main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Our Evil ranting thread..

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Snidely_Whiplash, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Today I rant about the weather. IT'S TOO COLD!!! I had to use three blankets last night.. I want summer back!

2. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    EYE Examss
    I can't see the boards very well - so my typing is bound to be errored!
    at least they said all's ok
    Reb

3. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Can I just say that from when I got up until now, this day has totally blowed???

I can't? Up yours - I already did.

4. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    COLD! naaa. this weather is great! I love this weather. It is so much better than 90 with hight humidity. I even went for a walk in the rain today it felt so good. I have windows open all over the house. :)

I love the fall. :) :)

5. Cynicman

Cynicman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    eh.. I'll rant here today. I can't feel my fingers by the time I get to work.
    The oncoming winter. Why oh why does it have to be cold and wet? Why can't the weather just choose one or the other. This is a big problem. If it is was wet, I can handle that just as long as I stay warm. If it is cold, it's simple enough to dress for it. but NOOOOOO! it has to be both.This cruel It just has to stay nice for just one more month. Then I don't have to worry about it anymore.
    On the plus side, I've always heard that rainwater was good for the hair and I can't really complain about tonight.It wasn't to bad. I had a nice refreshing ride home
    endrant

6. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    perhaps it is the wet the makes you cold??? MMMMM. I wonder.

7. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    but the combonation of Rain and Cold is GOOD. the sooner it gtets colder and the wetter it gets the more likely we are to have snow, which means i get to ski, which means i get to enjoy the only physicalactivity i'm good enough at to say it with a vehemence.

Plus the snow opens up my side job of Skiing instrction, anybody need a lesson? i'm a first year but i'm good ;D

Ohh BTW is anybody interested in doing a major skiing even, like up to daluth or something, this winter. I know it's early but i think it would be fun.

8. Cynicman

Aug 26, 2002
    downhill or CC? I do the CC thing but I didn't even get out last year. I bike to work all-year round so I prefer warm with no snow for that reason. If it does get cold, there is no point to it if there is no snow. I'd rather slip on the ice and land in a snowbank than the pavement. I like my skin where it is.

9. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Im ean Downhill, of course. It's the only way to ski.

10. MaraJW

MaraJW Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I just found out that I missed the season premiere of Buffy! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:(

11. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I have it taped and can bring it to you sometime if you want to see it.

12. MaraJW

MaraJW Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    THANK YOU!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

:) :) :)

13. jedi7401

jedi7401 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2001
    Me no ski. Jedi7401 likes her legs the way they are.

14. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Yes I couldn't agree more J7401. I have yet to break a major bone and I hope to keep it that way.

Now tubing or sledding are very cool. I will go down hill at high speeds on my butt or tummy but no way will I do it standing up. [face_blush]

15. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Ohh come now you two, it's not THAT hard, i've been doing it for 10 years now and i have yet to break anything or even go the the hospital. It's all about how far you let yourself go, and it's also about knowing your limits.

Come on let's see SOME positive response to Skiing/*Shudder*Snowboarding

16. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Well I just figure if I am going to end up on my butt or front anyway, why not just start out there. ;)

17. Cynicman

Aug 26, 2002
    Frankly, I find tubing and sledding to be more frightening than skiing. There is almost no control of speed or direction.

18. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Plenty of control when you are tubing. It's called your hands. Jam whichever one in the snow the direction you want to turn.

19. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Skiing..... (SOmehow to tie this to SW - Doesn't Han take Kip skiing ????)
    Sounds good to me as long as I can try those new parabolic skis - supposed to be easier than the old ones for turning....and stopping. He he....
    Reb

20. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    Wow, I can't believe I live in the state that invented cold and almost no one else here skis. I guess it's more popular in New England because there are actually mountains all over the place, especially in New Hampshire, where I'm from, and Vermont.

I've also been skiing for a long time. Since the 4th or 5th grade, actually (about 20 years, for those of you slow at math). I've never so much as gotten a bloody nose or a bruise from it. Just some sore muscles. Ok, lots of sore muscles. ;)
    Have you ever participated in NASTAR races, Gorin? I tried it for the first time this past winter when I went back home for vacation. I managed to get a bronze. :)
    Oh, and since this is supposed to be a rant thread, I'd like to complain that there aren't any really good skiing areas around the cities. Ok, so I haven't even been to any of the ones that are here, and I'm just basing my opinion on the listed elevation differences and word of mouth; I really should try them and verify whether they're any good.

21. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Nope, i'm not a racer, just a Ski instructor and recreational skiier.

I'm glad to see SOME people know why it's FUN when you fall and turn into a snow ball the size of a bus. (It didn't hurt, just looked funny. If only they'ed had a video camera.)

22. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    My evil rant will be on job choices.

but first a big anoucncement as of the week before thanksgiving in Nov. I will be quitting Target. Due to a really dumb decsion they made about not giving team members time off during the holiday season. I know it is regular to work the day after thanksgiving. but you see i have a special reason why i cannot. I will be visting my little brother in the big apple aka New York over that time. I tried to ask my evil boss to make an exception. but all i could get from her mouth was "NO". Man i hate her. So wont be working at Target and now trying to get hired at some magical place that is not I repeate not fast food. I did it for a mounth and i hated it. So now for todays rant about carrer choices.

Somedays when i am at school i know that i want to be a film crtic and somedays i am not sure what i want to be. It,s a tough choice to make. Then today decied to fling off the stresess of school and go see a movie . The Movie The 24 Hour Party people. It is a movie about Tony Willams a man who Started and finshed the punk rock scene in manchester England. I really enjoyed the story and cinmeatoragphy. This movie showed that tony was a guy who knew what he wanted and went for it . He produced such bands as Joy devison and Baz. He just went out there and did it. Sure he made mistakes like doing drugs and not paying enough attetion to his first wife which caused her to leave him. But he moved on and did the things he wanted to do with his life . I was just amazed by this movie espeicaly Steve Coogan prefomance as Tony. Then I thought to myself as i was leaving . By jove i have myself a major. I will be a student of the art of film crticsim. Whoo Hoo Felling much better :) Thats the rant for today. Tomrrow rant: Who Knows :))

23. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Ben: Based on all the film knowledge you're able to throw out at our various gatherings, I think you'd be an awesome film critic.

As for job choices ... I feel your pain. I would recommend trying to get a job at a supermarket. Having been doing research on unions lately, I found out that damn, they get paid well. Any other typical retail job is going to have all the same downfalls as Target.

24. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I hear Cub Foods has a good pay/benefit package.

25. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    thanks guys :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.