main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Our Evil ranting thread..

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Snidely_Whiplash, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snidely_Whiplash

Snidely_Whiplash Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2002
    Ok everyone here is a thread for you to let loose.. what ever it is that is bugging you today just let it rip.. What ever you want.. dont worry about staying on subject. comment on someone else?s rant or just start your own..

Just remember swearing isn't allowed so make sure to bleep the bleeps or that bleeping Sebulba-X will ban your bleep.

ok. ready set go!

2. Snidely_Whiplash

Aug 10, 2002
    Today?s Whiplash rant will be on the subject of Replica Sabers.

Now as everyone knows I am a saber Junky.. I love them. I would very much love to have a ton of Replica Lightsabers to hold, play with, Look at, or display.

Well what it the problem you may ask? its the bleeping cost! Now I respect hard work and craft but this stuff is going for 300-600 bucks for licensed or fan made stuff!!! :eek:

Now personally I think that is just way way to much to spend on a decoration. Then add it up if you want more than one. I do know a few folks make some for 200 or less and they are good work but that is a rare thing. 200 I can see but 600? come on. The real problem is that so many people seem to be totally willing to pay that much! Where the bleep are these people working? Folks in the lower middle class are being priced out of this hobby by a large number of folks with way to much money to spread around. To make matters worse Ebay is in a saber frenzy.. People are selling absolute bleepy junk hardware sabers on ebay for 50 to 150 bucks. Things I could make with my eye closed. I have to much respect for people to sell stuff like that to someone. ;) Funny thing is you'll see this junk go up. it will sell for 75 bucks and a few weeks later you see the winner trying to sell it again with a 75 dollar starting price. [face_laugh]

When junk is going for that much, halfway decent ones go much higher and get quickly priced out of the average persons hands.

I mean no offence to anyone. I am just sad that I can not get into that mighty cool hobby. :( I can make my own but they are only custom stuff. Replicas are out of my reach. Occasionally you will see a nice one go in the 100 to 150 range but only if you know someone nice or you get lucky and with a mortgage and kids that can sometimes be too much..

So anyway That is my Evil rant for today. [face_devil]

Tune in tomorrow. Same Whiplash time. Same Whiplash Channel.

3. ALWEASEL

ALWEASEL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Hi Snidely.
    I agree with your rant.
    Lightsabers are far to expensive for the materials they are made out of.
    But that is true with all Official starwars merchandise that is worth more than 20 dollars.

Look how expensive everything that is starwars is.
    Costumes are always expensive unless you get a crappy halloween target costume made out of plastic. and even that can get expensive.

But then again it just isn't starwars.
    I was at the Renfest Saturday and was astonished how expensive a costume was.
    I will eventually buy one but it will take a long time.
    The swords and other weapons are cheaper than half the costumes out there.

I personally think Zach got a heck of a deal on his bracers they are quality and they look good and they even came with a small knife.

But then again everything is getting expensive now. Maybe im just getting old.

ALWEASEL

P.S.
    Everyone should go to the renfest in a group.
    Me and easykill had a great time and it was fun to meet a bunch of people i only see on the boards.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/banhammer.jpg]

Yes, I will CENSORED ban your CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED if you don't CENSORED cover up your CENSORED CENSORED curse words CENSORED. Got that, CENSORED?

:p

5. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Sebulba-X.

Dork.

:D

6. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Jedi-Jeff

Tool.

7. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    darthgoat

Putz

8. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I have to break the chain, because I have nothing bad to say about Doright!

But my bleepy job on the other hand... how many bleepy reorgs does one bleep company bleepy need?!

9. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Yes JOBS :mad: Try working bleeping weekends and midnight?s. Every bleeping time something fun comes up I have to say aww bleep because I can not go. Everyone always does their Bleeping fun stuff on the weekends and during the Bleeping night. :mad:

It's enough to bring the bleeping Whiplash out of me every bleeping time..

Oh in case anyone here really doesn't know.

I Doright am Snidely_Whiplash :eek:

I just like to use my evil persona when I am being a smart bleep

I may have been doing that a bit too much lately though. Sorry about that. We can Just blame the pain killers ;)

Still. I am working on tonight's Evil Whiplash rant as we speak.. But that Way to bleeping nice Lisa sidetracked me and got me ranting on some other bleeping subject. :)

10. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I BLEEPING feel the Way Lisa and doug feel

11. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Yes, stupid work. They asked us to put in overtime tonight or we'd have to do it this weekend. I will be out of town this weekend, so I had to do tonight. And it was stupid because we stayed an hour longer and barely dented the unscanned models pile. It was a waste. If they would make a third scanning shift we'd be able to keep up with the three shifts in the plaster lab that keep bringing in so many models.

