main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Our first activity in a loooooong while

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Since there seems to be some new blood in the group, let us start discussing formally what we would like to do as a group.

Please post your suggestions as far as what, when and where.

If I may start by suggesting that perhaps the first thing we do be something of a laid back, get-to-know-each-other kind of thing...ie perhaps keep it away from other groups' events/meetings/activities as well as from meeting opening day...

2. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Since I am the F.N.G. here, I will start us off. I wouldn't mind going bowling. There is a place called Bowl America(I think that's the name)on Midlothian. Or somewhere like TGI'Fridays or Applebee's would be cool also. As for when, I would hate to set a date that's not good for everyone, but like I said before Sat and Sun are always good for me. I could be persueded to come on a Friday night if not too late, but I would have to show up in my scrubs(11-0700 shift). I will be off next Friday because I have to work Sunday Night this weekend.

Holla back!

3. SuperShipley

SuperShipley Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Bowling is good, I'd love to attend, and could probably see if any of our richmond guys might want to join in too -- but I know most of us are booked for the next two weekends, but don't base planning on that - but I know I'd like to go.

4. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I have an RPG this coming weekend (16-17) so I am unavailable. The weekend of the 23-24 is available right now (never sure when I have plans with the in-laws though), as is the 30-1st May.

I will check out prices and post them here (should not be hard because we have tried to bowl as a group 3-4 times before).

Keep on with the suggestions for activities and dates.

(Is everyone best with a Saturday/Sunday Afternoon activity?)

**Edit of further details**
    Looking back to old planning threads, it appears that we need a week or two to plan (ie time to call around and see who has leagues or events on the given day we want to bowl) and that the cost was generally $5 for a game and $4 for shoe rental...

5. Kmunee

Nov 5, 2001
    Sounds like a plan. I look forward to it. I also like how we all have Lt. Commander clone troopers as our avatars. How cool is that?

If we ever decide to do a costume thing, we should be ARC troopers. Just something to think about.

6. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Heh, well if you, or anyone wants to get armor.. look no further. I have several contacts that can help you on the right path. I'm hoping to eventually do a Ep. 3 blue spec-ops trooper (from the trailer walking into the city with Anakin)

7. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    The fact that we all have clone trooper icons is a little weird¡K.or maybe it just means that we are just that cool that we all think alike ;)

Clone Trooper Armour¡XNah, not for me. I have personally been the eyes for one stormtrooper (my bf at the time) and Vader (My dad), and I will stick to my costumes that allow for full vision, no closterphobia, and no heat stroke lol¡KWhile they are the attention grabbers, I prefer my support roles¡Kbeside, being the evil jedi is just toooooo much fun ?º

8. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Scout troopers are clones too, amaunet. ;)

I won't be able to make it to any Fanforce gatherings, considering I don't have a license yet.

9. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    probably a bit off topic - but just how OLD is everyone? that comment about the drivers license made me question this.

10. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    lol gooood idea....

I am 26.

11. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    20, but will be 21 in 1 month and 13 days..YES, I am counting...

12. Kmunee

Nov 5, 2001
    I am 27. Too old to be a padawan, but to young to be a master.

13. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    I turned 18 in January.

14. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Anyone else have an opinion on what we should do or when you are available??

So far we have had Bowling or dinner suggested

and so far we knew this weekend was bad

Anyone else?

15. Kmunee

Nov 5, 2001
    Well, if there aren't that many of us, maybe something more personal. I would be willing to invite whomever was willing or wanted to come over and watch various Star Wars or any other kicka** movie we wanted to check out. just and idea. Think it over and let me know.

"You must do what you think is right, of course." -Obiwan Kenobi

16. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Nothing personal - b/c I've had events and meet random people at their houses - but I figure first event public place to be safe... I think bowling and dinner works out - but C3 is my main focus, so after that shindig and week of recovery are done, THEN I can figure out when I'm free, heh. Can only thing about C3.

17. Kmunee

Nov 5, 2001
    your right. I should see how well you move in your flesh before I decide who to make a skin suit from and bury the remains underneath my house. Muahahahaha!
    :mad:[face_skull]

18. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I now know that I have RPG games on the 7th and the 14th. Our games normally start around 11-12 so if anyone is up for an early meeting on either day I could do that...But otherwise we end around 9-10pm so likely those 2 days are out for me.

As for meeting local--we will keep it in a public place for now, whether bowling or just an initial face-to-face meeting (like coffee/drinks or informal lunch/dinner). Does anyone have a preferance on the first meeting having a cost attached? Would anyone prefer that we do something that does not have a cost to enjoy? ( I know bowling is one of those things that you can do and not pay for-but then you dont play, where meeting for drink/food would be something that you could enjoy without paying and not feel left out....)---Just trying to make certain that we are not alienating people because of the cost involved in meetings

19. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    No further interest in the activity?? If we wanted to do something before the movie, we need to do it SOON!!!

20. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Well, I'm up for anything really, just need to know when. The 501st is having an armor party on the 7th of May, so at least that day is out for me.

21. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah likewise. As well as the 14th for me. So that leaves this weekend or a friday or sunday for an activity.

22. Kmunee

Nov 5, 2001
    I am still interested in meeting up, just been out of the loop for the last 2 weeks. May I suggest that someone throw a date out in the air then see how many of us are avaiable. Weekends are preferable. I would like to know is anyone up for seeing the movie the weekend it opens. We could possibly meet at a central theater that is not to far for any of us to get to. Let me know.

23. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Well I know that I have an RPG this weekend, Going to the midnight and 7pm shows on Thursday and out of town for memorial day weekend...Outside of that, I may be available for the 21st or 22nd to do a show, depending on the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.