main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Our Mission Was the Journey Itself: Stargate Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by ObiWanCon, Mar 24, 2007.

1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah we should arrange a TF.N wide live watch for these 10. lol

Atleast have a tv on in your house for the app. time or your BANNED... lmao

2. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    wow...you really believe that, don't you?

I'll watch the Firefly reruns on Science Channel.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, partially- the reasons behind the show's cancellation obviously aren't the ratings (they're a little lower than last year, but the show is also now competing against some of the biggest shows on TV now, and Syfy knows that) or the lack of a fanbase (sure, the bitter SGA fans wrote the show off, but it did attract newer viewers that never watched SG before that essentially replaced them).

Having the ratings up for Season 2.5 won't change anything, or bruise any egos at Syfy, but it will at least validate the point in ways that sagging ratings for be counterproductive to.

At least that way, the epitaph on SGU's tombstone can't be spun as "the show failed" but rather "It's network abandoned it's format for wrestling and reality shows".

4. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So Universe begins the final 10 tonight...

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "They'd just get in the way." [face_laugh]

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Beyond that hilarious quote, last night's episode was pretty solid once again. Loved the way they dealt with bringing the drone aboard. The manner in which the Blue Aliens were brought into the picture was a neat way of wrapping up a couple storylines and threats too- SGU/SGA would be proud ;).

Mallozzi commenst on SGU movie posisbilities

?Hopefully, by the time [the season finale, 'Gauntlet'] airs, we?ll have definite word on a potential movie or two,? he said.

?If it?s a go and fans can look forward to a proper end to Destiny?s mission, then ?Gauntlet? will certainly set the stage for a grand conclusion. If, on the other hand, things don?t pan out and ?Gauntlet? does turn out to be the bittersweet finale, fans will be thrilled, touched, heartbroken ? and left to wonder what could have been.?

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Really, really good episode last night. Nice moment between Scott and Chloe in the shuttle. To hell with you Syfy....

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    That was a damn good space battle....

9. MadDevil

MadDevil Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2004
    Yeah but they still have Ghosthunters and SmackDown...:oops: [face_not_talking]

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Thankfully, Space still has wall-to-wall sci-fi and not reality TV crap.

11. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    So Twin Destinies was another decent episode.

I thought the shots used to show both Rush and Rush on screen were very good. Not convinced however that Telford from the first timeline should be on Earth... but I guess we'll see how it pans out in the next week or two.

Was also good to have a small cameo of Dr. Lee's character and reference to McKay ahead of his appearance in 3 episodes time.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I thought it was a great episode- the whole salvage mission was awesome teamwork, the Telford thing was unexpected and shocking and the interaction between the two Rush's was awesome. I also loved that "they'll ask you to join SGC" conversation too.

IIRC, Destiny went back in time before Telford went through (this is why Rush could take the shuttle and already be in the past), after which the wormhole became unstable and prevented the others from getting through (or maybe they ended up in the future, who knows?), leaving only Telford (on Earth) and Rush (on Destiny) from the original timeline.

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Good episode tonight. Did anyone notice the look of disgust on Lt. James' face when Rodney's name came up.

"Ugh....McKay" [face_sick]

[face_laugh]

14. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    TJ: Doctor Jackson, Col Carter, and what was that guy who kept staring at your...
    James: Ugh... McKay.

McKay better hope Dr. Keller wasn't with him. :p

I'm so looking forward to him coming to Destiny. McKay vs. Rush will be almost as epic as McKay vs. Every Female on Destiny.

Now that this show has finally found it's rhythm I'm so upset it's been canceled.

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. Rush, Eli and Rodney in the same room could be awesome. :D

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    So no comments on last night's SGU episode?

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    It was a rather good show to me. Nice character builds for Wray and Greer and makes me that much more pissed that this could be it if we get no movie....

I was a bit confused with the whole "Home World Command" what the hell happened to the SGC?

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They've been working in Homeworld Security for the past few years, though SGU has focused almost entirely on it. It, presumably, oversees the SGC, Antarctic outpost, our fleet and any offworld bases (particularly those unreachable by gate, I would assume- such as Icarus).

I thought the episode was excellent (but then, anything with Greer is generally awesome)- loved how the rubble just kept pouring down. The efforts/strategy with the 12 seconds of information was also pretty cool. It was also neat to have French Stewart return to the franchise after 17 years, even if as a different character (and, thankfully, one nowhere near as annoying as Richard Kind's SGA incarnation).

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I assume that Homeworld Command oversees the whole program, but that missions in the Milky Way are still run out of Cheyenne Mountain. That seems to be most likely explanation to my mind.

20. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Aye, it was a throwaway line that Carter made back in Season...umm...8, maybe, of SG1. Hummel was promoted to Secretary of the newly created Department of Homeworld Security (it was a play on the then-recently-created US department of homeland security) They are the umbrella organization that runs the SGC, the Antarctic outpost, Area 51, the fleet, and any other alien affairs. Given the size of their mandate, they presumably have some real estate in Washington DC that they operate out of.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I know I was like, "Yeah go Perede(sp)" when I first saw him!

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "We have to abandon base camp!"

23. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    So some interesting moments from the most recent episode.

Some great character moments for TJ.
    I thought the 'backyard' scene was a nice touch.
    It will be interesting to see how much development the 3 personalities uploaded into the Destiny will get in these last 6 episodes...
    The Ipod scene did make me laugh out loud but I don't think it was necessary.
    I'm getting a little frustrated by how they are using Varro's character. I feel like he should have been in the background of this episode at least trying to comfort TJ.

Looking ahead to the next episode; Seizure looks like it is going to be a highlight if this clip is anything to go by. I've missed Rodney...

24. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Man that was another great episode with much more character growth. These SyFy exes are really retarded, they have something speical going here. I like SGU much more right now then I did SGA when it had this same amount of screentime under its belt.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, for a character-only episode, it was really good. Some nice twists on the concepts being used. Also some great character humor (the snickering at the side effects, for example).