--END RANT--

*By the way, great thread idea Doright! :) *

12. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Here is my rant:

Every single person in this country who works in retail is getting 100% bleeping screwed. We work bleeping hours, work bleeping holidays (most I don't care about, but I was bleeping ticked off on Easter and the 4th of July), have to deal with bleeping stupid people, all so we can get paid a bleeping unrealistic amount. I'm working 40 hours a week just like everyone else and spend my 40 hours working harder than anyone who spends their 40 hours behind a desk (no offense to those who do), but I get paid bleeping nothing and seem doomed to live miserably forever with my parents.

And I miss out on all the fun stuff.

13. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Well some of us bleeping desk workers still have to work bleeping weekends and bleeping holidays just so some bleeping airlines and bleeping road crews can have their bleeping forecasts which they turn around and bleep about anyway when the weather is bleepy

And if it wasn't for my bleeping wife making more bleeping money than me, despite spending less than half of what I did for bleeping college, I would still be living with my bleeping parents too. :(

14. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Don't worry Doright, my beef isn't with the desk workers, but rather with the cheap-butt retail companies themselves. Grrrr!

15. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
  16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Yes...beware....the CENSORED CENSORED banhammer never sleeps, CENSORED. [face_devil] :p

Edit:
    CENSORED you and your CENSORED CENSORED editing of your CENSORED message...makes this CENSORED rant look out of place. CENSORED.

Edit #2: Tee-hee...this is fun...in a CENSORED delirious sleep deprived way. :D

Edit #3: Oh wait, I'm supposed to be ranting. :mad: CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED Ah, much better. :) ...I mean, :mad:

17. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    hey. Go to CENSORED bed will ya

18. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm offended by yellow. I think Sebulba should be bleeping banned.

;)

19. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    *bans self...Midwest forums errupt in chaos and anarchy*

How you like them CENSORED apples, CENSORED?

:p

Edit: CENSORED board code errors. CENSORED!

*goes to sleep*

20. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Well maybe the BLEEP bleeps should be in BLEEP red instead. would that make you BLEEP happy?

21. Snidely_Whiplash

Aug 10, 2002
    Today?s Evil Whiplash rant will be on Merging Traffic. :mad:

Now everyone here knows how to use a Zipper right? I mean this is one of those. BLEEP Things they teach you in BLEEP Kindergarten right?.

Why oh why can people not get this BLEEP concept when they are in a long line of cars that must merge into one lane. One BLEEP car goes in front, one BLEEP care goes in back. Just like the teeth on a zipper. Yet there are always the BLEEP who have to drive all the way up to the last possible place to BLEEP merge just to try and save a few BLEEP seconds.

Then we have those who have the ?oh no your not BLEEP getting in front of me? attitude. You try and merge in front of them and the BLEEP BLEEP speed up so you can not. I mean what the BLEEP is up with that? :mad: If these BLEEP morons would just get their heads out of their BLEEP then things would go smoother on the roads and merging lanes wouldn?t slow traffic as much.

Here ends Today?s Evil Whiplash Rant.
    Tune in tomorrow. Same Whiplash Time. Same Whiplash Channel.

22. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, I agree with the zipper concept and dispise those who cannot grasp it.

But perhaps my biggest beef on the road are the people who do not understand how the stop sign works. Stop, wait one turn (if necessary), then go. Do not wait more than one turn. Really. Cars should only drive in front of you once. And please, do not stop as if there is a stop sign where there is, in fact, no stop sign.

Bleeping morons.

23. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    BLEEPing Minnesota drivers. No one here knows how to BLEEPing drive at all. You have to BLEEPing drive as if no one is BLEEPing paying attention so as to make sure nothing BLEEPing happens to you. And don't get me started on driving in the BLEEPing snow...

24. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Yes and why the BLEEPdo people always forget how to drive on snow every BLEEPing year. And in the spring after it all melts, and it snows again.. all the BLEEPing morons again BLEEPing forgot how to drive. What the BLEEP is up with that. BLEEP

25. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    oh and if the BLEEPing red bugs you, you can always use the universal swear word and use blue.

all your SMURFing words can be replaced by the one true cuss word SMURF.

so if you still have a SMURFing problem you can go SMURFing nuts with the new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.