main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Our forum change is but the first step ....

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by THX_Jedi, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    As you might have noticed, Fanforce is breaking away from theforce.net. This is due to increased fan interest in Star Trek as apposed to Star Wars. Fanforce will also be changing its name to TrekForce. We will be moving the boards off the IGN servers to the ezboards (links coming soon). This will only be temporary until we can find a new home.

Fanforce.net has always been one of the largest Star Wars sites on the Internet. As our community grows it has become increasingly difficult to pay for the server due to the overwhelming amount of activity in these forums. This will be a long and difficult process filled with many growing pains but we are sure we can survive them.

This change may come as a shock to most of you. The JC admins, RSA, and CR reps have been meeting over the past month concerning this much needed 'upgrade'. We all still love Star Wars, and we continue to do so. Once Episode 3 is released, it will mark the end of the Star Wars experience for all. There are many more who believe that the universe of Star Trek holds the future of Fanforce from now, and beyond 2005.

The city name on the forum graphic is a minor error and will be fixed soon.

:cool:

2. Setine

Setine Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    Why does this feel like someone is going to say "april fools" soon?

If not, then oooook. When did this happen?

kristi

3. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    This just PM'ed to me...
    ------------------------

To all Fanforce GSA, RSA, CR and moderators:

My name is Jack Thorne, and I am the Transition Co-ordinator here at TF.N.

You may have heard recent rumors of a sell off of some of the controlling shares here at TF.N, and I am happy to report that that sale has now gone through.

As a result, the management here at TF.N has undergone a bit of a shakeup, and as a result, we have altered our strategy for the local FanForces around the world.

TFN has decided to merge Star Trek into the FanForce forums, to relate to a more balanced "Sci-Fi" audience. The decision came after FanForce activity began to decline towards the end of last year and throughout the beginning of this year.

As a whole, not a whole lot will change on the FanForce level, except the fact that we will no longer be "exclusively" Star Wars. Will will be adopting the name of 'TrekForce' as well. We would also like for all FanForce Forums to put up a generic Forum Banner (links to many have been provided) until a set one can be developed. The individual FanForce Chapters are also welcome to create their own banners, although they will have to be approved by your regular management contact.

I hope that this doesn't come as too big a shock, and I also hope that you can help to make this transition as easy as possible; both on the new management here at TF.N and on your members. If you have any questions, please feel free to email your local moderator.

Yours truly,

Jack Thorne
    Transition CO-ordinator

4. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    THX_Jedi - This change may come as a shock to most of you.

Um, that's a bit of an understatement :eek: :eek: - I'm thinking more along the lines of Holy Sith Batman!

I'll admit that I wasn't ready for this kind of a change, but it does sound like something that everyone has really thought about and, once the dust settles, has the potential to become something really great.

Rogue

EDIT: Reposted

5. Jango_Bango

Jango_Bango Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    Amo las guerras de la estrella. Mi nombre es Jango Bango. Mi carácter favorito es Darth
    Vader.

¡OMG, yo puedo sólo habla en el español!! :eek:

Kevito

6. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
  7. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Crikey! In addition to the Stah Trik takeova, seems the Aussie moderators've done a real number on the admin staff :eek:

8. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    i think i'm gonna agree with setine...i mean, come now i was gullible enough to nearly believe an april fools joke that a local radio personality was flying around the metroplex in a goodyear blimp this morning....i'm not believing half of anything for the rest of the day truthfully.

9. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Oh boy, I need to wake up and smell the date (4/1) - If this is an April fools joke then yes, I've been had :_|.

Rogue = Sucker ;)

10. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    HA HA!!!! ;)

Also, any a' you Yanks ever see that episode of "Crocodile Hunter" where he chased down the monkeys that flew out of Spock's butt?! :p

11. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    [Nelson] HA ha [/Nelson] :D

Suckedin says what?

12. LebaDraddog

LebaDraddog Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    So, who's idea was it? Strictly Jeff's, or Brian and Jeff, or what? Jeff, regardless of who's idea: masterful job on the first post. If I wasn't such a distrusting person, you could've pulled me in, as well.

Kudos to you!

13. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    It's actually something that's done annually. All the CR's and RSA's where in on this one. Most of the other boards are changed also.

14. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Blimey, they've even updated the Terms of Service to spell out who's really in charge here, mates!

They come from a land down under...better run, ya better take cover! ;)

15. LebaDraddog

LebaDraddog Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    *bump*

OK, are we done with the Trek graphics? ?[face_plain]

16. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Working on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.