main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Our meeting on Saturday!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cartooncheryl, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Hey! Cartooncheryl here, with the fun and exciting time had by all on Saturday!

(sorry if I'm beating anyone to the punch, but I thought I'd just like to chime in, so here I chime!!) : D

We - Tracy, James and I - met up at Schlotzsky's Deli in Matthews and had a nice lunch. Discussions were of the normal sort: Star Wars, how hot Hayden is, how much hotter Mark Hamill is (hee hee!!), and much ribbing was to be had over the ever-increasing amount of groupies our young Carosel has attracted. Luckily, all in attendance made it out alive after the aforementioned ribbing!

From there, our intrepid group decided to take a field trip to the local Target, in search of the elusive red and white Twilek Jedi action figure. None were to be had, and as a warning: Target is desperately low on figures and all things Star Wars! A debate sprang up on whether we should relocate the Separatists to The Rebel Base Comic Shop, but Target won out in the end, seeing as how we still had a film to see, and it started in only an hour or so.

From there, we dropped off our lovely and talented Carosel at his house (Ha! Take that, groupies!!) : D and reconvened at the Dean and DeLuca by the Regal Cinema. Over smashingly fab brownies and peanut butter bars, more Star Wars was discussed, as well as anticipation of seeing the _Clones_ one more time!

Next, we moved our group inside the Regal and watched our beloved film. Obligatory snarks and hubba hubbas were given during appropriate scenes, and more discussion ensued once the end credits rolled and the theatre cleared out - to the dismay of the would-be cleaning crew. Hey buddy, I paid my $7.75, I will see the entire film!

And finally, our outing ended over a rainshower which pointed out just how far we had actually parked from the front entrance of the cinema. Back up to the Schlotzsky's, Qui-Gon Bill (my faboo car) dropped off our City Rep and it was back home, just in time for the Yu-Yu Hakusho marathon on Cartoon Network!

All in all, it was a splendid day, and all of you who missed out should have a check-up from the neck up! No, I tease! Really though, I can't wait for the next meeting, and hope all are well and still into the wonderful gift Lucas has bestowed upon us as much as me!

Take care!
    Cartooncheryl, over and out!

2. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I'm sorry, guys...

I forgot about the FF meeting until about 2:00 Sat afternoon, and by that time my parents had other plans. :mad:

But, maybe after I start my job, and get my lisense, the chance of me making it will be greater.

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Great report, Cheryl! (especially since your slack-ass city rep didn't bother writing one... [face_blush] )

BTW, got your galaxy's hottest Jedi right here, darlin'...

[image=http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/tiff090901-hayden01.jpg]

:D

Gregory--that would be cool--our next meeting will be in two months or so, unless we meet again between now and then to see AOTC (my eighth time) before it leaves theaters (something I'm up for at any time, so just post a time).

4. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Meeting = teh fun :cool:

5. JediDad

JediDad Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 1998
    Sorry I couldn't make it this time. It sounds like it was a great time. I had family (and in-laws) in from VA and wanted to spend some time with my own Padawans.

I should definitely be able to make the Aug. meeting, but I do have a request. Can we make it not the weekend of Aug. 17th? I'll be in CA for work that week and not sure I'll be back by Sat.

On a good note, I'm back online! :D It took forever for my PC to get set up at work, and I still only have internet access at work, but it's better than nothing!

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Dude, we got our online back at the same time! Sweetness! :cool:

I am soo soo happy to be back.... :D
    Anywho....

Edit:
    Ummm.. thanks Greg, for pointing out my stupidity ;)

7. JediDad

JediDad Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 1998
    Glad you're back on man! Being on only at work sucks, because I can't do too much. They've got this laptop locked down so tight that I can't get online unless I'm at work, sitting at my desk, on the network. :(

Oh well, at least I'm online. Did you get your PC fixed or have to get a new one?

8. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Got a new one.. infact, http://www.cyberpower.com is where I got it. Dirt cheap. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.