main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Our Fan Force compaired to everybody else's Fan Force.

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by MoronDude, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    What's wrong with us? While we are failing to get a meeting started, others are having private movie viewings, SW:RPG nights & Charity Events. They get TFN to announce their events and they even have their own icons in the JC for Pete's sake! Are we just living in a Star Wars devoid zone?! With a good 40,000 members of the JC, there are only 5 Vegans willing to join the Fan Force? Maybe we need a PR person.

2. ZamWesell

ZamWesell Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2002
    If your part of a FanForce do you really get different icons? And why don't we have a chapter.

3. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    We have to have 3 meetings that ff.net knows about and we must have at least 3 people at each meeting. :)

4. ZamWesell

ZamWesell Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2002
    Really now? Is that so hard to do? I would like to at least get a chapter set up and be a founding member! How cool would that be? It doesn't seem like all that much to ask for. All I need is to get my car back from the shop.

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Heck yeah, I didn't even think about that... I would probably be a founding member too! Okay, why don't we make a plan. Obey Wann gave us some good ideas. We need to get ahold of people from Vegas who are interested in making a damn fine Fan Force!

Should we open a thread in the Community forum?

6. ZamWesell

ZamWesell Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2002
    As long as we start making some progress. I think one of the easiest things to do would be to meet at the movies or a book store.

7. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    I did open a thread once,like a week ago, and never got a response. so im not sure if that will work if we try again.

8. ZamWesell

ZamWesell Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2002
    Well me and a friend of mine are gonna go to the movies on Friday. I just gotta make some plans at what theater to go to and such but if one other person goes that qualifies right? And then we'd need two more meetings.

9. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Here are a couple of quick ideas:

1) Add a line in your signature containing a link to this forum. Then post (intelligently) in other forums in the JC. Specifically in Costuming and Props, Games, and if you like spoilers, in PSA. Or in the prequels (non spoilers).

2) I saw three different people in this thread. You three get together, and tell me about it ahead of time. All you need is three people. Go for it!!!

Good luck, and MTFBWY!

10. ZamWesell

ZamWesell Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm not all that up and up on puting links into a signature or message. You think you could write a sample for me maybe with spaces or something to interfere with the html so that it can be seen in a message?

11. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    I havent looked yet but if they use html you use this to make a link

<a href=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10133>Las Vegas Board</a>
    after the a href you put the link and the part that say las vegas board would be the part a person would click on

after taking a look it appears instead of regular html they do it like this

Las vegas board
    <link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10133]Las vegas board[/link]

the first < should be a [ just i couldnt put it in or it would turn into a link and you wouldnt have seen the code :)

12. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    Strange... It appears the markup codes dont work in your sigs it says, all you gotta do is put the link in for a sig

http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10133

so just put that and it will turn into a link by itself, only works on your sig though, i cant figure out how you would name the link though, like change it to las vegas boards instead of showing the whole link..

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, well this ain't working. I have another idea. I'm a graphic designer, so I'll print up a flyer, go get copies made and put them up at places like Borders, Toys R Us, Hobby Shops... things like that. It's a long shot, but it may work.

14. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    That sounds like a good idea, since i was the last one to post like 3 days ago :/
    oh yeah and the idea of putting a link in you sig is a good idea

15. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I just wanted to let you know I'm lurking around here occasionally. I participate on the Phoenix FF but don't like close enough to go there to participate actively. I've been hoping more would start posting here. I post a lot on the costuming/prop threads. You might start hanging around there some. Consider going to some of the comic/toy shops around Vegas and start talking about the forum, maybe they will even let you leave a flier there about it and it might attract other fans. You could even hand out fliers while people are in line to see the new film too!

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    That's a good idea, Mirax H! Handing fliers out in the line to episode 2! Thats something we have to do!

Also, maybe we could put an ad in the RJ?

17. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Also, according to the 501st website, it appears there is a chapter in Vegas. You might want to contact them.

18. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    ... I stand corrected. It seems this thread was the turning point of our Fan Force. I feel better.

19. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I would definatly go in to the main forums and chat around find out if there are others in your statw that are in to prop making or fanfiction. the MAIN THING is to PLAN MEETINGS AND LET OBAY WANN KNOW then the rest will fall in to place , just remeber that rome wasnt built in a day. ant time you want some in put on anything feel free to contact any one of us in the denver forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.