main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC OUR robocop remake

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

so dope. like 50 filmmakers from fatal farm (lasagna cat) to nicolas wending refn (drive) to cracked.com (ick) remade the original robocop in chunks. the dudes from whitest kids u know are in it too. the goal? to ruin robocop before hollywood can. puppets, dancefighting, animation, babies, breakdancing, exploding prosthetic penises... i'd say they've succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh god this is incredible.

Lazy Storm Trooper and Rogue_Ten like this.
  4. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

well, if you had any intention of watching the hollywood remake you really ought to consider using the time to watch this instead. there's 0 chance this isnt way more entertaining

5. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Couldn't get through the first ten seconds. Probably be the same if I attempted to watch the remake.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh god this is wonderful. I'm going to have to watch the rest of it tonight.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you're missing out. it drastically changes styles every minute or two so perfect for those with short attentions spans. it's like star wars uncut, except done by filmmakers who are fans instead of fans who might be filmmakers. (star wars uncut is great too, this just has better production values)

8. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    yeah i havent watched it all the way through yet honestly. i heard about it thru fatal farm's scene so i saw that stand-alone first (its the most cackle-inducing thing ive seen in a long time, albiet very nsfw)

*NSFW enough to remove the link*

after watching that like four times in the last two days and having laughing fits every time, i finally got around to looking up the full film this afternoon and ive been skipping around to whatever iconic scenes come to mind - murphy getting blown away, the ending scenes, the ED-209 scenes, boddicker's coke/grenade party are all great... like any composite project its wildly uneven but its mostly pure joy :p

here's the trailer:

i hope they do a reunion tour if that starship troopers remake gets off the ground. hollywood shouldnt be allowed to **** with verhoeven films. they're too delicate a balance and you cant make them "grittier" and keep the meaning and point of the film intact

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i was actually watching it at work and had to turn it off when i got to that scene. looking forward to watching the rest at home. i think it's worth it to watch it in order. there's a lot of great stuff even in what would normally be mundane transition sequences. you definitely don't have to watch it all in one go though. it might be better not to.

10. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    for me i think ill have to get a group of folks together to watch it all the way through. itll be even more fun that way

11. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    This is perhaps one of the greatest things ever. I even overlooked the fact that Rogue_Ten opened this thread with jive like "so dope."

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Watched it last night. Some brilliance, indeed. The ED209 scene and the rape scene... OMG. The dance/music scenes were excellent too.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    upped because this movie is still better than that other one that's coming out

14. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i didn't know what you were talking about but now that i do, thank you thank you thank you

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    did you like the coke party?

16. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i only watched the first couple minutes but i can already tell it's great. i'll check out the rest tomorrow since i'm not going to have to work anyway.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Yes, the coke party was also hilarious.