Our HUGH Weekend

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by TheSimi, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSimi Jedi Knight

star 1
    A great big Thank You to everybody who turned out for Metropolis Comicon this weekend. A great time was had and we got so much positive feedback and made some terrific new friends and contacts. It was just amazing! Tim did a wonderful job organizing the event and I think the guests had just as much fun as the con goers. I know we hadn't planned on going to the dinner Saturday night, but ended up there anyway due to the bridge being closed and I'm really glad we went. Wouldn't have wanted to miss the karaoke fun for the world. Also got some footage shot for the next Fanboy installment that looks really great in the rough cut Tilford worked sooooo hard on getting put together in time. So hats off to you Chris. We may not always tell you how much we appreciate all the work you do but it never goes unnoticed. Again I just want to compliment and congratulate everyone in the group on all their efforts to make our fan force the best it can be. I'm proud to be a member of our little band.
  2. ED-VADER Jedi Knight

star 1
    Fett?... Yeah, he's GOLD!!!!

3. ice1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I had fun on saturday, I was a little afraid I might have been getting on Mr.Mayhew's nerves, but he seemed like a really nice guy. Definatley looking forward to next year's one, if there is one, as well as the con in June while the Superman Celebration is going on if Tim is holding it.
  4. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    is there any other cons near our area later this year, & does anyone know if OMGcon is still gonna be up and running this may? i'd love to make it to one. i wish i had known about the con this weekend, i would have made time for it.
  5. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I had a blast this weekend. Saturday was probably the most fun I'd had in a long time. And that night was the hardest I'd laughed in years. It was also great to see the great reactions we got from the crowd and the contacts we made. We totally rocked that con and proved once again why the Empire rules and the Jedi just can't measure up
  6. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey dude, I kinda resemble that remark. But I digress.

I really don't have anything original to add here, and I'm watching Holiday Special for the first time, so my brain is a little fried right now. But this weekend was really fun.
    I didn't get a chance to tell everyone all at once like I wanted to, but I just wanted to say that I love all you guys. This group is great, and I wish I would've found out about you all sooner. I hope I get to know all of you better in the future... especially you TKChris. Just kidding. :)

EDIT: Again, sorry for sticking my foot in my mouth before Blade Runner BJ.
  7. TKchris Jedi Padawan

ok i see a spyder i'm going to stomp on, but seriously guys, great job this weekend and i want to shout out a special thank you to the ISO's, i mean Amanda for servicing all the troopers.
  8. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm going to stomp on YOU TKchris for that, eh hem, interruption Sunday night. You know what I mean. Naw, just joking! Glad you stopped by...but, seriously, what were you thinking? lol

There's only 4 words to describe this weekend.

Un Freakin Believeably Awesome! (UFBA for the acronymoneous of us)

Thank you to every one who helped me out and for everyone for just making the celebs feel at home and making everything work and looking like pros!

I'm glad I know all you guys and it's days like these this weekend that fill in those gaps of joy that have been a part of my life that many of you have been there for. I forget to tell some of you how much all you guys mean to me and sometimes I forget to act like I mean it. I've already been able to live out so many dreams while in this group. This is a great fanforce with invaluable friends. Thanks for making it a fun ride so far and here's to many more great rides to come!

Oh, yeah, and... WE ROCK!
  9. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Don't worry, guys, I'll be looking into who hijacked my account last night and said some of those crazy things.

But I will second the WE ROCK! if I can. :)
  10. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Silver Spyder, sorry for any mix-up, but the "Jedi" comment wasn't related to any Jedi in our group. And again. . . . . WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    TKChris- I know first hand you were handled quite well. *cough*--cinnamon twists--*cough,cough* jk
  12. Nardo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok. whoops. that was me. Now that I have made it look like TKChris and TKYTrooper have a special relationship. LMAO! OK- Simi- Who the crap is Hugh? LMAO!!! just kidding, jen!
  13. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Really, I'm sure all the TKs have special relationships. It gets lonely out there on the battefront.
  14. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was indeed fun and good to see everyone.

Your web page grafix I do not think adequately represent this group - so I played a bit today and fixed what is clearly lacking in proper visual representation of the PIMPS.

So I present this:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/INVAR/New-PIMPS-Forum.jpg]

If the group likes, I can prep the image and get it up to the RSA to replace the LEGO theme.

15. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Lordinvar, thats f'n awesome!! Let me be the first to say please, please, get that to the RSA, we neeeeeeed it! pv
  16. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay - Sithmonger asked for a slight revision to burn in Jen and Rena a bit more and to add a more realistic muzzle to his rifle, which I did.

I'm sending links to the files to the RSA and hopefully Earwen will know how to get these slices encoded without losing or jumbling up the header too badly.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/INVAR/New-PIMPS-Forum-1.jpg]
  17. ED-VADER Jedi Knight

star 1
    WOW!!!!

Yes, this is Awesome!!!

I second it - please submit!!!

18. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey PV where can i get one of those swanky tshirts with the AT-AT on it?
  19. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I'll save you one, but we only have XL's left, so your gonna have to pack on some LB's, lol. pv
  20. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    not gonna happen, i'm barely 140. my metabolism won't allow it anymore. plus i've NEVER been able to wear anything bigger than a medium. i'll special order one if i have to XD
  21. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    lol, your so tiny, like an ewok, but you can probably kill me with your pinky now so I'll shut up. lol. pv
  22. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah, prolly. there is that fact that SOCOM is my boss! lmao.
  23. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey, was wondering, who's the trooper in the left hand corner of the new background? i got bored and drew him, and was wondering if i had his/her permission to post it on here and on my artwork website(soon to be)?
  24. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Heck yeah you have permission, thats TK Chris. pv
  25. lil_trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    alright! i've got an interview here in an our, so as soon as i'm back i'll hook up the old scanner and get it on here!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.