main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Ugh. Though new computers are cool, the operating system readjustment is always a little rough as is the file transfer stuff. No worries on replies and the like. We'll get something worked out if need be.

And I had a sudden thought this morning. I think all these female athletes Jedi Gunny finds to use for his character pics are girls he's trying to impress. "Look, you're now a character in this really awesome game! And I'm so good at it you'll be a champion by the end of the season." :p

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Is that what you were trying with Emma Stone? :p

[​IMG]

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Me? Impress girls?

You overestimate my chances. :p

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    She and I have an understanding. I only save her from a zombie apocalypse if she has a lifetime supply of red hair dye. None of this blonde Gwen Stacy stuff.

Actually, in the last incarnation of the game when my roommate kinda-sorta played the Senators, I made his girlfriend the MVP of their 255 team.

In the event a female member of the Bakura Miners ever clotheslines Alana during a practice, you may safely assume that said player is likely based on a significant other of mine who has taken an interest in this game. And is probably the jealous sort. :p (I can tell that everyone is now hoping I find said girl so they get to see this moment.)

Overestimated chances? Well those are the best sort. After all, if the odds were really good, then the goods would be really odd. ;)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I would be flattered if a guy role played me as an athlete in a RPG.

Until he starts cancelling our plans to participate in RPG activities, then he starts losing points.

Trieste likes this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That's a fantastic, especially show the playoffs as you do! Wow, that's super complete! I really like it! The only thing I can think of is that when in the former game we had a Wiki for it, somehow we set up the tables so you could sort them. So if you wanted to easily see who was top/bottom in point scored and then look at points allowed, you could easily do it. That's such a minor tweak given then overall look and feel here, which is just outright impressive. Nice work. :)

I need to find a nice girl like you, RJR. One that will put up with this insanity that is ELL. :D I guess I need to start hitting the sports bars.
    "Hey do you like spots?"
    "Yeah!"
    "Do you like fictional sports that come down to random chance and have no internal rhyme or reason?"
    "...I think I have to go wash my hair right now."
    "But wait! I won last season! Come back!"

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Actually I sorta met my husband through the internet. I forget how, but I stumbled upon a group of people from the area I just moved to who were meeting up to see Ice Age so they could see the AOTC trailer. I went just to try and meet people with similar intrests (in this case SW). The guy who I eventually married was someone else who showed up that night.

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That is awesome. End of discussion.

10. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    How about now?

Oh... what was Kerry Trieste doing in 246?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Beautiful!

Let's see, in 246 she was a tender 27 years old. I need to check. By then she may have just won her Bakuran Senate seat for southeast Salis D'aar in a special election, however I'm not sure. If she wasn't she was working for the party national office. I will investigate. I know where to find that information so it's just a matter of remembering when I get home. ;) If it matters, at that time her father Fionn was still very much Chairman of the Miners.

12. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Hey Trieste I have a question for you if you want to PM me. It regards Rough Rider off season stuff

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The Mercs pick is in and the Smugglers are on the clock!

I know some of you don't listen to the music posted, but if you do, get ready for more Bear McCreary and NuBSG music this season from the Mercs. ;)

[​IMG]

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I bet Liam won't be happy to see his "Suck for Fortune" campaign turn out to be for naught.

And the fact that my mock draft was once again wrong. :p

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Fortune has been my target all along (though not worth trading up to get). To be honest I was surprised to see him get past the second pick. ;)

I really did try to shop the pick to the Miners too, but that was a no go. :p

[​IMG]

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Damn, I didn't add enough suspense to my post to really make you bite your nails, did I? :p

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I had a reasonable plan C, (Plan B was to trade the pick) which was pretty much in line with your mock draft (for the first round anyway). :p

[​IMG]

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Good to know that someone is at least thinking about my predictions. :D

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Of course I did. You put alot of hard work into those, and it is not as if who we take really matters anyway. :p

[​IMG]

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Limmie isn't real?!! :eek::eek::eek:

:p

Dubya_Scott likes this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

Real enough. I root for "real" sports teams and have more control over whether my meshgeroya team wins thean a "real" team anyway. :p

[​IMG]

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Meredith Chambers just took a precipitous drop in my Duchess Eldin rankings...assuming anyone ever finds out about how she handles her rookie talent. [face_laugh]

23. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Another quick note... I have done a minor update to front page of the Wiki... like in the library I have placed a chart of the picks... once the season starts this will be moved to its own article complete with Jedi Gunny's mock draft

Enjoy

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    And with the conclusion of the 271 season, I am now officially bowing out. As I stated before, do whatever you want with my players and teams. These past few limmie seasons have been a hell of a lot of fun. Thanks everybody. And thanks for putting up with my never-ending hockey and Slap Shot references. (Now, whenever you watch the movie, you'll think of me. :p ) I'll be back periodically to say hi and see how the league is going. See you all later.

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Oooooooh, pretty chart. Though now I am flashing back to the second season premiere of The League. I should probably say no more. But if you've seen that episode you'll know what I'm talking about.

But more importantly, Dubya, it has been a true pleasure and a ride to say the least. See you around!