Our trip to Columbus - thoughts on info about trip

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by MomMaster, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Directions from COSI to the picnic: I have the ones provided in the Ohio picnic thread (Google map) and also from Mapquest. I'll make copies and hand them out when we meet in Bridgeville. We should exchange phone numbers before or at breakfast that morning.

edit: I also have cell # for one of the picnic organizers. Big +
  2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    we will be in pittsburgh on the 28th, anyone want to get together and show us the sites?

I think Rox said he may be available , not sure what time he will be though ;)
  3. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'll just be getting home from Erie that day, not sure what time though.
    If we plan an evening, I'll be sure to be back in time.

What "sites" are we talking about here? Anything specific you want to do? I suggest Tiki Lounge at some point. Not only is a cool place and atmosphere, it's one of the places that has never kicked me out! :D
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I think she is bringing her kids. Tiki Lounge is cool though. I know my wife always enjoyed going there. The drinks taste great and have a ton of alsohol in them,
  5. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
  6. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    There is a Pirate game that evening if you are looking for a chance to see PNC Park. The Pirates stink, but the ballpark is 'da bomb'.

Just Ducky Tours is good (I have heard) if you arrive in the afternoon.
    http://www.justduckytours.com/

The Andy Warhol museum is the place to go if into art.

Mt. Washington is probably another area you should check out in the evening.
  7. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Carnegie Science Center is tons of fun, they currently have an exhibit on the science of magic tricks and Superman on the IMAX. And parking is free!

Duck tours are fun, I've been on one with the kids.

The Heinz History Center is neat. Its a museum about the history of Western PA, including a sports museum that has lots of interactive stuff.

8. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The pirates game sounds cool ! we will be there early morning so we have all day to hang out, I will check out the duck tours and all the other cool links! :)

Laser tag is always a plus with me ... if anyone wants to plan something in the eve let me know :) Otherwise we will see everyone saturday morning.

Thanks guys!
  9. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    erm, so here is the new news, sorry it's taken so long, I can come, I just need a ride, I think and I need a ride back on saturday, other wise...not
  10. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    What are the final details? Meeting time, etc?
  11. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I will have space if anyone needs it. Riding is free, but any help with gas is appreciated.
  12. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Have a nice trip, everybody!
  13. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok, so we are leaving at 7:00 AM from the Bridgeville Mcdonalds...ok cool...
  14. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We did leave about 7AM or so. Unexpected detours through Carnegie delayed several folks, but we still got into Columbus a little more than a half hour before our reserved time of 11:30.

The SW exhibit was very cool. Lots of neat movie props -- land speeder, lots of costumes, weapons, ship models, droids. Fun info videos on life on Coruscant, Kaysshkk (sp??), and Tattoine. Interesting science exhibits on robotics, cold climate research, medical technology, transportation. There was also a Millenium Falcon sim ride, that some of our folks went on and said was neat, but I didn't because the line was too long.

We then played in the COSI for a while. The ocean exhibit was amazing. This cave like place with lots of water to play in and a giant statue of Poisden.

There was a radio station there and they said they were having a costume contest. Plagious was told he won first place for his Anakin costume -- round trip tickets to LA. w00t! Hopefully it was an actual thing and not some strange radio station prank.

We then went to the Ohio picnic and had a nice time talking to the Ohio people. CJ showed off his collection of very cool custome 3 3/4 figures.

Much fun was had by all.
  15. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad you had a good time!
  16. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey Plagious, any word back yet on the costume contest prize?
  17. Plagious Jedi Knight

star 1

This is as far as I got after emailing them a couple of times. Sounds real but I am not convienced yet. I will let you know what happens.
  18. Plagious Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guess whos going to Celebration 4!!!!!!!!!!!

For FREE!!!!!!
  19. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Can't beat free.

Unless they paid you to go, of course.

Maybe I'd go if somebody paid me.

A lot.

Anyhoo, congrats, that's cool.

Well done,
    Yours Truly
  20. SuperChill Jedi Grand Master