main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    You’ve been here before. Maybe everybody doesn’t know your name, but they definitely smile and say hi when you come in the door. It’s the neighborhood bar in every sense of the word. It’s got no lack of character and it’s familiar and homey. There’s never a cover and no matter what it seems like they can always squeeze in a couple more bodies whether it’s the cold of winter or the heat of summer. The food may not be fancy, but it’s good and the kitchen’s fast. The servers are attentive—not to mention pretty good looking too. There’s a full bar and a row of taps with something to keep everyone happy. In a slow moment, the bartender will be happy to shoot the breeze and keep your whistle plenty wet. In one corner’s a pool table that’s in use more often than not (but watch out for the old ladies—you wouldn’t think it, but they’re real hustlers). The outside patio with strings of light crisscrossing overhead is a fine place to relax on a warm summer night, but any time of year there’s the fire pit you can cozy up to. It’s never too loud to have a good conversation with a friend, but it’s always a good time.

And most importantly, the game is always on. If it’s being played, you can watch it here. Doesn’t matter who you cheer for, you’re always welcome here…though you might have to take some good-natured ribbing from your fellow patrons. There’s always the suspense of a game coming down to a wire, the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat, high fives, heads in hands, and everything in between.

Welcome to Out of Bounds, the Elite League Limmie OOC thread. Let the commentary, trash talk, bragging, teasing, debates, congratulations, and—most importantly—the games begin.

A quick reminder before we all get chatting...
    This thread is specifically for OOC chat related to Elite League Limmie. It is not for general chat about world events, actual sporting events, or the weather, among other things. Please discuss those things in Hooper McFinney's as that is the proper place for that discussion.
    That being said, have fun!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Okay, first OOC item of business: does anyone know the permboard name for Teegirl? Before I launch the ABC, I want to make sure she's still in.

Also guys, yes, I know. The Library thread is a victim of the 10,000 character truncation. We'll do the best that we can until it's fixed. :) I mean who really ever looked at that anyways? ;)

--EDIT--

Quick note for everyone--when the old 10,000+ posts get restored, any edits that have been made since Xenforo went active will not carry forward. Therefore, just know that you should probably be keeping copies of anything you do if you do choose to make any edits.

3. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I have arrived.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    That have been made to TRUNCATED POSTS. Very specific criteria on that one.

That'd be JEDI_TEEGIRLOO

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm here but still on vacation through September 11 and will probably need a couple of days to recover after that before I'm fully back.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Go StarBucks, Go Mercs!

[​IMG]

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm just here for the food. :p

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Many thanks for the clarification and info Ramza!

9. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yep that's me I'm here:D

10. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Since this is an "out of character" thread, I guess there's no need to put the "OOC:" before whatever it is I say.

:oops:

:p

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I will say you are correct ;)

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Now we can trash talk have civil conversations with one another. :p

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Absolutely. And make wild predictions, the likes of which we cannot possibly influence or have reasonable expectations of coming true, like the fact that the Miners will finish the season 4-3, sneak into the playoffs on a hotly-contested tiebreak, and then upset two heavily favored teams to win the Galactic Cup.

Actually, on second thought, forget I said all of that. As the guy who posts the scores, I probably shouldn't do much speculating on what's going to happen. :D

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The die roller is a fickle being. You don't want to upset it. :p

15. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Can't wait to start playing the dragons:D

16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Just so I get everything straight... the Pilots will get owned by the Scholars on Saturday and the Marksmen will play mediocre against the Gundarks while the Monarchs continue to dominate the ELL versus the Mercs on Sunday, correct?

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Perhaps a tie is in order? :p Now that would be random.

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You know CPL_Macja, I'd say that's about right. But this prospect of a tie has me intrigued...

Of course, I'm only in control of only one of those factor at the moment. :D

19. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    And I would be in control of the tieing faction. :p

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And I'd just like to point out that JEDI_TEEGIRLOO has probably clinched a playoff berth in the Super 16 game with her fourth win this season. Beginner's luck I tell ya!

21. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    So is this where the Rough Riders home is gonna be for now?

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    In my experience, there's no such thing as luck. :p

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    JediMaster_1977, well the Rough Riders games will actually take place in this thread. But all OOC chatter will take place here, like discussions about upcoming seasons and any changes, or comments about games, like about what team ground AFA's offense to a halt this past weekend. I forget, can someone tell me what team did that? :D

Oh, speaking of which, many thanks to jcgoble for helping me get the post link formula down for these boards. I may see if I can compose a TOC I can keep a copy of in a Word document so I can put it in the Library thread's first page for your convenient reference. If I just do it, it'll get lost when the posts get restored. :)

24. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Well then how bout a coincidence.:p

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Or deal with the devil perhaps? ;)

...man THAT'S how I'll get the Miners a Galactic Cup! Why didn't I think of this sooner? Can my devil be one of those late 90s Liz Hurley ones? :D

Dubya_Scott likes this.