main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Our Line-Party will have some Competition!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Here is the lowdown everyone!

As many of you know,107.5 the River got the promotions contract with Lucasfilm that for all intensive purposes prohibits them from supporting any fan line up. However, what you may have NOT known is that they are in fact gettting the sneak preview of Episode II as I feared. They are actually getting this the day of our line-party on May 15th (probably only 5 hours earlier though- 7:00ish ) to make matters even worse. I believe that there will be only ONE showing and that the only way to get tickets is by calling in at certain times to the radio station and winning some kind of contest. These will probably not be available at the box office. Here is the LINK

Now that we know where & when , we NEED at least a couple of people to put flyers out on cars this Friday at the Hollywood 27 for Spider-man. I would if I weren't going to the STAR WARS Celebration this weekend. This is crucial, because even though they may only have a few hundred people that get to see the sneak preview, the rest of them need to know that we are having our line-party in Cool Springs. They most likely will come down if they don't get to see it. I would bet that they are only going to get to see the movie maybe 5 hours before us, Like at 7:00. We will be seeing it a midnight. Woopee DO! They aren't going to have the line-party, the games, or the prizes that we are. I don't blame the River for this. They are only doing what they were told and contracted to do. However, this is war, in a manner of speaking. They will be direct competition for our line-party.

NAD members, we need your help! :)

2. TuskenJedi

TuskenJedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2002
    Victory you say? Begun this Line War has!

Just to let your know. The program has gone to the printer and they were mightily impressed!

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Great! Just let me know when I need to pay him. I want to make sure you or Michael approves them first before we pay though. ;)

To help counter this Episode II premiere competition, we need to be able to offer some free tickets of our own. Unfortunately, the Rock @ 105.9 has no funds to help us out with this. However, if everybody would be willing to pitch in a few extra dollars when they pay for tickets (just round your ticket price to $10 which =$2.50 extra), we can get some extras for giveaways. The Rock will then advertise that we have STAR WARS premiere tickets to giveaway at the line-party. They don't have to say how many. They can just say, "Come on down to arguably the best theater in the entire Nashville & Middle Tennessee area for your chance to be one of the first to see STAR WARS Attack of the Clones and be a part of the big fan party too!"

Don't feel pressured to do this. It's entirely up to you, but combine tickets as prizes with everything else that we are having there and the Hollywood 27 sneak peak will be an after thought to most. Why go to a run down theater in a bad neighborhood to see a STAR WARS movie, when you can see it 5 hours later and in the meantime, party with fellow STAR WARS fans AND actually help raise funds for a local Charity to boot.

107.5 the River cannot offer anything BUT movie passes. No prizes, no STAR WARS promos, no T-shirts, no Episode II posters, AND definitely no Premiere programs, and of course no core fan atmosphere, just their presence and tickets. They can't even tie this in with a charity. They aren't allowed. It's going to be a bunch of Mom's with their kids. That's fine. I hope they have a good time. Our party is for the die-hard fans and the people who want to see STAR WARS in the best theater they can opening night and party with fellow STAR WARS fans.

BTW, I just spoke with the promotions director of the Rock @ 105.9 this afternoon and will be meeting with him next week to come up with a unified game plan for our Line-party. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.