main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Our new home

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hi everyone - I'm home!

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF in da house!

2. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Glad to see ya here Mara. Come on over and join us everybody!

Salacious Crummy enters the room. "Wahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

3. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Hey everyone, I'm here too, though I'll still have to lurk cause school work is so time consuming. Later!

Vader2000

4. republic_not_empire

republic_not_empire Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Welcome to the JC everyone. I'll be hanging around here a little from now on. Just PM me if you have any questions. Oh Yeah and read the FAQ.

Here's a link to a thread that explains things well:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1414077&replies=6

5. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Pleased to meet you republic not empire! That's one good thing about the move - we'll hopefully get a lot of new posters to the board! :)

MTFBWY!

6. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    One more thing, republic not empire. Do you live in the Twin Cities, MN area? We have a couple of get-togethers coming up: a book club meeting, a gaming meeting and possibly a holiday social event.

If you're interested in attending, please let me know and I'll give you the information as soon as we finalize a day/time!

7. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    I'm here!

8. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Hi Sal! Hi V2k! Hi Fenix! Hi again r.n.e!

9. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    Mara, you reply fast!

10. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm here too!! Oh, wait...this doesn't look like South Bend? Where am I?

11. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Hello....I'm here. Where can I dump my robes and saber? I'm exhausted from the move!

Master Eki

12. republic_not_empire

Jul 31, 2000
    I don't want to say exactly where I live, and I'm one of those people who is wary of meeting people from the internet in person. Thanks for the invitation anyway.

EDIT:
    I just wanted to let you know that I added everyone who posted in this thread, thus far, to my watched user lis(formerly known as favorite user list, This is used for the ease of PMing as well as showing that you like a particular user. Your watched users are seen in your profile, and there is a link to see who is watching you.)

13. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Master Eki, you can hang the robe in the closet. Just hand the saber to my four year old.

Oops... I guess I didn't need dining room table anymore...

:)

14. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    Don't worry RNE, we already know. We try to keep track of all of our citizens. Now that you have posted here you opened your whole cell to annihilation. You will acknowledge us as rulers of this galaxy. But for the moment keep your delusions about overthrowing us. We are still here.
    But where are my manners. Welcome to the Midwest, RNE. May your time here be pleasant. Feel free to post in South Bend, since you hold no ties to any one place.
    Hello to Mara Jade Skywalker, the awesome moderator of the Twin cities board.
    Hello to Fenix, the easily confused.
    Hello to XMaveric, how the mighty have fallen. We are posting Intros here.
    Hello to Salacious Crummy, didn't speak much to you but I will try to be around you forum as much as I was in Chicago.

If you are from FF don't forget to tell us who you were before you died and were reborn in your new form. I decided to return to my previous form, in the service of the Empyre.
    Ha, Longest post on the new FF yet, Right after wresting the lead from Chicago. This has been a good day.

15. KursariGama

KursariGama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm here, but have not been reincarnated, no, in fact I am here because of my ability to manipulate...stuff.

16. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Ya know - so far you Mpls folks are actually LEADING the CF people, postwise. :)

17. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    hopefully we can keep that lead.

18. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    That didn't take long to overtake you all. :)

19. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Hello Minnesota Force!!!!!!!!!

It's GREAT to see so many of you here. Since there have only ever been 6 different posters on the St. Louis forum and 2 of us have shown up on this, the first official day, I'm feeling pretty optomistic so far.

I would like to send special greetings to republic not empire. I am from St. Louis, not from Minneapolis, but I can assure that these people are not in any frightening. I never met anyone who I chatted with online, until I hooked up with some Star Wars fans from Chicago Force and Minnesota Force. The hospitality I was extended by each member of both groups that I met in person was just phenomenal.

From Minnesota Force, I have met in person MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, Salacious Crummy, and Bobafemme (not sure if that is here exact screen name on JC, since haven't seen a post from her yet). These three people allowed me to share their hotel room at WindyCon, an annual sci-fi convention held in Chicago, which was in October. They only knew me from my posts, but they took a chance on me, and I on them, and I THINK that we are glad for it. I certainly am extremely proud to count them among my friends.

If you love Star Wars like I do, I can't imagine depriving yourself of the opportunity to hang out with other people who love it too. If you feel caution is the wisest approach, why not make your first meeting with MF members at one of their events that takes place in a public place as opposed to someone's home. That way you are close to help if needed.

Now I must ask that if all that offends you in any way, please excuse me for my unsolicited advice. It's just that I really love those folks. They're just regular people, like me, not freaks or serial killers. Well, except for Empyre. J/K, Empy!! ;) Perhaps you don't have room for any new friends in your life, in which case I have wasted your time by having you read all that rubbish.

That's all for now, folks, gotta run, busy night ahead. Bobafemme, if you see this message, sorry didn't get a chance to email, and I will do it later on! Hope you feel better today than last night.

20. republic_not_empire

Jul 31, 2000
    MaraJadeSkywalkerFF- (If you don't mind I'll abbr. your name to MJSFF or whatever you would like) Now that you have your colors(now on default red), I think that you should change them to Vikings Purple and Gold. It just my opinion, but that would be cool to symbolyze you being from MN and moderating this forum.

21. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I didn't reincarnate, either... I just regenerated. (One of the perks of being a Doctor Who fan as well as a SW fan.... ;)

Welcome to the new boards, Minnesota!

Thom
    "Stabilize your rear deflectors. Watch for enemy fighters."

22. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks for you kind words Empyre and jedigal!

:)

23. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    And a nice home it is too. I thought I'd bring over a housewarming gift: Chicago pizza! Enjoy!

Phil

24. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    MJSFF, my kind words are the least I can offer. MF has been very hospitable to this St. Louis area Star Wars orphan. Hopefully I won't be an orphan for long, and will be able to extend the same hospitality in return. Of course, you're more than welcome on our little forum, such as it is.... :)

25. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    I'd like to extend an invitation to all you cool Star Wars fans in the northern Middlewest, from the Twin Cities and elsewhere, to visit the St. Louis board for a fun little game you may be familiar with...

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.