main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Out and About...The E-town Toy Scene

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by JawaGirl, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Hi Lee,

Don't buy the figures if you think they will be worth something in the future. Buy it because you want to have them. The "valued" ones will be the original series back in '77. Nobody really collected them for a profit back them. Nowadays there are tons of figures and collectors out there. Sure their's gonna be the odd figure that worth a couple of bucks. Buy it thinking it will be worthless in the future. I know it sounds odd.If you're looking for an investment you're better of buying stocks ;)

The hard figure to find as I speak is the blue royal guard.. its really hard to find. The red guard is easily found at the moment. Did you go this Saturday (Apr 2) to any TRU? It was crazy... lots of people!

2. Darth_Beowulf

Darth_Beowulf Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    Dave, thanks for the reply. I am very familiar of the ideology of buying things of this nature and not making tons of money off of them but because there is so much out there I would prefer to get the set that has the possibility of being woth the most of tthe ones that are out there. I actually do buy stocks so I'm not in this for money, just trying to be smart about which stuff to buy besause it doesn't matter what it is to me as long as it is Star Wars.
    Talk to you soon for some mini games, oh yeah I heard they were coming out with AT-ATs for the minis, awesome.

3. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm with Dave on this one. Anything new will never have the higher value as collectables. I think at most, with I'm sure a few exceptions that will become favorites, they will stay the same. I'm sure somewhere in the future they would have some value if kept as a complete set though.

4. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Here's some pics of the AT_AT. I don't even know how they are gonna put this on the map *lol*.

http://www.gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&pid=2800&orderby=titleA

5. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    So the lightsaber game is worth the 70 bucks?. I was gonna get it but was afraid I'd have to kneel in front of the tv and just get frustrated with it.

6. lord_greedo

lord_greedo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2004
    Hey Dave, The AT - AT comes with its own map ;P

7. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    WOW! The at-at is awesome. Thanks for the pic.

8. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    So.....I FOUND MY EPISODE 3 VISIAL DICTIONARY!!!!!

sorry ...excited been looking a while

9. princess-lia

princess-lia Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2004
  10. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    I was in TRU's on the south side yesterday and found one of those silver, limited edition Darth Vader's from 2004. In the way of figures there was not much else. There is also Original Trilogy Star Wars Monopoly for 25 bucks at the winners in the Mill Woods Town Center.

11. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    In my hometown at the local bookstore, :)!!!

Chapters just said 'umm sometime in April'

Yeah and ROTS comes out 'sometime in may' lol!

12. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Does anyone happen to know where a guy can find a blue royal guard? I guess that is a common question right now but any help would be appreciated.

13. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Does anyone know where to find a Darth Tater? Are they out yet?

14. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
  15. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i saw it at toys r us the day everything was released.

16. lord_greedo

Oct 6, 2004
    Hey Lee, The Taters sold out very fast. I believe there is another wave coming in May. I have a couple extra, call me if you want one : )

17. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Hey Scott, what's up? I will give you a call on friday or saturday and see how much you want for youe extra Tater. BTW, what time would be best to call you on the weekend? Also maybe we should try to set-up a miniature session with Dave and anyone else you know who would want to play. Talk to you later.

18. lord_greedo

Oct 6, 2004
    You can call me any time after 12 noon on the weekdays and whenever on Sat and Sun. I believe dave will be at Celebrations this weekend : 0

Wish I was : (

19. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Yup... I'm leaving this Wednesday :)

20. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Thats right too, I forgot about that little thing. I'm just sour cuz i can't go, however I am excited for all those of who get to go. I can't even begin to imagine my at the depth and immersion into the Star Wars universe, on and off the screen, that could only take place at a Celebration. It is unfortunate that, according to the George Lucas that was interviewed on 60 Minutes, there will be no more movies and adversly no more Celebrations. Have you been to a Celebration before Dave? Also, you guys would probably be the best to ask about this.......I would really like to fashion a Darth Vader costume, which would be the best lightsaber to purchase? Would it be possible to get a decent lightsaber, I.E.-no plastic, expendeable ones, for around $200 - $220? Dave, I really liked the one you showed me. The sound effects were great. Could I still buy one of those at a retailer, other than oft-times overpriced comic stores?

21. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Hi Lee,

I have a friend who's bringing a camcorder down. I'm gonna probably take alot of pics as well. When I get back we'll have to hook up and I'll show you what I saw down there. No... I've never been to a Celebration before. I have a friend who did go see C2. He said it was incredible!
    There's gonna be full size radio controls R2D2 down there. I've got to see it. If you look at the schedule... there are a ton of things to do down there.

There is a ton of Rubies Darth Vader costume out there. If you look on Ebay... you will see them. They go for $750 US. From what I've been hearing people say is that the rubies Vader costume is junk. Looks good to me. I guess I'll have to look it in person to judge it for myself. I'm sure their will be one at C3. I'll let you know.

To be honest Lee... I would go for another costume. To be Vader you have to be tall. If you were like 5'10" I'd consider getting one. I'm 5'4" and when I wear my Vader costume it doesn't look right. I spent $4200 on my Vader costume... I prefer wearing the Stormtrooper costume.

I've never seen the FX sabers here in Canada. You would have to go to the Master Replica site or Ebay. $200 will get you a FX Vader Saber. From what I understand TRU in the states carry them. Unfortunately in Canada... you're out of luck.

Give me a shout when I get back. Definitely have to have a game of Rebel Miniatures. I see that the TRU is carrying the ROTS Miniatures. So many figures to get.

22. lord_greedo

Oct 6, 2004
    Lee,
    Check www.silversnail.com The last time I checked they had Vader FX for $170 CAN + shipping and GST. They ship out of Ontario : )

You should buy the Ultimate Vader costume from Starwarsshop.com Looks good to me $1000 though: (

23. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Thanks guys, you have really helped me narrow it down. Dave, I totally appreciate you letting me see what pics you get from there, I will definately make sure I take advantage of that offer. Also, I may just be able to pull off Vader, I am just under 5'11" and am hoping to find some black boots with a 1" sole, or even see if there is a decent adhesive and fashion my own rubber soles. I think either way I really just want to have a Vader costume considering he is my all time favorite fictional character but Conan is right up there......wouldn't it be awesome if Vader was handed a broad sword and got to fight Conan, that would be the best duel ever! Hey, possibly a scenario for a future fan film? Anyways I will give you a shout when you are back, or you could pm me to let me know when is good for you when you get back.

Scott, you're right the ultimate Vader doesn't look that bad at all, actually it is pretty sweet. Have you seen the Darth Vader figure that comes with a shield and no cape? What series is that, do you know? Talk to you this weekend about Darth Tater.

24. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    Is there anybody out there that has a Jedi Luke Skywalker they would like to sell or trade? It is the last one I need for the full set of Rebel Strike miniatures so I would be willing to make the deal worthwhile.

25. Fan_Of_The_Sith

Fan_Of_The_Sith Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Hey Darth that vader with no cape and has a shield is from the 7" Force Battlers Line. I recently got one it is quite nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.