main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Our Own Masters- An Excerpt from The Life of Lord Octavius Nyro (Order 66 Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by OmnipotentSeal, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmnipotentSeal

OmnipotentSeal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Title: Our Own Masters- An excerpt from The Life of Lord Octavius Nyro
    Author: OmnipotentSeal
    Timeframe: ROTS
    Characters: Commander Ninety/Lord Octavius, Jedi General Qussai-Yin
    Genre: Drama, Vignette
    Keywords: Order 66, clone commanders, Jedi, ROTS
    Summary: The things that go through a Clone Commander's mind as he kills his Jedi General.
    Notes: This is another excerpt from The Life of Lord Octavius Nyro, it comes after Yellow. I think the character of Octavius Nyro is more fleshed out here, which makes me want to edit Yellow to fit this more. Good thing is Yellow is quite general. If you're interested in any of this read Lexicon- Trooper Thirteen's Tale, which explains more about Octavius.

Execute Order Sixty-Six.
    It will be done, My Lord.

An excerpt from The Life of Lord Octavius Nyro

Nobody cried. Nobody screamed. There wasn?t even a peep that night within the Nemoidian palace. Her long brown hair fell around her long, regal neck, as she laid peacefully on the cold granite floor. The torches burned, the only witnesses to her betrayal.

It was she and her kind, the wizard generals that led us during the war, that had finally revealed their true nature. Her righteous green lightsaber ablaze, it was her who had led my men into battle after battle facing the Confederates. Her who would stop at nothing till the last of the clones had made their sacrifice to the Republic. Braddik had only been the start of the Republic?s deceits, she had been its end.

As we walked the abandoned halls of the Nemoidian palace, its ornaments shining in the fire light. The treasures from a thousand star systems lined the walls. Masks of every kind. Ancient shields and swords. Mosaics showing the illustrious history of the Nemoidian species. I realized that once the war was over, she would seek to seize this palace for herself. Declare herself a warrior queen.

She would dispose of my regiment, using our own enemies against us. The salvaged battle droids could easily be reprogrammed to be loyal to her alone. She knew people who could do it, the sorcerer technicians, who combine spells and technology. Her Order was far more powerful than my lone clone regiment. If she contacted them, they would slaughter us with their Force. I had seen her take out an entire platoon of super battle droids by herself. She would rend my troops with her burning, green saber.

She had spoken lightly of the situation we faced on Nemoidia, as we made our way to the throne room. ?There are still pockets of resistance in the country unfortunately,? she had told me ignorant to the truth. That I knew her plans, like I know the plans of the New Order.

?Some of the Trade Federation executives have taken it upon themselves to salvage what droids they have, in hopes of inspiring a form of counter-offensive with the help of the peasantry,? she explained to me, as if I didn?t see through her guise.

Turning she had said in a sing-song voice, ?The war is almost over Commander Ninety.? She pulled a strand of brown hair back, looking at me with her soft green eyes. Beneath those eyes, I knew there laid deception. She would use them to seize Nemoidia for herself, using her mind tricks on the remaining Trade Federation leaders. They would fall beneath her feet, and I would be displaced.

No, her betrayals ran deeper than Braddik?s. Braddik merely hated our kind. He saw us as nothing more than a means to an end in battle. It was her betrayal that the Empire would imitate as it slowly decommissions the clone army. She never saw how valuable we were, how well we fought, how each of us is capable of so much more. It was that ignorance that the Kiminoans, the children that they are, had placed in the minds of our masters.

As she embraced me, smiling knowingly. Her warm cloak against my cold, plasteel armor. Her brown hair against my rough chin.

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Ouch. That chick got owned. Very nicely done, well-written and the ending line is just perfect (I like to end my short stories with the last word or phrase in them, and that was definitely title-worthy). Sad, too.

=D=

3. OmnipotentSeal

Jun 15, 2005
    Thanks... I didn't know whether to make Qussai-Yin a male or female, but it came out she was well female. I kind of wanted her affection toward him to be contrasted by his paranoia toward her, which was brought on by Order 66.

4. Vaders_Angel

Vaders_Angel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2005
    wow. I like it, good job!

5. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Wow. That was quite a story. One of those ones where you finish it and just kind of stare for a while thinking about what you just read.

6. OmnipotentSeal

Jun 15, 2005
    What do you know, those are the kind of stories I like to read... ;)

Thanks, that means a lot... :D

It makes only slightly more sense if you've read Lexicon... When I was writing I never realized how frelled up Octavius was... ;)

7. Jedi-Tiger-Lilly

Jedi-Tiger-Lilly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Definitely thought provoking! I enjoyed it a lot. =D=

8. DarthPolymerase

DarthPolymerase Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I took a break from studying and now I am totally speechless after reading this (and probably can't go back to the world of atoms and molecules). The imagery in this piece was just...beyond...fantastic--I loved the image of the girl hugging the clone trooper as he kills her. Wow. Just....wow. I think this has been one of your best pieces of work :D

9. Rassick

Rassick Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2004
    Good job. :)

10. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Now that is one paranoid twisted example of the Kaminoan cloners art.

Have to agree that the question of what to do with the Clones when the war was over was a difficult one. Rather fortunate in a way that the Empire was declared and so there was work for an army to do in crushing internal discontent.

I love how Octavius is interpreting things. You can imagine what was really likely to happen, you can imagine how Master Qussai-Yin meant what she was saying, but it all seemed so different through Octavius?s eyes and ears.

11. OmnipotentSeal

Jun 15, 2005
    Wooh, finally I can reply to these replies... Long day, stupid people at work, reading to do, etc.

First, thanks for the replies to all! I don't get this many responses on any of my works, so its cool. So anybody who responded, muchos props to you, you know who you are... :D

Now for some individual responses.

DarthPolymerase- The hug definately came later in the story, in an original try at the same story, which took place on Dantooine, Octavius was meant to shoot Yin in the back. I, however, felt that it wouldn't do the character justice and was too much like cold blooded murder, which wasn't the point of the story. Instead it is about the effects of Order 66 psychologically on Octavius.

Which brings me to _JM_, I have this theory that when the Kaminoans programmed Order 66 into the clones, that it would cause an unexplainable feeling of betrayal within the clones, since the Jedi are in fact traitors in Palpatine's eyes for making an attempt on his life. Logically, that when he says the Jedi are traitors that the clones would take it seriously. SO, I wrote it from the idea that the feeling of betrayal is in fact engrained and biologically progammed into the ultra-loyal clones. In some ways, they are live in the world of those who created and lead them, the Jedi, the Sith Lords, and the cloners. They want order and obedience and above all loyalty, yet Order 66 is about betrayal, which to a clone would be chaos. It is the anti-thesis of their existance, but their existance depends upon it. Taken to its furthest extent, Order 66 and Purges cause clones to have independent thought. All this is of course explained better in Lexicon, through the less biased eyes of Trooper Thirteen.

In short, I think about this wayy too much, and am myself wayyy tooo paranoid for my own good. ;)

I may write Octavius' story fully some day, as a spin off... After writing this vig, I find the idea all the more appetizing.

12. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    The irony is that the clones are not their own masters. They are pawns in a game of greater evil. :_|

13. OmnipotentSeal

Jun 15, 2005
    For a time at least, yes, they are pawns. I think Order 66 technically is an order that lasts until all the Jedi are extinct, but when the Jedi are all dead, what happens to them after that?

14. SiriLVR

SiriLVR Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Saw this in the thread i love it.

15. OmnipotentSeal

Jun 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.