

(Exterior-MotorCityCon)

Huttese1138:`...but how am I to know thw good side from the bad?How will I know the dealers from the collectors?'

DarthPhelps:`You will know when you are at peace,calm.A collector uses his collection for display and enjoyment,never for profit.'

(Interior-MotorCityCon)

ScoobyWanKenobi:`...scalping toys,heh...collecting for profit,heh...damaged packaging,heh...a collector craves not these things.'

(Interior-Idgie's car)

SwordChick:`Why were you banned,Idgie?Was it because you were clumsy?'

Idgie:`Nah,it was because I kept referring to the Thrawn Trilogy as the Yawn Trilogy and the EU as the `Pee-EU-sah'.Funny thing was,I only had one post when they booted me out.Go figure.'

(Interior-Indianapolis Convention Center,outside the VIP lounge)

Head of Security:`Where was that group going?'

Guard:`One of the FanForce groups,sir.Detroit, think.They were going to the VIP Lounge'

Head of Security:`Did they have Fan Club lanyards?'

Guard:`They were older lanyards,but they checked out.Shall I hold them?'

Head of Security:`No,leave them to me.I shall deal with them myself.'

(Interior-Celebration II toy museum. It is late at night;the room is dark and completely silent.royalguard96 enters quietly.At the far end of the room is a pedastal with a gold maquette bust of C-3PO illuminated by a soft overhead light.Camera shows a close-up of the gold maquette.

After carefully looking around,royalguard96 enters and begins to make his way towards the pedastal.The floor of the room is made up of alternating blue and white tiles,and royalguard96 is careful to step only on the white tiles.

He finally makes his way to

18. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    That was great! :D

Idgie, you do good work. :)

19. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    (blush):)

20. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    This is great! We should film this! It would be great!

21. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Lol, another good job Idgie :) I loved the Indiana Jones stuff! I agree w/ jedi_blynnj; this would be alot of fun if we revised some of this & shot it (heck, skip the revising - it's all good).

P.S. An another note, I'd just like to state that I am now 17 ..... and I'm getting a car. :D [face_devil] :cool:

22. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Congratulations Swordchick!

23. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Happy Birthday Swordchick!! And congrats on getting your wheels :cool:

Brilliant work, Idgie!! At least I won't have to deal with a blood-thirsty scalper cult trying to rip out my heart and lower me into a flaming pit of lava!!

24. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Thanks you guys :)

25. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    (Fade in)

(Exterior.Indianapolis;a near empty parking lot-night.Low,tense single note melody is heard as two people,FearandBullets and Idgie approach a parked car.)

FearandBullets:'You're right on schedule.We've been waiting for this package,and now we can finally begin our work.I trust that you've taken good care of our package.'

Idgie:'Of course.All of the instructions were followed,to the letter.I stand to benefit from all of this too,you know.'

(They approach the trunk of the car.Idgie unlocks the trunk.)

FearandBullets:'This will be a day long remembered,it has seen...WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!'

(cut to a shot of the two people looking into the trunk.Kenny Rogers is tied up and gagged inside the trunk.)

FearandBullets:(to Idgie)'YOU IDIOT!You were supposed to nab Kenny Baker,not Kenny Rogers!What the hell were you thinking?!This is great,just great!Not only are our plans on hold,indefinitely,I might add,but we're also stuck with having to figure out what to do with this guy.'

Idgie:'Dude,I've never seen Kenny Baker in person,how the hell should I know one Kenny from another?'

FearandBullets:'So what do we do with the Gambler here?'

Idgie:'Well,like the man himself once said,you gotta know when to fold 'em...'

(Idgie closes the trunk)

Idgie:'...and know when...'

FearandBullets and Idgie:(in unison)'...TO RUN!'

(cut to an overhead shot of the two running from the parking lot)

(Exterior-Indianapolis-Daytime.A quiet,deserted,city street;just before sunset.Kenny Baker walks slowly along the street.He hears something behind him and turns,seeing nothing,he walks ahead,a bit more cautiously this time)

(Same exterior,just ahead and around the corner,ScoobyWanKenobi and TheHuntressDiana wait patiently.They are both dressed as Jawas.ScoobyWanKenobi has a small,black Taser gun.Just as Kenny Baker gets near the corner,ScoobyWanKenobi jumps out and blasts him with the Taser.The blue electric charge quickly stuns the actor.ScoobyWanKenobi puts the gun back in his belt and motions toward the other side of the street.Several other people,also dressed as Jawas come out of their hiding places.They pick Kenny Baker) up,and carry him on their shoulders towards a rusted out brown van parked in the back alley)

(cut to the interior of the van.A group of people stand around Kenny Baker,who sits in a chair with his hands and feet tied)

TheHuntressDiana:'We're awfully sorry for all of this,Mr.Baker.Truth is,this is our FanForce's first kidnapping.Are the ropes too tight,?'

Kenny Baker:'Beep,beep,whoooop,whooooo'

(MiraxTHorn,who posesses an almost zen-like ability to understand the real R2-D2,acts as translator.Not surprisingly,she also speaks Bocce,it's like a second language to her)

MiraxTHorn:'He says that he has powerful friends,and that we're going to regret this.'

(same interior)

jediblynnj:'He's like a little mini-me or something.'

(gets in close to Kenny Baker)

jediblynnj:(doing impression of Dr.Evil)'Mini-Meee?Hello Mini-Me'

(cut to exterior;a roadblock.A police officer waves down the van,the driver,royalguard96 pulls to a halt)

royalguard96:'Is there a problem officer,was there an accident up ahead?'

Police Officer:'Uh no,we're looking for a missing person.Say,just how old is that baby anyway?'

(cut to the interior of the van.Kenny Baker sits in the middle of the backseat,wearing a baby's bonnet,and wrapped in a blanket)

royalguard96:'Uh,'bout three or four years old...'

Idgie:(from the back of the van)'He's up for sale if you want him!'

(SwordChick elbows Idgie in the stomach)

SwordChick:(quietly)'Shut up, stupid!'

Police Officer:'What'd he say?'

royalguard96:'Uh,he said that these roads are hell,if you don't watch t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.