main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson our move .. as much as I hate it, it's happening anyway!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Jul 12, 2006.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    If anyone is up for helping us pack or move we are packing boxes every day this week, starting this afternoon (this is wednesday July 12th) then on Monday July, 17th we are moving things all day... and probably most of tuesday as well. Any help is appreciated.

We will of course feed and hydrate you for helping, and certainly we can go swimming as well.

We have hired a moving company to move all the big stuff and the like.. so where we need the help is in packing boxes of little things and loading and unloading the little stuff.

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    When I get back Saturday I'll see if I can head over and lend a hand.

3. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Funny...that's 4 FF moves this year...Frankie, Jada, Dustin and us...5 if you include Rebelmom who is moving to Tucson...Wow:eek: ...that's a lot of moving:D

4. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I know we have some plans on sat I should be able to offer some help sunday.

5. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I know I have some plans on sun I should be able to offer some help saturday.

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am thrilled with anyone coming on any day they have available.. can always find something to pack up, even if it is just the junk in the garage LOL

trying to do as much as I can on my own...I have packed over ten boxes so far.. though I guess when you figure we will wind up with over one hundred boxes by the time we are finished.. I have not done much.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'll help . . . oh wait. :p

I can say this with the utmost of confidence -- moving sucks [face_frustrated]

;)

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    6 now

9. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2005
    :confused: ...who is #6

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    /\ very appropriate sock :p ;)

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    So I move to Tucson and everybody else moves away? I'm not that scary am I?

We've arrived and squished into a 2 bedroom apartment. After living in a house for 12 years, it's quite an adjustment. I can't wait until we can start building our house. Need to get jobs first.

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I remember being squished into a two bedroom apartment for two years. was not pleasant at all.

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm the only one who moved away. And that is because I got married.

I miss Tucson [face_shhh] Not really. I miss my friends :_|

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    That's going to be the hard part. All my friends and family are in Washington. Good thing my cell still has a Seattle number - and no roaming.

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    RebelMom, just get to know the folks in this group. You'll have a brand new set of friends. [face_love]

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    That would be myself, looks like I will be moving to L.A./Beverly Hills, for a new job.

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    :eek: Bombshell party of 1 :eek:

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, I found this out yesterday after I went for an interview... the offered me a job and made an offer for amount of pay. Hence selling my stuff, being "off" and quite distracted. I was not expecting this at all and the whole process (getting a call to inteview) took under 5 days total to the job offer. I'm nuts not to take the job (or at least try).

19. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Congrats on getting a better job.
    Condolences on having to leave us.

20. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Yeah Damian...you are gonna do well there...and be much more appreciated than where you are now..but we will miss you...all 4 feet of you. :(

21. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    I have to say from our hopes and prayers that your job treats you very well and in fact treats you so well that you can afford to come and visit and stay with us OFTEN!!! Our home will always be open to you for as long as you want to visit!!

oh ja.. this is cat.. not Jake!! :)

though I am sure Jake conveys the exact same words and thoughts as I do!! We want you to be happy, but hope to see lots of you just the same.

22. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Damian, just be sure whatever housing accomidations you end up with in L.A. are large enough to house us all when C4 rolls around in May '07.:D

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yea, thought of that. But <$1600 a month for a studio apartment I'm not sure how much room I'll have.

24. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    And do not forget that I snore...I-) :eek: [face_shame_on_you]

25. MasterJediDragonSir

Nov 30, 2005
    hey ya'll..it's Jake and Cat here.... in the middle of the move.. carrying, packing... lifting.. LOL.. not really..but the movers are doing a lot.. Jake and Braiden are doing a lot.. Kirby is helping.. and Cat is doing some as well.. albeit Cat is not able to do as much as she would like.. in any case we have a request.. can someone possibly drop by this evening and help Jake lift the TV into its new home.. the movers are moving it.. but they will not be around after Jake installs the new entertainment center for it.. so he needs a helping hand to get the tv up off the floor and and into the entertainment unit.

Jake will move all the electronics tomorrow himself, well.. the movers are moving all the TV's.. but nothing else.. and Jake will move any leftovers from the movers.

other than that we will be cleaning, rearranging and such as that for the rest of the week.. so we might not be online at all.. but we will be at the event on Sunday with no problem to help wrangle and set up and whatever else ya'll can find for us to do, though Jake will not be there, though he really wanted to be.

won't be online until friday, but you can reach us by cell phone.. we will not go anywhere without it.

See everyone at the new place, feel free to drop by any time as usual.