main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson our move .. as much as I hate it, it's happening anyway!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Jul 12, 2006.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003

I will try but I have a TON of stuff to do after work.

2. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I wil try and send Chris by. Yeah, just talked to him. He can stop by and help. he will be calling shortly.

3. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Well, it's official. I am now the seventh member of the TFF to move. I go apartment hunting on Saturday, and the move will be ASAP. My mom got a transfer to Dallas for her job, and our house is on the market. I will still be in Tucson, just in a different location. This was definately sudden, and unexpected, but welcome.

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    WOW!! Tim that is a major happening!! I wish you well on the new digs for sure!! Feel free to drop by anytime for meals if you miss your mom's homecooking, I don't mind cooking up an occasional meal for ya if your interested. You can even pick the menu!

as for our move.. just tidbits left.. should be complete except for the unpacking as of this coming Wednesday. Thanks to everyone that helped us out, it was greatly appreciated.. soon as we are all unpacked I will cook for anyone that wants to drop by and have a meal. :)

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    On my way for that homecooked meal! [face_dancing] :p

And you owe me a phone call. [face_alien_1]

6. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    My goodness, everyone is moving!

Congrats on the new job Hal! It sounds like it will be a nice step up for your career! I'm sure we will all miss you. When do you actually move away?
    And Tim, hope you find a nice new place around town!

7. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    31st to the 5th I will be in Beverly Hills/L.A. as a general contractor, testing the waters. If I like it and want to stay (or take the position in New York) I will give my 2 weeks notice at my current place of business. So prob. moving mid Aug.

But I'm not sure, I'm makeing this up as I go, it won't be "real" for me untill I work a week and make a 100% commitment.

It's a HUGE change and an unexpected one at that.

8. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Well, just got the call from our realtor, our house sold today, and we need to be out by August 31. Guess I will be moving before then.

9. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Just give us a time and place Tim and we'll be there to help. Now that we are 70% moved in, I can actually find the time!

Hal, at least you can take your memories of us and you 501st membership to a new garrison.

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Man, I wish my mom's house would sell so I can get my $$ out of it. [face_plain]

11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    our house just went on the market.. well.. not that in the end we get much out of it..all in all about $7000 is what we made off of it.. with the movers and the three months of rent it added up to just about that much. Now let's see how long it takes for it to sell.. or how short it takes... he listed it for $290,000... all I know is I wore my tail end out scrubbing that house for days.. I finally finished up yesterday around 1pm.. just in time for the open house to start that afternoon. sigh.. was in such a hurry I left the ice cream in the freezer.. in any case that is one clean house.. every nook and cranny was cleaned.. in fact I was told it looked like it had been lived in less than six months.. no where near two years!! I even had Jake get me paintbrushes and I did touch up painting on it as well, then scrubbed and sanitized the fridge till it looked brand new, as if it had never even been used!! problem now is I am still too exhausted to start work on the house we just moved in too.. I don't think I will have the energy to start that one till I get back from Arkansas. Thank you Chris, Frankie, Damien, and anyone else I have failed to mention that helped out on getting us out of the other house. Much appreciated!! Thanks to everyone for making our time in that house so much fun.. now once I get the new house squared away we will have a big party for everyone.

12. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing the new house!