main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Our FanForce T-shirts

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediYvette , Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I thought I'd bring this up since I would like to get them back to you all by our next FanForce meeting. If not then, hopefully sometime BEFORE the Ren Faire in august. :)
    Please PM me with sizes, and specify if they are men or women or youth sizes.
    Also, without specifying, I will be assuming you want crew neck style shirts, since they are the cheapest and easiest to find. I however, hate them. So I am also looking for t-shirts with smaller ribbing. If you would like one too, please mention that. Colors won't be exact matches but as close as I can find, so also keep that in mind when deciding too please. :)

As for the design and look of our t-shirts, I want to open the floor up for ideas.
    Should we take the banner artwork? Or something similiar? Or completely different?
    Everyone is free to post ideas then we'll pick from there. :)
    Also, when posting your ideas, mention the background color you think would look best with the design. I seriously hate white t-shirts myself, so I am leaning towards colored ones. But my opinion isn't all that matters, so whatever the masses want, I'll swim with. :)

Also, would you like the graphic on the back or front?
    I was thinking the back, then we can put a smaller version on the front, or even geekier, have our name/screen name/Fav SW Charater/Other, embroidered on the front. Or, to add a third, let people decide for themselves. I know then we won't all be identical at events, but at least everyone gets what they wants.

In addition, cost is currently free. It won't cost anything, except, I am asking for the donation of your opinion in the creating process. That may change as (HOPEFULLY) our membership grows, but yes, as of now, don't worry about paying anything. :)

2. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    For an add-on, maybe the design part was a bit premature. I was under the impression we decided on the Emerald City Society one. But all other info is still valid. Please send sizes and styles to me as soon as possible. :)

3. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I would personally prefer a non-white t-shirt as well, but I'm not sure which color would work. Black maybe?

I also don't like crew necks, especially in the men's sizing since they're too small or weird. The men's sizing can be with crew neck since that seems to be what is mainly designed. Women's though, we have a ton of options like v-neck, scoop, etc.

I like the idea of a logo on the back with a smaller design on the front. Names would be a tad too weird for me (I don't want to look like I work at a restaurant...). I liked the character idea, though with copyrights, not sure how it would go. I vote for just having the group name on the front.

JediFarfy

4. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    From a design standpoint, black shirts, black is the easiest color to match if you're getting shirts from different sources, and pretty much any design looks good on black.

A large Logo on the back and a small logo on the front is a good way to go, depending on the logo, some look good that way, some don't. The logo can also be designed with this in mind.

You guys seem to be pretty keen on green (my favorite color :D) and green and black go together rather well...

[image=http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/green-lantern/green-lantern-movie.jpg]

More later... lots of ads to work on...

5. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I was also thinking that if we do the back and front thing, we use the banner for the front, and a larger, different picture on that back. The banner is already the right shape--we'll just smaller-ize it to fit, while another picture can be especially designed for the shirt. Regardless of our name, I really think the green/black suggestion rocks. :)

And not just because I am in love with Green Lantern. Really. [face_plain]

[face_love]

6. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    As a graphic designer, let me stress that wherever you go to get these done, they'll most likely ask for the design in a vectorized format, usually built in Adobe Illustrator(.AI .EPS .PDF). I can take whatever design you choose and vectorize it for you and put it in the proper format (CMYK, Outlined Text) for you.

;)

I'm at your disposal.

7. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003

I do everything in Illustrator even dimensioned drawings, CADTOOLS Rocks.

However I am not not an artist at all. Stick figures, blueprints and graphics are all I can do, when I have the time.

Black in green will be cool. I am all for the green.

When it comes to shirts I am partial to big logo on back, small on front over pocket (if there is one.) Or big logo on front and URL for website across the shoulders.

Just some thoughts. But of course name comes first.

8. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Very nice.

I hadn't thought of that... shame on me... :oops:

9. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Ohhhh didn't think about a URL. That would be cool too.

JediFarfy

10. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    When we get a URL... [face_dancing]

:p

11. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, yeah. Technicalities. :p

JediFarfy

12. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    at my work i can get alot of tshirts in different colors...we carry vnecks which i prefer but they only come in white, black, and charcoal....just a thought 5-$19.99

13. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, charcoal. I like that or black. That sounds like a good deal too.

JediFarfy

14. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    And that is a great price. I'll stop by some time soon and check them out. :D

15. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    i work 1-close on sat, yvette...what time do you work, maybe we could catch lunch. also i have a connection with T-shirts To Go manager and i'm sure he could print them for us...but he says they would have to be lighter colors, i.e. white, lime green, yellow, heather grey. i'm of today so just let me know!

16. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I don't work at the mall this saturday, so maybe I'll just stop by and bother you. :p
    And check out your t-shirts of course too. ;) :p

And, I am a fan of the lime green variety too, so if they can give a good price on the t-shirt printing, I am sure they can do better then I ever could. :)

17. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    [face_dancing] Oooo it sounds like the tee shirts are coming together!
    I also love green! [face_alien_1]

18. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    so we have the tshirts but the guy at T-shirts To GO said that the color will bleed/mix with the colors of the design. thats why they usually use white or light grey. if we make the design dark enough( i.e. use grey/silver instead of white) we should be fine. also, if we make more than 30 tshirts we can send it to the screenprinter and they will come out without bleeding/mixing and we'll get a better deal. hit me up....[face_alien_1] the green is like this

19. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Ohhh... obnoxious neon green....

I have corduroy pants to match! Awsome!!

BTW, light grey is cool too. Whatever makes the design look the best.

JediFarfy

20. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001

Are these crew necked t-shirts we are talking about or good ones? :p
    And how much will getting 30+ at once cost?

21. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Also, I justed wanted to add, that Amy did suggest we use CafePress to make our shirts, if the cost of having many done in bulk was too much. I didn't want to go that way because then everyone would have to buy their own shirt and I didn't want them to. However, many other CRs have suggested using CafePress because it is cheaper then most designers and very easy to use.

Would it be better to order them through CafePress if every other way is too expensive or not the quality we wanted? We also get to pick our own t-shirt style and stuff.

I'll reimburse the cost as well.

Just throwing in more ideas. :)

22. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    We use cafepress (for now) and it's ok, but all the shirt colors are white or very light grey. And I wouldn't worry about designer costs, because I've already offered to design it for free. ;)

23. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Which is much appreciated. As well as anyone interested in designing them. :)

We just need a name first. :p

24. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Grey is a good color too!

25. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    cafe press does have black available, too, as an experiment. I designed a shirt for black and it worked well. The original SSWS shirts were from cafepress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.