main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Our trip to Columbus - thoughts on info about trip

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MomMaster, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    how long of a drive it is from your place to there?

2. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    NM I just scrolled up and saw the 3 hr time frame.. LOL

I would love to go to this with you guys.... We will be in ohio the weekend before.... its an easy drive so no reason why we cant go back the week after ;)

3. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    Does everyone realize that weekend is also when Billy Dee Williams will be at the Pittsburgh Toy Show? I was hoping to see the exhibit in Ohio but I'll be at the toy show....

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    We discussed the date at the May meeting and this was the day that most everyone could agree on, and it wasn't easy. Is Billy Dee going to be at the Toy Show both Saturday and Sunday? If the 501st induction is on Sunday then perhaps you could still make the trip to Columbus?

5. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    Arriving at 11:30 is 4 1/2. Shouln't we arrive at least 11:00?

6. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    :confused: Are you saying we should leave earlier to arrive by 11?

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    greencat - check the Columbus thread and tell us if you think you'd be up for COSI then going in on reserving a pavillion for an all day cookout?

Have you guys bought tickets yet?

8. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    No, 7am is plenty of time to arrive for 11:00 entry.
    Google says 3 1/2 hrs is plenty of travel time.

9. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Should we allow for some 'just incase' time?

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I think if we leave at 7 we should be fine, I agree with MomMaster.

Fluke_Groundrunner posted:
    Should we allow for some 'just incase' time?[hr][/blockquote]
    The only thing I could think of if we push our time back to 11:30 for anyone that has to get thier costume on?

11. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001

*grin* Our ticket time is 11:30. If we have to 'check in' with COSI by 11:00, and the drive is 3 1/2 hours and we have given ourselve some extra time to get out there and find COSI and park and find where we get our tickets, we should be fine.

So, looking at the above info, does anyone feel depart time or ticket time should be changed?? And if you feel it should be, then please state what you think it should be changed to and why. :)

We need to confirm all this stuff. And have TRADMIC reserve us our tickets.

Oh, and could folks state in this thread who exactly is going?
    Strawbary has said she is coming with a total of four folks, herself included.
    Greencat336 is coming.

And, of course, there is the questions of are we going to go afterwards to picnic with the Ohio people.

And, if we do go out after the exhibit closes, is anyone interested in staying overnight in Columbus or do folks want to make that long drive home after a very busy day.

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    It sounds like leaving at 7am with tickets for 11:30am will give us more than enough time to get there even if something happens to slow us down, and that's all I was worried about.

I plan to make the trip but don't plan to stay overnight, though if I were to find some super-cheap deal on Priceline I might reconsider. As far as what to do afterwards, I don't really mind doing whatever everyone else would like.

13. DavinNovalis

DavinNovalis Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2004
    Hey folks,

I'm from the Jedi Knights of Cleveland and saw that you guys were going for a group discount?

I'd be interested in going in if you still have tickets left?

Thanks!

Jason

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I will be staying in Ohio afterwards since its a longer drive back for us. Unless I can be convinced to stay in pitt overnight and have a personal tour guide of the city the next day ;) LOL

15. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    We have 5 going (reserve 5) - We can't stay overnight, We will have to slip on parts of costume when we get there since it's July and our AC in car broke beyond repair! picnic for us afterwards would depend on how from from COSI - we may stop in for a while

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm going to be staying in Columbus overnight. Since the Ohio folks are willing to move the date of the all-Ohio FF picnic just to get us to come, seems like the least we can do is go. :D

And I love staying in hotels. Those tiny little soaps and shampoo bottles! The free coffee in the morning. What fun.

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    There are a bunch of hotel deals listed on sidestep.com for under $50 in Columbus for the 29th. Just make sure to read the reviews at tripadvisor.com before booking.

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    how many are in need of a hotel for that day?

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Ginger and I will probably want to stay the night.

20. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Last I heard it was :
    Rox
    Ginger
    greencat
    Syracuse clan (4)
    Zerocool
    Ohio Clan (numbers unconfirmed)

I have 8 total so far... anyone else?
    I am going to reserve 3 rooms and thats should be enough to cram a few people together. If we all end up only needing one big one, thats ok too LOL but at least the rooms will be reserved. Will post what I get quoted soon.

21. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Ok, figured I should update everyone:

We have a reservation for up to 30 people
    Sat. July 29 11:30 exhibit. Someone is gonna try and greet our group at the door around 11:00.
    There is a parking charge of $4 per vehicle.
    They asked if we'd be eating lunch in the cafeteria. I said yes just to be safe. They need this info just to be sure they are staffed. We have to let them know if we'll be bringing lunches or buying in the cafeteria.
    There is an option to add on an extreme screen movie for $2.50 a person- the ones that will be playing are Evergreen and Fighter Pilot. I may be interested in Fighter Pilot, fyi.
    So we have to decide the details of lunch and extreme movie.

Also, we will be staying overnight too. If you are willing to share a room with us, awesome. Just a small warning that Jason snores and I don't sleep, so I'll be in and out all night. Also we both sleep in the nude.:p
    kidding btw.

What is happening with plans for us going to Ohio's picnic that day? Do we have directions and whatnot? Seems like if we're gonna be crashing their party we should bring food. or something. :D

22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Thanks for getting this straighened out TRADEMIC. The extreme movie sounds cool, especially at $2.50. As far as the movie and lunch goes, whatever everyone wants is fine with me.

23. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Well, after talking to Greencat a few days ago, I decided that I wold join in on the fun and hilarity of a road trip. So, count me in. Also, I'll be staying overnight, so, if you would be so kind strawbary, to add my name to the list of those crashing in the OH.

24. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    okie dokely my man.. no problemo... ;)

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Vic what is this going to run anyway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.