Hawaii Our New Home - Hawaiian Hale

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mac-nut, Apr 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JeepChick, are you home yet? I heard whispers you were coming home early. Sure do miss you.

Am watching the Memorial Day specials regarding Pearl Harbor. There are alot of them.
  2. cossybear Jedi Padawan

Welcome to the forum Tony. We'd love to have you join our gatherings. [face_mischief]

Some adventure JeepChick is on. I'm sure we'll hear from her soon . . . and her mechanic too! ;)

Mac-nut, what's up? When's the next get together? [face_laugh]
  3. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    waiting for JeepChick to return. also, thought the other bears, bares, bajers, or bahers were also going to stop by, too. JeepChick's other buddy hasn't stopped by, either.

Found out Sabe is from Maui; invited her/him to join us, too.
  4. JeepChicksMechanic Jedi Padawan

Mac,

Sounds like JC will be home on the 1st.
    I will probably be there around the first July.

Yes, I understand there are lots blackmail pics from the elephant ride.

So what did you do for the last meeting? What did I miss?

Take care!
    - JCM
  5. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yup, heard yesterday it will be the 1st, which is tomorrow, so she'll be back on the job come Monday.

We have to plan a meeting in the future, cause I hafta let Joanzia know about it in advance, so she can publicize it.

Let me talk to cossybear and figure out when the best time is. Plus we should make it closer to town so Tony can come, too.
  6. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JeepChick, it was nice to lunch with you today. Welcome home; how many elephants did you bring back with ya? We hafta get with cossybear and set up a meeting time. I'll send a PM to Tony.
  7. JeepChick Jedi Padawan

I'm back from my extended tour of (clearing throat)...duty. Don't laugh. I actually worked and I wanted to bring back some elephants but had trouble going through customs in the home front. I'll try again next time. I did ride some in the northern region and I have pictures to prove it. Although, you'll have trouble identifying who is who. hehehe. It's good to be back home and I can't wait for our next meeting. Let's try to get together by next weekend.

Oh, as for my JeepChicksMechanic and MacNut..Well, you two are not that funny with all your jokes. (just kidding). It's good to know I wasn't forgotten when I was gone even if the jokes were at my own expense. Thanks guys. Love you 2!!!!
  8. JeepChick Jedi Padawan

I have a suggestion for you all who know me. During my latest travels, I purchased Phantom Menace on VCD and I have the 4,5, & 6 Episodes on VHS. Anyone who is interested, I'm planning a small gathering when my Mechanic comes home. I plan to show Phantom Menace and other episodes if time allows. Let me know what you all think of this. I can't wait for that day.
  9. JeepChick Jedi Padawan

Hi Tony,

Welcome abroad. It's to good to know that there is another fan out here in the Aloha State. Want you to know that all of us are dear friends and I'm sure Mac-Nut already has told you about us. We may seem out there sometimes, but we're all fun to hang out with. Talk to you later.

May the SWARTZ be with you!! :)
  10. JeepChicksMechanic Jedi Padawan

I didn't know anything about this Star Wars watching party .... but if there's chips ... than Count me in ... so how many people do we have interested in JC's bootlegged movie party?

And Honey, you're on the wrong fan page for Space Balls :D
  11. cossybear Jedi Padawan

We sure are glad JeepChick is back. Count me in on that Party. Maybe the first weekend in July? How about it Mac-Nut?

Tony, are you still out there?
  12. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sounds good, Cossybear. Where shall we have this one? Need to pick a place so I can notify Joanzia to make this an official meeting. Wanna potluck/picnic with the kids? Beach? Which one? Gotta let Tony know so he can get a family pass or bring his family, too.
  13. JeepChick Jedi Padawan

A potluck picnic..oh boy, that's sounds good. Count me in too and oh yeah, my mechanic too.

