main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Our Mom Is Now One With The Force

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Josie and I would like everyone to know that our Mom made her transition at about 8:45 p.m. last night (Tuesday) (I think it's Wed a.m. now) Jos was with her at the time. It was extremely peaceful and gentle.

We want to thank everyone that not only gave us physical and vitual shoulders during this time, but also prayers, candles, chanting, ceremony and many, many ways to help give both spirital and emotional support, and to do everything to help within The Force to make Mom's transition so incredibly easy for her. Both of us feel that all of your collective Chi did indeed make that possible. Again, there are no words to express our thanks.

It is during these times that one realizes how much our Family in the Force truly means to us. You were all there through the tears, rages, terror and finally acceptance of what was happening. The kindness of letting us express our feelings, and give updates on the Boards..and allowing us, though lots of PM's to just "let go" and ramble. Again, you all don't know how much that helped us.

Another thing that helped, was the understanding and support from everyone why we had to cancel out on so many events at the last moment, when Mom's health would take drastic downward turns. So many times we had to cancel at truly the last moment, however, places were always held for us, "just in case." Again, we are thankful for the support and being told repeatedly that we will always have a place at the events.

Many Hugs and Much Love to All of You!!!

Again, mere words don't seem to be enough.

So...

May The Force Be With You

Kim and Josie

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    *hugs for Kim and Josie*
    I am both sorry to hear that she has passed, and relieved that she went peacefully.
    I don't have any profound words of wisdom. Just know that I am only a PM away. Feel free to rant or ramble any time.

The only thing I can think of to say is:

"Saying goodbye, why is it sad?
    Makes us remember the good times we've had.
    Touching a hand, wondering why
    It's time for saying goodbye"
    -"Saying Goodbye", Muppets Take Manhattan

3. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Kim and Josie,

All of my heartfelt huggles and love are with the both of you during this time of grief.

Having never suffered the loss of a parent I honestly can't say I know what you are going through, but I read this in a story a few weeks back and I thought that it was profound and very lovely. So I share it with you now.

Life is a road. As we travel down it, sometimes we pass by things we love. Friends, family? Sometimes, we just need to back up to find them. You can do that on a road. But sometimes, they vanish from our road. When that happens, we just have to keep going, and keep on our path, because the road only goes to one place, and that?s home. When we get there, at the end of our life?s journey, and reach our destination, everyone we lost is there, waiting for us. So we have to just remind ourselves that they?re not gone forever. They just? went home early.

All of our love,

Master Shan and her Knight, Marcus

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    HUGS to both of you.

And she's in a better place, that's for certain. Now she gets to have all the fun while we're stuck down here for a few more decades. :)

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Much much love to you both. I am so sorry for your loss, but glad for you all that her last time with you was peaceful and that her departure was a gentle one. As has been said before, by others, I'm only a PM or a phone call away. I won't call and intrude right now, but I'm always here for you. I don't know what else to say, so just... *HUG* And *LOVE*

- Kai

6. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Kim and Josie,

I just read on another board about your Mom and I wanted you to know how very sorry I am for this loss from the physical world. You were both there for me when my mother left, so many years ago, and at the passing of your Dad a few years later but on the same day we shared our tears. I left your home that afternoon and went and got my last tattoo as a sort of tribute to both my Mom and your Dad (and Fiona) --a cat chasing a mouse with that look of "never-give-up" upon his face--

The one thing that has helped me through this type of loss I hope can help you....A life not remebered after death, never really lived. A life that is remebered after death, never really died.

Be strong enough to cry.

Bette

PS Kim, she wants to know if you got that corner cleared? You will never be able to do what you talked about until you do.

7. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    K&J,

Wish I could find the right words, but words always seem shallow comfort for these moments.

We spoke on the phone last night, there is naught to add but that we as always are here for you, and to let you know that even in the darkness there will be those that will light the way to a better place. Rely on us as you need or want, we're here for you, day and night.

At least the worst is over now, she is free and at peace.

I know that you were there for her and eased her suffering and did all that you could, I hope when my time comes that I have people like you around to give me comfort in my final moments.

Take care and be well,

M.

8. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Kim and Josie, I'm so very sorry about your loss. *hugs*

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Jos and I want to thank everyone! :) You have all made such a rough time so much easier.

When things calm down a bit more, then we want to get together and just.... "play".. no stress, no worrying, just brain candy. So, once we get back into a normal routine, lets think of something.

We love you guys!

Kim and Josie

10. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Take however much time you need. We'll be waiting for you with open arms on your return. :)

Thinking of you...

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Think you'll make it to Wonder Con? I know I'll be there all three days.

*hugs*

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    WonderCon...well we had thought that it was going to be a definite "NoGo", but now...

Tell you what, Hawkie. We'll check into things and we just might make it up there! :)

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Yay!
    I just purchased my tickets and I think I've got a hotel room thanks to one of the Rogues. Now to negotiate a certain Friday off...*prepares the Jedi mind trick*

14. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Sorry to hear about your mom.

I was taking care of my mom until 1994. When I went to take care of her they were going to put her in an institution, and gave her 6 months at the most. By taking care of her instead, she was with us nearly four years.

Condolences.

15. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Kim and Josie,

Sorry I haven't been over here in so long, so I'm sorry this is late in coming.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. She's in a better place now and she's at peace. Hugs to you and your whole family and lots of love. [:D] [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.