main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Our first Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Our first Star Wars RPG will be held Sunday Jan 23, 2005 at my place at 2PM. I'll game master it, so we can have 3 to 4 players other than myself. How's that Jeepwithguy?

2. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    I think I am in and can make that, I'm definately interested. If somebody could post anything that I need to in advance to get ready. I don't have a character yet. Also, Don, if you could send me directions to your place, that would be great. I can also bring my miniatures if we wanted to use them to represent different characters. On a side not, I got the last one I needed to finish my clone strike set in the mail yesterday so that one is done!

William

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Don, if you run into anything you don't know in gamemastering, call me and I will probably be with our gamemaster Sean who can guide you through things. Don't forget to include a place for Beenca in your adventure.

Will, it would be helpful to get a tube of dice that includes, a 4 side, an 8 side, a 12 side, a 20 side, and 4 six side. The 20 side and the 4 six siders are used most. I am sure you can get some cool dice at Fallen Orc.

It is helpful when creating a character and when playing the game to have the Star Wars Roleplaying game core rulebook 2nd edition handy. This can be picked up at Fallen Orc or Borders, or any of the book stores. Also, you might want to get a cheap notebook to write things down as you go such as wound points and vitality and other details like that.

Another thing we have learned along the way is to not have every player be a jedi or a sith. Not everyone in the SW universe has Force powers, so not everyone in the game needs to have them. It makes it more interesting to go through the game when each player has unique abilities.

4. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Thanks Stacey, I knew I could count on your counsel in this matter.

5. JeepWithGuy

JeepWithGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2003
    Sorry for not checking back here, I forgot completely about it. The 23rd works for me, that should fall on my weekend off. I have plenty of dice for everyone, and a core rulebook for myself. And I would like to play a Jedi character, but i'll leave that up to the descretion of the gamemaster. ;)

If anyone needs any resources for the game, I have a ton of the old WEG sourcebooks, just let me know!

6. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Dang, and I work Sundays.

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Rats. That's right I forgot. Erm... let me work on that for a moment or two. I had a tournament in Winston Salem to run. Not too late to reschedule. I'll confirm in a few days.

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    The scoop so far: I can't get out of the Saturday tournament, but I won't be back from Winston-Salem until 8PM that Saturday. I realize this is late, but it might be fun to do this at night for about 4 or more hours. Is that ok? If that's ok, I'll tell our RSA to post it with a better color like EF5907 so that it's legible in the header above the board.
    Pizza and drinks on me! Cool?

9. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    So is this going to be Saturday night now? Or is it still Sunday?

William

10. JeepWithGuy

Oct 31, 2003
    Works for me...

11. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok I've sent the note for Mandy to post above that it's Saturday Jan 22 9PM at my place. We'll do character builds whilst I set up the story.

My place :
    113 Lost Tree Lane
    Cary, NC 27513

12. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Jackie's helping me build the story so I should have it ready for Saturday nite. This'll be cool!

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I have the core book from Fallen Orc! Building story today...

14. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Just a reminder: Star Wars RPG is tomorrow nite!

15. JeepWithGuy

Oct 31, 2003
    Just FYI, apparently some big snowfall is predicted for this weekend. I have four wheel drive, so if I
    can be there, i'll be there. Unfortunately I can't make any promises though. I had a school in Garner the other day when it snowed and it took me 2 hours for a 30 minute trip back to Wendell, and I almost slid off the road 3 or 4 times. So like I said, if I can be there, I will. I'll post tommorrow though beforehand if I can't come.

Hopefully see you guys tommorrow!

P.S. Yes, it's true ladies and gentlemen. There is only one JEEP! Mwah!

16. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Have fun Y'all. If any questions come up I am just a phone call away. I will be able to join you in person within 6 weeks or so.

17. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    I may or may not be there. It depends on the weather, I can't afford to wreck another car due to ice, and what ends up happening tomorrow night. I am going to try to make it though.

18. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    If it gets ruff out there, I'll push it back a week.

19. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm cancelling the RPG - looks like Genosian weather out there - looks really bad for tonight - rather have everyone be safe than sorry. ;(

I'm pushing this to next weekend 1/29 at 9PM same time same place.

I will post the story I've built this week probably by Wednesday, so you can have your character built along the lines of the campaign I develop. Thanks beaucoups to Stacey for sending me a blank Star Wars character sheet in my email, so anyone who is definitely coming next Saturday can email me and I'll send them a copy.

I have blank character sheets here ready for you here.

20. JeepWithGuy

Oct 31, 2003
    I won't be able to make it on the 29th, that's my
    weekend to work. Sorry guys...

21. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Darn it. Ok, when can you not work?

22. JeepWithGuy

Oct 31, 2003
    The next weekend after that. :) I work every other weekend...So February 4th, 5th, & 6th i'll be off.

23. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    hey again! just wanted to drop a line about this. My group just started our first SW RPG as well. this Thursday will be our 3rd game night (it's weekly now) and it's been fun. I haven't read through all your posts yet, so forgive me my laziness & ignorance that will probably show up in this question, but:
    ~what era/time frame are you playing?

:)

24. JeepWithGuy

Oct 31, 2003
    So what's the status? This weekend good? Just
    trying to keep tabs, let me know!

25. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    We are still ON for this weekend - 9PM Saturday - my place. Story to be posted tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.