main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Our Personal Websites

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by _-Reborn_Jedi-_, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Well I've been debating to make this thread , in fear of some moderator deleting it because of "competition" with this site, or whatnot. But anyhow, just wanted to know who has their own personal/fansite for Star Wars, I've been wanting to share mine with all of you and figured you all wouldn't mind doing the same. My site is temporary at the moment, until I can find a decent domain name. But here it is - http://www.geocities.com/temp_sith/tempindex.html About 10 people, including myself, are working on it, and plan to make it really great. It's going to hopefully become a major site, like this one (theforce.net). As I said, no competition, personally I look up to this site as a role model of sorts. By the way check out and feel free to participate in our forums as well- they're really great and I'm proud of 'em. (my name is §ithLord on there; I am a forum moderator)
    Again, no competition, just sharing the love of the greatest Saga of all time...

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I have no problem with it, but as the case when Mullet tried posting saber parts on eBay and linked them through here, the admins might be pissed if you are "advertising" your site on here, as they thought Mullet was advertising for his saber parts. So if they lock this, then it's probably for that reason.

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Blatant advertising is a definate no-no...and if you were to do it in another forum it would definately be locked. The only forum-wide acceptable way to advertise your site is to put it in your signature. The only reason I'm allowing this one to continue is 1. It's talking about everyone in the groups' personal sites (if they have them)...if any non-Cleveland area people post here let me know and those posts will be eliminated & 2. Since you guys are a FF group in the making, this would be a good way to get to know each other.

Now, that said, this is the only thread where you can post about your personal sites (other than the official Cleveland FF site). So there won't be a new thread for each person's site and you still can't buy/sell/trade anything here.

4. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Hehe, do I know my admins or what? Guess the Force didn't let me down.

5. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Ok Sebulba-X thanx for not locking this...it's by no means advertising, I sure as heck ain't selling anything on my site lol. Just good fun and info at my site. Figured it'd be cool to see each others' sites and have fun, we can link each other too, maybe have a Cleveland FanForce webring or something lol. Also, website development is a fun creative activity and I suggest any of you who don't have a fan site and have a little time on your hands, try it out! It's a lot of fun and it feels good to tell all your friends about it! BTW I checked out your site, JediKnightPasJoDacle , from your signature, cool site, and some funny pix as well (Attack of the Cones? LMAO). Again, thanx for making this a official thread Sebulba-X. I feel special now :p

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Hey reborn, thanks for the complement, my site is www.angelfire.com/darkside/wolverine ...As for that ad for my ebay saber, I was woundering what happened to that thread. Damn admins.

7. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Dacle = banned. Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.