main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH OUR PODCAST!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_William, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    Our own podcast!!
    YAY!! [face_dancing]

http://www.ihnradio.com

2. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    YAY! Nathan Butler ("historian of the Star Wars Timeline Gold", and author of a story in Star Wars Tales Issue 21) wants us to hook up with him to join the Star Wars Fan Works, the grouping that SW Action News is in!!! YAY!!

3. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    Say whaaaaa? Who is this guy, and how did he hear about us? He wants us to join what? Please explain and provide links, so I can look into it, and add stuff to the site if I need to.

BTW, we have had 32 downloads of Episode 1, and according to feedburner, we have 4 subscribers. And podcast alley should be listing us soon. And we are live on itunes as of 4pm yesterday.

And I guess we need to come up with a logo. Start thinking of some ideas.

4. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    Nathan Butler runs the Star Wars Fanworks website.
    It's a compendium website that has links to all sorts of Star Wars
    Fan Podcasts: http://starwarsfanworks.com/

I think it'd be a great place to list our 'cast.

5. Jo-Nich

Jo-Nich Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2005
    You guys ever look into BlogTalkRadio.com? It allows live "webcasting" that can be later downloaded for podcasting service. You schedule a time for your show and then can even take callers live on the air/web.

Just an idea to help expand your podcasting.

6. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Nathan found us through my post on Star Wars Action News.

7. TravisTheGeek

TravisTheGeek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2006
    I loved the podcast, but I think it had some technical issues. Some of the voices were way too quiet and a few others were a bit loud. Other then that, though, I thought this was great.

8. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    That's because Matt needs to fix his Mic!! LOL! We know we have a bunch of issues, which we are going to try to fix when we do our next one (hopefully this weekend, possibly shortly after).

9. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    I'm working on the tech issues. I have found a way to control the level of all the mics, so we all sound the same. Amazing what a google seach can do.... :) And we will edit the next one a little tighter, to make it flow a little better.

But in the meantime, I have come up with a work in progresss logo. What do you guys think?
    [image=http://www.myrandomstuff.com/ihn/images/ihnlogowip.jpg]

10. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    I like it, but you need red fading lines flowing out behind it, to make it kind of look like the superman logo as it flies across the screen.

11. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    FANTASTIC logo Chris! Great job! I love it!

12. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    I like the logo, but I do like the idea of the swooping lines behind the name. As for my mike? I had the thing practically in my mouth as it was!! Guess I just need to talk louder next time. :)

13. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    Matt, you shouldn't have to talk loud next time. I've figured out a couple diffrent things. FIrst off, I think the fact that 2 mics were connected right to the motherboard on the back of the computer, and 2 on front, might have limited the input from teh 2 on front. And yours and mine were those 2.
    Second, I have found how to limit the mic levels so they are all the same. So hopefully, this weeks episode will sound better.

BTW, have we set a time for the next one? I would say Sunday around 2-3?

14. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Since we were moving me today, we changed this to Monday night at 8. It should seriously take less than an hour (and if we can meet a little before 8, like 7:50, we can get stuff started that much sooner!). I think this one may be quite interesting!

15. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    Thanks to ChrisSquared for all their hard work in posting up EPISODE 2!

16. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    :D Thanks to you for participating Bill!!! Has anyone else out there listened to us? Or do we have to start giving things away????[face_whistling]

17. Jo-Nich

Sep 25, 2005
    *holds out for the prizes*

18. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Nice, well we will have one to give away soon (its a small prize but a prize nonetheless!), and possibly a second soon after if I can obtain it! Plus, the more people who listen cause us to get sponsors, and then they give stuff away and everyone starts getting prizes!!!!

Speaking of prizes...

19. Jo-Nich

Sep 25, 2005
    On a serious note...I have actually been listening. It's like going to one of the meetings! :D

20. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    LOL...that's...kind of what we were shooting for! Lol!

21. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey everyone!!! Come over to the site and join our forums!!! Then you can let us know how we are doing there!!!!

22. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Just wanted to take some time and post that we are up to episode 4 with the cast. If you haven't listened yet, its just the 4 of us (hopefully we can incorporate some more soon!) discussing overall news and our opinions on Star Wars!

Ilikestarwars on Itunes said "This is a great podcast for any star wars fans. Listen to it and you will be addicted.", while Star Wars Jeff on Star Wars Action News forums said "It's people like [Star Wars Action News], Star Wars En Direct, and the IHR show that will continue to keep the fandom going."

:DSorry, I felt like an advertising exec there. We'd just really like you guys to come out and listen to us, and let us know what you think! Thanks everyone!
    C.J.

23. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey everyone! New things are happening with IHNRadio!!!

- We just added a blog to our site for the four of us to post updates, as well as get comments from our listeners!! There is a link to the right of the main page.

- Episode 5 is recorded and in post at this very moment! Expect it late thursday or early friday!

- Shortly after Episode 5 went to post, we also added a voicemail number for you all to reach us! The number is 614-441-9983, so be sure to call in and leave your comments and listener rebuttals for us to discuss during the show!!! We also still have the forums up and running, and the email, as always, which is comments@ihnradio.com!!!

Thanks everyone! And if you haven't heard us yet...what are you waiting for!!!

24. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
  25. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    Hello everyone. We are proud to release episode 8 of the podcast to the world. Please take a listen, and let us know whatcha think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.