main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Our newest project

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Just to let everyone know about our little groups newest project here in the Valley of the Sith; we are promoting ROTS at one of our local theatres. Since Saturday we have some of us have been going there in costume and telling people about the midnight showing and that we will there will be a lightsabre duel for their entertainmant. Already our Anakin and Dooku have have given them a taste of what to expect to everyones enjoyment.
    Of course we are not being paid for this nor do we get comps to the opening, which wouldn't matter anyway since we bought our tickets before CIII. But we are having fun.
    Nine days. Get your tickets now!!!

Golda

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    So...what's up with the toy store thingie? Is that happening, or are y'all just appearing at the premiere? Yes, I am still angling to find a way to see this duel...

Baycon?

I'd come down for the prequel and scare you all, but I've got tickets up here. You may all breathe a sigh of relief now. ;)

3. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    I've heard nothing from the toy store but the theater is having us come in daily to tell people about the showing. It is the only theater in this area that is still not sold out for the first show.

Golda

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hoping to be there on Thursday. Have my Thesis due a week from Sun, so am burning the midnight Temple Oil to get it done. Thurs depends on how much I can get done by then.

5. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    pitofhell galaxy has a listing for two midnite showings also... the one in the "big screen" theatre is sold out, the other one is not (at least not as of last night)

still got 4 tents outside, with their sign that says "star wars III line starts here"

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Have a great time performing on opening night!

AND GET SOMEONE TO VIDEO YOU, DAMMIT!

(Since I'll miss THIS performance, too!!!)

- Kai, being bossy

7. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    I guess our "job" at the Theatre is offically over. We spent about two weeks there promoting Sith. Someone from our group was there every day, and the Theatre managers were impressed. Then on opening night we had a camera crews to record the arrival of the Emperor and company in the Limo. Count Dooku was able to get us one at no charge. Must be nice to be a Count
    We were able to fill almost 1000 seats in the Theatre. That is quite a feat considering this is a smallish town.

I think we did well. But if Master Kenobi did any more damage to the knee I may have to become stern and send the Jedi to bed without cookies.

Golda

8. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    Sounds like you did an amazing job. Judging from the amount of money the movie's making, everyone's done a great job.

9. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    I forgot to log off skywalker. It was me who said amazing job, not Liz. so...great job.

10. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    One of our teachers at work managed to get the entire live newsfeed recorded. He is supposed to be getting me a copy.

As for the knee, well it's "there" and hurting like A Sith after getting womped by a Jedi. :)

But yeah, even though I couldn't be there as much as I wanted to ..Good Job Everyone!

11. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    *Stern look at damaged Jedi*

Master Kenobi, how are you supposed to be a role-model for the younglings when you keep injuring yourself? ;)

Seriously, great job everybody! I'm glad the opening went so well, and you were all appreciated for your hard work!

If you ever get that video, I'd love to see it. I'd even put it on DVD for ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.