main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Our Evil ranting thread..

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Snidely_Whiplash, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    A few things
    I'm going to Lutsen for the first time and skiing for the first time in YEARS this winter - after christmas, before New Years!

Boo Hiss on Target - what are they doing to their under 18 employees who's famlies may be taking them out of towm....argh!

Too much to do on Sat to make the con that day - hope to get their on Sunday - but I hope we can agreee on a time & place for a PM dinner gathering
    (I'll post that on another thread)
    Reb

2. HansKidsArePansies

HansKidsArePansies Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2002
    Am I allowed to rant here? Or is it only for members..... I'm new so I hope it's okay....
    ...'Cuz i want to complain about the lack of new SW action figures in the stores. Hasbro hasn't released a new figure in almost 2 months!!! Everywhere I go it's the same ol' figures that I got a long time ago. Granted, they've released a bunch of Deluxe 'Accessory sets', but those things cost $10!! And they're not even that cool!! I want to see the Ki Adi Mundi figure! I want to see the Padme' pilot figure! I want to find the Clone Trooper pilot!
    Where are they??!! If anyone finds any new figures that haven't been out already for a month, let me know where you saw 'em and I'll be there in a flash!! Thanx!!

3. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I can add my voice to that rant.

Some of the dealers at the con this weekend had some of the figures from the new waves (Ki-Adi Mundi, Tatooine Attack Anakin, and one of the podracers from EpI).. so I'm guessing us normal folk will start spotting them in a couple weeks.

Must have new Ki-Adi Mundi!!

4. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    That is so wierd I got the Ki-Adi Mundi figure at wal mart well over a month ago??? Are you sure he isn't part of the older wave.

5. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Thpt! I think you just got lucky .. I didn't even know he was out until this weekend.

Though I did get the 12" from the fanclub .. VERY cool!

6. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Either way tomorrow I will have a Jaina Solo Figure so now I am the figure king.

Well assuming it turns out ok. ;)

7. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Heehee! Good luck on that!

8. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I think it will. I even have a purple lightsaber for her.

I have a Idea for Jacen too but it's a bit more risky. I am going to use the Bespin Luke as a starting point. I will have to paint some so that is the risky part.

Now if I could just come up with a Corran. MMMMMM.

9. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    We'll Corran is Correliean - maybe you could find one of those overly buff Han figures ----and go from there - just needs some green paint!
    Reb

10. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    Insta-Corran! :)

11. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I hate Macs. I want to bash them all in. :mad:

I got to class this evening and the mac 10 said it couldn't read my pc zip. So I had to remove the zip drive and put it on another mac. That one would open my photoshop files, but it would print them. Some "file sharing problem." Told me a million times after I tried just *once* to print that the Finder needed attention and then when I went to the finder, it of course said it couldn't print due to some kind of error. :

~*~Bria

12. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    bria computers are a pain in the butt

Ben

13. BobaBen

Mar 17, 2002
    My Evil Rant Will be on Want and Emotion and work

recntly i have been really sporked not at anyone here or at home. Im sporked that i dont have a better job. Let me tell you working retail is the worst job on the planet. you get dumped on by everybody from old woman to dad,s who are just mean to their kids . Man i hate that then the boss who due to the fact that she had to close cristmas eve has decied that no one can have the holidays off . Man i hate her. She thinks that buying doughnuts will makes us happy. Yeah Right. I just know that i want something diffent for my life. Yeah i know i said i want to be a film crtic. but i cant walk up to a drive through and get a degree. I know that i will have to work hard but it will be worth it in the end. The other thing is the want thing. I hate that i only have so much money to spend and when that new dvd comes out i want it so badly but i know that i have to save up for fun stuff like film con and the three big dvd,s that are comeing out in Nov . man sometimes stuff just drives you nuts

Ben

14. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    We get pizza on the Holidays we work. [face_plain]

I wish I was just closing on Holidays. Fact is my job is a 24/7 operation. Working Midnight?s on Xmas eve is such a Sporking pain in the butt. Last year Santa had to deliver presents to my work so I could rap them During lunch and then I had to hope to all heaven that Padawan Lucas didn't wake up before I got home. :eek:

As far as Corran goes.. I now have a plan on that one. May take a bit before I get around to it though.

15. Cynicman

Cynicman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    Working,sometimes it just doesn't seem worth it. Sometime's I think about pulling a Thoreau and living as a hermit. Then I realize how much I like stuff. I really like stuff. I like to buy stuff.I despise my materialistic nature. I could do so much more if I didn't have it. .. but I really like stuff. Like my cable connection and laptop. I think I ranted on this earlier. My job scares me at the moment. I care less everyday. What really scares me is that I actually LIKE helping customers. They make my job harder, there mostly stupid they have no patienc,.. but for some reason I like being able to help them out. Even if they are arse wholes. I think this is a sign of the apocolypse. Because of this, I hate myself at work. I hate myself when I get stressed out over little things. I worry how long I'm going to be able to keep my job at my current state of apathy to the actually work. I'm done at the end of the month but, I 've already got my replacement pretty much trained in and I wonder If I will be able to keep my 40 hours a week till the end of that period. I still get along fine with my mangers and coworkers. I have a hard time truly hating anyone and it seems like such a waste of energy to hate someone I actually have to work with. frankly I'd rather find something to like or respect. whatever happens, happens. Thereisn't much I can do about it except all I can. Now.. if I wasn't so lazy.\
    I DO hate being BRIBED with donoughts or some other schtuff to work harder. One of my managers trys to hand out dollars to try to get people to speak up in the meetings. I personally find it insulting. THERE ARE WORSE JOBS OUT THERE THAN RETAIL!! At least with retail you can quit at anytime, you aren't chained to anything and you don't develop minors lung. It's a trap though always be wary.