Tony, if you're out there...let us know.
    :)

14. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ok, we're looking at Sunday, 11:00 AM, Ala Moana Park, the grassy area under the trees next to Magic Island parking lot on the Diamond Head side of Ala Moana Park. It'll be near the curve of the beach area. picnic, potluck, beach, swimming, etc. The shopping center is across the street if you wanna shop before or after. I'll hafta go early to save a spot for us. By 11:00 AM, it's very crowded and parking will be difficult. I'll draw a map and post it in the next few days if anyone else out there wants to come. PM me for my cell number.

Tony, PM me if you want to come. I'll pick you up if you need a ride. Thinking of posting a flag or something so you can find us.
  15. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Checked out Magic Island at noon today; it was packed, no parking at all in the huge Magic Island parking lot, so I STRONGLY suggest you all arrive much earlier. No picnic sites under the trees, either. The alternative is to drop everyone off, and go park across the street at the shopping center and walk over.

We plan to be there early next Sunday morning for parking. We'll be in the grassy area nearest Life Guard station 1E, which is about 1/2 way from Ala Moana Parkway road and the end of Magic Island parking lot. There will be a lime green plastic foldup type picnic table with an umbrella sticking up, IF I can find the umbrella. Trying what to use for a pole/flag so you all don't miss us, if we haven't met before. We have only a small hibachi type grill, so if you're bringing alot to grill, I hope you can bring your own grill, too. If not, we'll just start grilling early.

We're bringing some chicken and beef BBQ sticks, pot of rice, plates, forks, spoons, chopsticks, napkins. Bring whatever else you want to eat, salads, munchies, finger food, veges, dips. Don't forget your coolers with your favorite drinks.

Trying to talk my car pool driver, Lee, (he's the chef) to come with his crew. They are all star wars fans, too; will have SW monoply game, too, I hope, JeepChick bringing the mechanic and a volleyball set. Because of the crowds, there is no space for frisbie unless you wanna walk up to the big open field on Magic Island. I'll try and draw a map here later this week.

I'm watching winter North Shore big surf waves on TV right now. Cool.
  16. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I added more comments in the Oahu, Hawaii thread in FF community forum.
  17. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We're also planning another event for the same week. Wednesday, July 4th, Independence Day.

BTW, Jeepchick (and mechanic) will probably be joining us on Independence Day at Ala Moana Park, too, but we'll be picnicing in our favorite spot for fireworks watching, just down the main road from Magic Island, where the concrete wall ends and the chain wall begins next to where the yachts are moored. Because of the crowd, like 50,000 people coming to watch the fireworks, we park one car overnight the night before, with the picnic stuff to save our spot. You'll see our famous lime green fold up picnic table. We just snooze, read, munch, all day, and hold down the area; everyone else goes and does their thing, returning whenever. I hear Christina is bringing her family, too. Cossybear hasn't said anything about coming to town on July 4th, so I'll hafta ask her. I'll be there before 9:00 AM on July 4th, because of the monumental traffic jam when everyone comes to picnic. Suggest you all come early, and if all the park parking is filled, park at the shopping center and walk over. This is the largest annual spectacular fireworks show of the year choreographed to music played on the airwaves by KSSK Radio; fireworks start at 8:30 PM. There's usually a stage show preceding the fireworks over on the ewa end of the shopping center by Sears, but all the trees at Ala Moana Park kinda block some of the fireworks viewing, so we quit going to the stage show about 5 years ago. Yes, we're there all day long, so please bring lotza sunscreen and enough food/beverages for all day. There is a food concession stand, but the lines are usually very long on holidays.

don't be confused. We have 2 events planned. One for Sunday, July 1st, near Life Guard station 1E on the grassy part next to the beach.

The other one is for Wednesday, July 4th, Independence Day, by the wall on the main road, all day picnic, at Ala Moana Park, too, for fireworks watching at 8:30 PM unless you and the kids are too tired to stay that long. If you wanna do the beach thing and swim, you can still do that, too, and come by later, or leave all your stuff with us, while you take the kids to the water.

