Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.
Yes because jcgoble3 is easily confused with CPL_Macja
He is still caught up in the euphoria of winning the Cup, I expect even more mistakes from him this year.
I'd like to point out there's a C within the first two letters of both usernames. And that the Columbus Blue Jackets and Detroit Red Wings were playing so obviously I had both of you guys on my mind.
I asked a similar question in another thread ealier and CPL did not appreciate it, but I will ask here again anyway. Red Wings? Blue Jackets? Are those PLL teams?
Once again Bardan_Jusik:
Those actually aren't bad names for some PLL teams now that I think about it.
I hear Mick Hancock, the Miners' initial head coach in this game, is coaching those Red Wings these days. Gives some good halftime interviews too.
He left UB, Cape Suzette to coach hockey?
No, to coach ice limmie. Very popular on Hoth.
Great. Now I am waiting for someone to create a team from Hoth.
Well, there's always a possibility that there is such a team in the ABC.
Please tell me they play in a dome!
I actually wasn't sure if the Waves played in a Dome. But given their climate I made the logical assumption that they did.
A dome makes a lot of sense for them. I think it's kind of a given that they do.
The Hoth Wampas...now that'd be a team to have join us.
*Deep Announcer Voice*
In a galaxy, far, far, away, there exists one of the most competitive, dangerous, and thrilling sports leagues in the galaxy. You've long feared their arrival. Had nightmares about what they could do to your favorite Limmie star and hid under your blanket thinking of the myriad of ways they could come after you. Now, the risk of serious injury and death has only multiplied as the forces of evil have assembled a team straight from the hells of Hoth. Introducing the Hoth Wampas. If you thought Wookiees and Trandoshans were frightening, think again.
[Scene cuts to a child being comforted by his parent in the bedroom]
"Dad? Are the Wampas really going to join the Elite League?"
"I'm afraid so."
"But why!" The child cried out, tears coming to his eyes.
"Well, see, there's this rule in the ELL book about making sure that minority species have a fair shot at landing a spot in the league and we wouldn't want to discriminate--" the father tried to explain but was cut off by an angry slash through the air.
"But they'll rip Meredith Chambers apart! They'll find Red and pour hot Gundarkade down her throat! Gark S'rily will look like a wet cat! No amount of play by play from Marte Nalo can save us! And then they'll eat Zeke Barbosa for lunch and look for more in Dawn Solo! Even Lucie, whose got all the dance moves, can't run away! Not even Beskaryc Taab can protect us now!" the child wailed.
"I think you need to lay off the Gundarkade, son. You're getting a little carried away."
[Dramatic images of Wampas rampaging through Hoth are shown]
"Wampas. So scary, even Luke Skywalker ran away from them."
I haven't even cheered in an official game yet and I'm already wampa bait.
A GCLA game is an official game. We're all pros here.
After seeing this .gif, I am now trying to work out a way to fit it into next season..
That is hilarious solely for the terrible, terrible diving.
There is another gif that I dare not disclose for fear you guys will steal it from me that I *know* I will work into my posts this year somehow. Probably against Vandelhelm. Speaking of which.
Spoiler alert in the season: the Miners will have Vandelhelm as their repeat non-conference opponent.
The schedule will be released today, probably in the evening. It is 98% perfect. The remaining 2% is that the only way we could make it work was if Bakura once again had 4 home games and Nadiem/Ralltiir had 3 home games for the second straight year. However, as Runjedirun has said she's okay with it, I'm now treating it as a victimless crime.
I also wanted to give you all something to complain about with the Miners.
Any crime against an incoming team is victimless.
Yeah that kind of diving is the sort of thing I see Glencross doing, and getting away with it every time.
Technically the scheduling isn't Trieste's fault...
Its mine as the adjunct scheduling coordinator.
Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6
Dammit, Bardan! You see what you've done now that you killed off the scheduling chairman?!
Two years in a row the Mercs had to play at Bakura coupled with a four game road trip to start the season. Scheduling chairman got what was coming to him.
ok yeah I had no problem with playing at Bakura two years in a row, but IC Taab never would have. I thought his actions were actually fairly restrained, he could have made an example out of the chairman. Of course Taab has his own issues now.
Thanks Bardan you just gave me an idea for my storyline for this season thanks