CM what was I saying again? I seem to have forgotten.
    This link is to uplift spirits. I laughed till I could feel my feet. Enjoy

ramble

16. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Thtat was great! I've seen it from other sites, but never able to hear it from work due to some plug-in issues.

17. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Kittnes Rule!!
    (Twin Tigers?)
    You Rock!
    Reb

18. Macaw_Jedi

Macaw_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    Hi Everyone,

I noticed a lot of work related unhappiness so I have desided to post lesson of the 5 balls that I had wrote. I had interperted this from a book I had read. Hopes this helps.

Macaw-Jedi

Lesson of the 5 balls

In life a person has to juggle the 5 balls which are Health, Family, Integrity, Friends and Work. In theory these balls need to be constantly juggled and never dropped to keep them in constant balance.

Of the 5 balls one is made out of rubber. The ball made out of rubber is called Work while the remaining balls, Health, Family, Integrity and Friends are made out of glass.

However at times it becomes harder and harder to keep the 5 balls juggling at the same time. Sometimes a glass ball will be dropped causing it to get scratched, scuffed or even break. To help keep the balance and the glass balls intact, if a ball needs to be dropped, drop the rubber ball called Work. It will bounce back!

19. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Good point Macaw Jedi!
    Now I have to blow some steam!
    Evil Appliances
    Not one but TWO go down
    Dryer and Garabge Disposal (Can't ignore that one - IT FELL OFF THE UNDERSIDE OF THE SINK (LOLOL...He he well at least I can laugh)
    Oh the joys of home ownership!
    Luckily I have a good plumber!
    Reb

20. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    So what your saying Macaw is, 'you shouldn't bust your balls at work'.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Sorry. I couldn't resist ;)

21. Cynicman

Aug 26, 2002
    Rant.. I seem to be going back on my resolve not to rant/whine here as much... I have to rant on Insomnia. Has anyone read the book by Stephen King?(you don't have to answer that.) In the book, the main chacter has a case of insomnia where he continues to fall asleep later and wake up earlier. He starts seeing things after a while. That's what I feel like right now. I'm sitting here listening to music knowing very well how little sleep I had the night before, and somehow being wide awake... The worst part is I'm so awake I even have too much energy to sit and read. Reading/writing is how I usually pass the time when I absolutely can't sleep. So I've got my headphones hooked up to my computer, streched accross to my bed where I'm trying to read. I'm staring blankly at the page and all I can think about is how I can sneak more anime music into the speakers that we sell maybe pull up some SW music while I'm at it. Some stuff that isn't easily recognized. I'm still waiting for someone to notice the opening theme to Cowboy Bebop that's been on there for months. This one of the many ways I allow myself to have "fun" at work. But that's enough rambling for me. I think I'm going to work on my site just a little. So I can get into the whole "daily rant" thing again or Maybe I'll just start going to various therepy groups for illness's I don't have so I can sleep.

Cynicman
    "I want you to hit me as hard as you can"

22. BobaBen

Mar 17, 2002
    This has Been one Crappy Day. First of all my mom has trouble with her asthma. It wasnt Bad. But it could have been serious If not treated by a doctor. So I go with her and wait with her to make sure everything is ok. I walk around the doctors office and bulding worrying if things are going to be ok. I swing on the swings in the park and just walk arround Centenial Lake park and then i find out that she had broncitis. Whoo. Then as we are leaving i get a message on my phone that i have missed play practice and the person who told me this was not happy with me. Man i feel so bad. I want to call her and tell her i am sorry. But That just isnt me. No i am not an arougant person. It is just that i have been aplogising to people all my life. im sorry for this. Im sorry i did that. Thats all i do becuse for some reason i feel so gulity for just being me . Which i know i should not. But I dont want to aplogise to her or get mad at her. I just dont know what to do! Otherwise im fine i fell fine. I have to correct some papers tonight and then tomrrow night i have to star on the jedi costume with my mom. Otherwise i m groovy how about everyone else ?

23. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Don't feel like you have to constantly explain and apologize. Just call the person back and tell them your mom was sick. If they don't accept that, then tough tooties. It's out of your hands.

My day has been less than ideal too.

24. BobaBen

Mar 17, 2002
    Thanks Erica

25. Cynicman

Aug 26, 2002
    sickness in the family shouldn't be something you have to apologize for.. to reiterate Bobafemme..

I'm great myself. I played hooky at work today and spent the better part of the day reading in a coffee shop in Osseo. I got to see some people that I've barely seen since High school. Ah.. good day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.