See ya all there.

mac-nut

18. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    MAP FOR SUNDAY, JULY 1, PICNIC, ALA MOANA PARK NEXT TO MAGIC ISLAND PARKING LOT

RED XXXXX MARKS THE SPOT. COME EARLY!!! PARKING LOT FILLS UP BY O930

( ^^MOUNTAINS^^)

ALA MOANA SHOPPING CENTER
    ---------------------------------------------
    <----(AIRPORT) ALA MOANA BLVD (DIAMOND HEAD) ---->
    --------------------------------------------
    ALA MOANA PARK

BATHROOMS FOOD CONCESSION
    Ala Moana Parkway road
    GRASS........................................
    R............................................
    A............................................
    S............................................
    S......................................Magic.
    .............BATHROOMS................Island
    B............SHOWERS.................Parking
    .........................................Lot
    E......................G...T................
    A..LIFE...............R...R................

...GUARD......... XXXXXXX

C..POST 1E..........A...E................
    H........................S...E..............
    &......CHARCOAL....S...S................
    ........DISPOSAL............................
    O.......BIN.................................
    C...........................................
    E...........................................
    A...........................................
    N...........................................
    ..................................MAGIC.....
    ..................................ISLAND....
  19. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just got in from our picnic at the park today. It was just overcast enough so we didn't fry in the sun; most of stayed hid under the trees; the more adventurous ones went into the water. We had so much food, we could've fed everyone in communications, at least. :D

Let's see; who came. JeepChick, Mechanic, Cossybear, Corey, Jen, Christina, Jeff, Elizabeth, Betty, Lee, Chuck and me.

Next gathering will be Wednesday, July 4th, Independence Day, around the corner, just down from the Magic Island parking lot, at the end of the concrete wall. Best place for fireworks viewing. I'll be there at 0600 to save the spot for us. A crowd of about 40,000 is expected, so an early arrival is necessary. I'll post a map tomorrow; kinda tired tonight, and tomorrow is a workday for me.

We all enjoyed ourselves today; it was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Hope to grow a little more each time. :)
  20. tonyl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Greetings from Waipahu!

Congratulations! It was a suprise to see Oahu officially recognized as a chapter. Great work there, gang and to you especially, mac-nut, our new city rep!

Everything here has changed since the last time I came to these boards. Even the design! It really puts me into the Episode 2 fever, which is supposed to come out later this year, if I'm correct. Can't wait!

Well, I guess I have some explaining to do. I'm sorry I haven't responded to any of your invitations to your outings. You all seemed to have had a great time at them. That's the main thing! And I regret not being able to come. We got a new house in Waipahu and we didn't actually move in until three weeks later. Most of the time was spent on cleaning and fixing up the house. That's how bad its condition was. And this happened right after I was finished with work study. This summer was very busy for me, everything happening right after the other. So I didn't have time to log on to the Internet and read the messages posted on the Jedi Council forums. I hope you understand. I want to continue to be a part of this Hawaiian Hale!

I'm afraid to say that I will never (ever) be able to come to your outings. So please, don't wait for a response from me. I will, however, give my support in any way I can to help this newly established chapter of Oahu, Hawaii!

Alooooha!

Tony L.
  21. cossybear Jedi Padawan

Tony. We're having another outing this weekend at Pizza Hut Stadium if you can make it. :cool:
  22. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tony, Stadium Mall Pizza Hut, next to the ice skating rink, Saturday, 5 PM. You're always invited to stop by and visit with us. Always feel you are part of our family. Do you need a ride? PM me.
  23. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tony, we're all handy with a hammer and nails. Perhaps it's time you introduced us to your family and parents. We can help. Between all of us, we have hundreds of years of experience. We're all very good at scrounging house repair stuff.
  24. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aloha Hawaiinan FF

I just thought Id swing past and say hi. Im from Sydney Australia, but ive been to Hawaii 8 times. I love it over there, its awesome. Id love to go back again sometime.

Its funny how all the places u talk about, I can think "I know where that is"

Now Im Hawaii sick...Ah well....lata! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.