Edmonton Our Website needs and upgrade/facelift/update/paint job....YOUR opinion is needed!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    I have been working on a new look for the website over the last couple of days, this is what I have come up with so far...

[link=http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jadesempire/aanewindex.html]New Look[/link]

This is by no means the final look, just wanted to do something and then get what you guys think should be added/changed/left the same.

So lets get some feedback going, positive and negative, and put me to work!!! :)

Indy
  2. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    The only thing i noticed is that it looks funny at 1024x768, is it possible to stretch the top banner so that it looks better in higher resolutions?
  3. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yeah, I am working on something to take care of that... either stretch the banner (which will look funny) or a generic type banner that will fit on the end of all of them to "fill it out"

Indy
  4. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Okay, I added in a "background" image to "stretch" it out so it doesn't look so chopped off...

I know it is ugly, but it will do the job until I can actually make something to put there, just wanted it there for show... :)

Indy
  5. Darth_Haggis Jedi Master

star 4
    For that corner piece, we should stretch the starfield in the menu down to include the corner.
  6. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    You mean the "curve"?

Can do... should only take about 6 seconds... :)

Indy

DONE.
  7. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Any other comments/suggestions?

I am really looking for some input here so I can do some more work... :)

Indy
  8. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
  9. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Are there any event pictures on your site John? It's always nice to "see" what went on.
  10. Darth_Haggis Jedi Master

star 4
    Would it be possible to make that new design the default design for the page?
  11. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yes, that is what I am trying to get input on, what you guys want the whole site to look like...

And an "events" page is in the works...

Indy
  12. Darth_Haggis Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it possible to clean up the banner with the Edmonton skyline on it? It seems kind of "chunky" and poorly blended together.
  13. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    If you are referring to the one with the Oilers symbol on it, I didn't create that one, General Tekno made it... :)

Indy
  14. Darth_Haggis Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh good. For a second there, I thought the quality of your work might be slipping in your old age. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.