Edmonton Out and About...The E-town Toy Scene

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by JawaGirl, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Internet Jedi Knight

ya, star wars bootleg toys are so weird, bootleg toys in general are weird. There are a bunch of marvel and star wars ones at the dollar store in meadowlark to

Edit: Swearing
  2. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    Ouch.

Easy on the F-bombs, they don't take to kindly to those words around here.
  3. JawaGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    So anyone receive their 2004 fanclub membership kit in the mail? I got mine today, it is pretty neat.
    I won't ruin the surprise unless someone asks ;)

JawaGirl :)
  4. Hollywood_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 1
    ruin the suprise please, at least for me in a pm.
  5. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    Mine just showed up today.
  6. JawaGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    So, what did you think?

7. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    [Vader]Impressive... Most impressive.[/Vader]
  8. Hollywood_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 1
    I bought the 'saga red leader' x wing at toys R us west end for 40 bucks. That was 2 days ago and there was 11 of them there, so who knows now.
  9. Hollywood_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 1
    does anyone know when the vaders tie fighter is going to be released in canada?
  10. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    I think in August, thats what a guy in Calgary said at the Chinook toy store.
  11. Hollywood_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 1
    is anyone here selling anything at all star wars related?
  12. Hollywood_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 1
    save on foods is selling the c-3p0 and red battle droid twin packs along with the yoda and super battle droid packs for 4 bucks!
  13. JawaGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's sweet!

14. astrozombie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the tip! *jumps on bike*

I have also discovered an obscure dollar store in the Belmead (182st and 90ave abouts) area that has Queen Amidala mini-backpacks.
    They are shiny and pink and 4 or 6 dollars.
    No Edmonton FanForce male should be without one.
  15. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    "IT COULD GO WITH MY QUEEN AMIDALA MAKEUP KIT!!!!" :p

Thanks for the tips folks :)
  16. Hollywood_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 1
    seems to me that dollar stores often end up with weird cool buys. like the one by my house that used to have clone troopers and stuff.
  17. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Wal-mart ( I think ) is supposed to be offering some cheap goodies soon (if not now). I forget where I heard this...
  18. Hollywood_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 1
    right now they got bossk and dengar and admiral veers holographic luke, hoth luke and a couple onthers on for 8.92$

toys are us is selling the sail barge 4 pack with han 3 skiff gaurds and that giant gun.
  19. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    I paid a visit to a a local Antique Mall in strathcona and there are some great vintage figures there, some pretty cheap!!!!!

20. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Just dropping by to see how the collecting is going out here. Have you been getting the OTC figures out here in the local stores...
  21. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I picked up some figures at Save-On-Foods a couple of weeks ago - Jango, Vader and Luke. It wasn't easy either......had to deek out my husband who was trying to block my view....LOL They were $3.99 each.
  22. ms_ventress Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello,

I have been all over and calling for the OTC and the VOTC series. And where do I find them... Calgary. Cheaper figures and cheap shipping. I called a store called Chinook Hobby West and they had all the figures I was looking for. I got Bespin Leia the VOTC Leia and Unleashed Leia (which I have been serching for since she got released, the first time). Edmonton has some stuff but its always way overpriced in the Comic & collectable stores. And I can never find the ones I want at the big retail stores.

Bah, I will be forever surfing Ebay.

Well there you go. I may be complaining to much. But I mostly collect only the female Star Wars figures and there are not many of them and they are hard to find...

I am still looking for Padmé Lars Homestead, Padme Secret Cememony, and Ayy Vida Twi'lek Club Patron. If anyone knows where I can find those figures and I don't have to go in debt to get them let me know.

Thanks a million.

Erin
  23. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    I found a few OTC at Walmart in the North end here. But there was only three left when I found them, so I have Han, Chewie and Bespin Luke. If anyone else in the city knows where to find these figs, let me know!
  24. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ummmm....maybe at Dave's house? We could plan a raid...it's not like he could stop all of us at once. Someone could distract him by trying to touch the new Cylon costume and the rest of us could run up the stairs and grab as much as we can. Who's in??
  25. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.