main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Out and About...The E-town Toy Scene

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by JawaGirl, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    So this guy has lots of figures?

Does he? I love looking at other peoples collections. Except I don't know many people that do. Just me, my BF and my friend Rob. But none of ours are really that big.

Seriously if anyone know where I can get the 3 figures I listed in my last post. Tell me!

Thanks,

Erin

2. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Erin....we'll start you off slow. First we'll take you to John's because he has a really nice collection of all of the plates. And then we'll go to Kevin's. He has a large collection by most standards....and some really fabulous higher end stuff like Master Replica lightsabers etc. Then we'll go to Dave's. Dave doesn't even know what he has anymore I'm sure. You will be blown away.

3. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    That is crazy cool.

The most Star Wars figures and things I have seen ever are just at stores. I am sad.

I am excited to see the collections. And to meet everyone!

4. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Wow, I am honored to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Kevin and Dave!!!! ;)

Their collections are truly stellar!

5. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Hi Erin,

Welcome aboard. It's always a pleasure to meet new people who has the same interests as the rest of us. I hope that we all can meet up with you.

As for the comment of distracting me long enough to grab my stuff.... the rest of the other people don't know that I've got a force field around each of my displays. So come and try *lol*

Feel free to give me a shout in the evenings if you like to take a look at my displays as I work in the daytime. It would be a pleasure to meet you. By the way... you have a very nice costume. Dave :)

6. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    Coolness...

I am excited.

Thanks for the complement on the costume.

My first thought of making this costume was when I saw the Shaak Ti action figure. I actually worked at the West End Toys R Us about a year and a half ago during the summer and I saw the figure and showed it to my friend and he was like, "you can't make that costume, look at the horns!"

I worked on it all summer cause I knew that I would have no time in the Fall cause I was in my third year of Visual Communication Design at Grant Mac and its and insanely busy course.

Then my friend had a Halloween Party... I showed him... He was like "YOU DID IT!" He kept staring at me all night, in disbelief. I won the Grant Mac Costume contest- Most Creative costume that day, the ET Special Edition DVD.

I had lots of fun making it. But it was before all the pictures of Shaak Ti that you can find all over the web. I had like two pictures from the Official Site and my action figure.

Hope you all are excited to see it.

See you soon!

7. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    That's great to hear I now have several more places to try...I have been hunting down the Leia Unleashed forever !!! [well not really but it seems like it when you hit about 14 stores across the country with no luck]. I love the Unleashed series that would be my favourite of all that I have seen so far.

I have no collection, I send everything to my bf, who has a kickin' collection. He's really into Vader but has everything---including a 7'something statue of Jar Jar in his livingroom.

8. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    As for me... I've always been a big fan of the Stormtroopers. Since I was a litte kid... I've always wanted to be one. It was about 2 yrs ago that I decided to buy one. It's been a lot of fun wearing it around the city... well there are aches and pains that go with the costume but worth it... so I keep telling myself *lol*.

It's pretty kewl to make your own costumes. I wish I knew how to sew... but have no clue as to how to do it. I just buy mine... its much easier ;) but harder on the pocket book. I'm sure you will get along with the girls as they know how to sew.

9. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Ahh yes the ebdless costumes :). Nice to meet you Ms Ventress.

Glad everyone is keeping up with toys and such

:)

10. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    O.k. I'm a little behind but, such is life. :D Welcome to the boards ms_ventress! I love it when a costumer sneeks in. :D Chinook and Hobby is like a pilgramage site to some of us. I don't collect much, mostly the books and some of the lego, but my aunt's speciality is the 12". Chinook was in an even bigger mess than usual so I'm hoping they might be getting more stock in.

11. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    went to chinook and hobby this week, lots of cool stuff, if I'd known in the past they had star wars stuff I would have gone in with my dad whenever he went there train shopping rather than waiting in the car :p

12. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    I am happy now. My boyfriend got me the Padme Lars' Homestead yesterday. I like the outfit alot that she is wearing. Paint job on the face is meh. But I almost have all the Padme figures now, I just need the wedding dress one and the rare episode 1 ascension gun one that costs freaking lots of money... jeez i think the thrill of collecting is quest in finding the damn toys.

Dent in the wallet.. But on the other hand at least I don't collect diamonds.

13. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I saw some OTC figures at zellers at wem they had a Dengar, Chewbacca, Captain Reiken and C3PO

14. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    The OTC are mostly re-packs. Except for some of the characters in the Bespin wave. The new Leia is cool in her pink dress! The VOTC is the sweetest with all the super articulation and new sculpts. And the packaging is so old-school... even the Kenner logo is on the card. I got the New Hope Leia from the VOTC and it has got to be the cutest, most awesome figure of Leia. She looks sweet and innocent.... and then she comes with a big ass gun. Star Wars is sweet!!!

Well just letting you know how I feel... Oh and I watched ESB this weekend cause I couldn't go outside... Blah.. I'm moving the Bahamas as soon as I win the lottery!

15. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Hi Guys and Gals,

I just got back from TRU (Toy R US) on the WestEnd. There are 3 Votcs' of Ben and Han left. If you guys are interested... I would suggest that you get there quickly. It won't last long :)

16. TK1780

TK1780 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    Hey guys

On the toy related topic. Has anyone run accross the New Unleashed Tusken Raider & Bounty Hunter Bossk ?

I know they have been released but havent run accross them yet. If you see them let me know. I want to get a least 1 of each before Dave buys them all up.

Ted

17. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    Ted,

There are some at Chinook and Hobby. You should reserve them if you want them. I don't have them myself yet. Should I get them? ;)

18. TK1780

TK1780 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    Dave

Whats the odds on Toys R Us getting them in ? I like there prices a bit better than Chinook.

But yes if you feel overly generous you could buy some for a friend. I am good for it .... Honest !
    (lol)

Ted

19. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    Hello, people.

Just to let you collectors know I have found a few places with the new Star Wars releases, here is the list!

Star Wars Miniatures (came in today) @ Warp 1, not too bad priced. (I have a guy there that calls me when ever new Star Wars stuff comes in)

Unleashed Aayla, Bossk, and Tusken Raider @ Comic King in WEM, also not bad priced!

Unleashed Luke (green lightsabre swoosh) & Darth Sidious, (this is also the series that is supposed to have Leia in it, but I have not see her) @ Zellers (I have only seen them at WEM Zellers but I'm sure they will pop up other places)

I have seen, OTC and VOTC at Zellers around the city and Toysrus is starting to bring them out.

Well I hope that helps you guys!

20. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    Oh, yah.

Warp 1 also got lots of Star Wars Miniature posters, for promotional purposes, but you guys should ask anyway if you want one. It is a pretty sweet poster. It has Luke and Vader fighting on one side and all the miniatures on the other, including the rarity of each.

21. ms_ventress

Aug 10, 2004
    Yahhh I just got the Padmé Wedding Ceremony figure!

I am just happy.

I only need one more Padmé figure to finish my 3 3/4" collection of her figures (before new ones come out for Episode 3 or other ones). The Episode 1 with Ascension Gun. But she's pretty rare.

Oh well.

22. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    If anybody sees the "new" original trilogy carded figures on sale anywhere, please let me know... I refuse to pay 15 bucks for them!

23. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Wal-mart had some in Hinton. something like $9-12

24. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    $9 isn't too bad, but still a bit much for those I think...

Maybe I will have to wait for a bit till they come down in price...

25. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    not such a good deal once you count the gas money that it will take to go buy them :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.