main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Our First meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Well this is the first chance I've had time to post this and I ve got some other topics to post for discussion as well.

First off we are trying to figure out a name for ourselves. We all seem to like something to do with bounty hunters. I kinda wanted to have something that sounded good with Winston-Salem or something mixed with Winston-Salems' history and Star Wars.(example=Tobacco or anything Winston is known for)Anyways here were some ideas...
    Winston-Salems' Bounty Hunters
    Winston-Salems' Imperial Forces(or Army)
    Winston-Salem Wookies(no)
    Winston-Salem Techno Union
    Winston-Salems' Coven of Sith
    Winston-Salems' High Jedi Council

I guess I have been chosen the Chapter Representative since I have the most uhhh(what's a good word?)enthusiasm(sp.?) for starting the club.Other positions have not been filled yet like a treasurer or anything else.

I'm the only one that's gonna be at the IQM2 FanForce booth it looks like. Hopefully Kevin(TiePilot74) will help at the the table a little on Saturday while he's there.

Charities we have decided to donate to are...
    In Defense of Animals
    Multiplsclerosis Fund(sp.?)

So far what's gonna be donated to the FanForce raffle from the Winston chapter is...
    Alex-some loose figures
    Brian-some loose figures
    Me-maybe a carded figure,a couple TPB books and a comic or two.

If anyone can contribute to the baked goods we'll be selling to raise money for our club and selected charities-that would be awesome. I can't do everything out of my wallet for everyones benefit. Just a couple of bucks would be cool or if you wanted to go and buy a couple boxes of brownie mix or cookies that get baked over to my house for me to make the friday night before the convention that would be cool too.Please reply to this request.

Seems like Saturdays around 1:00 pm is the best time frame for our meetings.The next meeting hasn't been set yet. I was gonna try and have our next meeting be at the IQM nut some people can't make it.

Alex has been chosen as the lucky member to build our website once our chapter is established and become official. Any ideas can be brought to his attention through BrianMan.Maybe will get to discuss it at the next meeting.

Please reply with you input concerning the chapter.

Spooky-Kid
    Winston-Salem FanForce [face_devil]

2. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Sounds like things are coming together great for you guys, I am still in the process of getting a Greensboro chapter started, I will keep you posted. It will be awesome to have a Fan Force close by to plan events with.

Chris

3. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    just another name idea...

Bounty Hunters 'R Us

[face_devil]

4. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    or...

Boba Fetts' Legion
    or
    Mandalorian Legion

5. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    How about "The Bounty Hunters Guild" from the EU?

or

"Winston-Salem's Bounty Hunters Guild" (WSBHG)

Just a thought.

JMK

6. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I think there's already another FF by that name.

Are you the one that wanted to come to our first meeting but found out about it to late?

Yep-I was right.That's the name of the Waco,TX FF chapter.

7. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Hey Spooky-Kid, those sound like some good names. Just wanted to give you a heads up, if Padawan311 starts one up in Greensboro, I will probably join that one instead (no offense), I live in Greensboro (about 3 min from the mall) It just seems to make more sense then to drive to Winston. Sorry Dude.

8. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Unfortunately I am not the one that was interested in going to your first meeting. I live in Greenville, NC and it would be a 4 hour drive to make it there. However, I hope your meeting is awesome.

JMK

9. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    THAT'S COOL ADMIRAL_OZZEL

Hope there's some other metal heads there for you to bond with.

spooky [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.