main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Out and About...The E-town Toy Scene

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by JawaGirl, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Hey Mindy. Any idea where I can get ahold of those Unleashed figures? preferably in the west end

That one of Darth Vader with his helmet off is suh-weet

thx :)

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    How are all the collectors doing out here and
    what type of luck are you all having with new
    figures. I have been getting most of my toys
    from the US...

3. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Big LEGO sale at Zellers this weekend. Buy one get the 2nd for 1/2 price... (or something like that)

4. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    I haven't seen any Unleashed figures anywhere :( Not sure, but you may want to try Comic King in West Ed Mall.

Edit: Wow am I ever not on the ball!

-JawaGirl :)

5. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    If you are looking for the Unleashed figures.. I hear that TRU (Toys R Us) will be having them in November..so stand by.

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    thanks Dave. No worries Mindy. I totally forgot about it

7. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    A store called Hollywood Showcase may have some new figures coming in next week though he's not sure if it's 3 3/4 inch or unleashed. I'll check around and find out ok.

8. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Thanks Jason :)

9. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    London Drugs (at least at SouthEdmonton Common) had Star Wars figures and LEGO on sale for up to 50% off.

10. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm sure you all know about this store but I thought I'd mention it in case you didn't. Its at WEM directly across from Chapters I just saw it today it looks new. I've already for gotten the name I think its Collectors Edge. They had quite a lot of Star Wars toys. I know absolutely nothing about figures but most of the ones they had I have never seen in stores before like a carded darth vader for $30 plus many more. They had what looked like a vintage millenium falcom in its original box and other vehicles in old looking boxes.

11. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    :eek:
    Thanks. I've never heard of it.

12. The_Internet

The_Internet Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2004
    that collectors edge store used to be a kiosk in the 'market place' across from the old famous players and above fantasy land in west ed. There is a dolar store right by my house that is selling star wars figures for 2.50 and five dollars. I havent been there in weeks but when i was buying they had:

Pilot jango fett
    clone trooper commander
    speeder bike clone trooper
    count dooku
    obi wan
    anakin
    padme in disguise
    zam wessel with arm cut off

and a couple others, for me the deal was the five dollar speeder bike troopers and the 2.50$ clone troopers.

I really, really, really like this thread.
    and hope you kids bump it whenever you get more info

13. astrozombie

astrozombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2002
    Firstly: Internet! Which dollar store do you speak of?!? *hopes it is in a community near the Mall*

Secondly: Perusing the flea markets has once more proved rewarding. There's a dude selling Attack of the Clones promotional material that is quite neat.
    He has two AOTC Yoda posters, two static cling decals (Yoda and Jango) - think of the car-window-possibilites! - and two oval Yoda sticker-things (can't remember if they are static cling...oops!).
    All in all? 45$. Before bartering.
    He'd give a static cling and an oval for 15.

Food for thought.

the Superflea Market is at 111 and 120st and is open 10-5 weekends.

14. The_Internet

Mar 19, 2004
    the dollar store in jasper gates (which is on the west end) there are 2 dollar stores right next to each other, you'll want to hit the bigger one directly next to safeway. Like i said i havent been there in a long time but when i went i was buying like three biker troops at a time and a couple of clone commanders and when i came back they were always replenished, but who knows maybe they ran out of stuff by now.

If you want i can do a recon tommorow of what they have, i have to drop a movie off at rogers so its no biggie.

15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Sure! If they're still stocked I'll hafto stop in next weekend. :)

16. astrozombie

Sep 19, 2002
    Same!

that is sweetness I can barely believe and will check out regardless.

Thanks for the direction, Internet, and yeah - I'll loop back tomorrow to determine when Goodwill and the Dollah-Stores will need to be hit with some rabid fan meanderings.

Fantasterrific!!!

17. The_Internet

Mar 19, 2004
    Does anyone here work for zellers or toys are us or anything? I was seriously contemplating getting a job at zelelrs just so i could be 'in the know' for the new releases of toys. I work from home and make my own hours, i think it would be prety dope to get a part time job at zellers for the sole intent of not stocking toys i want to buy, or saving them for friends. Does anyone one know if this is a plausible idea?

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I know Zellers and Wal-Mart are always hiring. At least they always have applications out. It sounds like a plausible idea and you don't even need to work full time if you already have a job.

19. The_Internet

Mar 19, 2004
    i was just wondering if anyone had already worked at zellers or toys are us and knew the logistics of ho shelves are stocked and wether or not you could acctually scam them like that.

20. The_Sith_Invader

The_Sith_Invader Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2004
    Hi all! I worked for the west end TRU about 5 years ago. When I was there all the boxed shipments are in the back in each section ie. figures-Hasbro. You were not allowed to open anything unless you were told to go put it out. It was very possible to open boxes and "hide" what you wanted and re-tape or make it looked dameged etc. in the back. I was there only for a short while so I only looked through the boxes that were opened by the guys that worked there for a while and hid what I wanted ;) Hope that helps!

21. astrozombie

Sep 19, 2002
    Toys 'R' Us has $20 12" Mace Windu...all others are non-deals (including the exasperatingly dependable half-hideous Episode I watches that are never really a deal).

22. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    Finally some activity on this thread! Sweet! Good to hear that figures are starting to go super cheap!
    Hasbro is coming out with some really cool Playskool figures that will be sold in 2-packs...but likely won't be available in Canada :( The play sets weren't so I wouldn't expect the figures to be...sigh...
    Time for a trip across the border!

JawaGirl :)

23. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Went to the dollar store yesterday, they had jango and naboo pilot padme. they also had some weird things that I think were pretending to be star wars toys.

24. The_Internet

Mar 19, 2004
    ya i finally got back to the dollar store today, and they only had like one row of acctual star wars figures. and it was only padme and pilot jango, i guess they sold out of all the cool stuff. Sorry kids:(

25. astrozombie

Sep 19, 2002
    *cries* about Internet's Dollar-Store Disappointment.

*cheers* about Liann's discovery of Dollar Store STAR WARS RIPOFF TOYS?!? Awesome!

*faints*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.