main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    You're weird though :p I've never been and I'm meeting a JC friend there so you'll all just have to wait :D

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    No use arguing that. :p

[​IMG]

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    But you're picking London over Sweden. SWEDEN. Land of IKEA, delicious meatballs, and women who were probably the inspiration for creating a society dominated by beautiful women in the EU that we now call Hapans.

4. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm LIVING in Sweden right now and have been since January :p London is my spring break trip.

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I would pick living in Sweden over visiting London. Then again, I am a guy who kind of has a thing for Hapans. Yes, I just said I have a thing for fictional characters. Like redheads, which as one friend said, "are apparently like human unicorns."

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    It's really not that exciting. The people are really nice and polite but not like magically any more attractive than anywhere else. It's basically like any other country and if I don't go somewhere for spring break I'll just end up sitting around in res the whole time.

I have a thing for a lot of fictional characters, I don't judge :p

7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    And some not-so fictional characters ;) :p

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

8. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Ok I'm stuck. Anyone got any ideas of how to proceed with the events I created? Trieste you make it sound like its gonna branch out to other games/teams

9. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You can see how my character and team reacted to this weeks events in my new post if that helps JM.

10. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    great now I've made everyone scared to play Limmie[face_sigh]

11. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    As I see it you are only 1/3 of the problem. One owner was killed this week another is a prison escapee. Who should feel safe in this league?

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The GM post is the realistic reaction of the League to two teams basically being involved in terrorist events. Pro sports teams are very high profile. The League would be very understandably concerned about this and want to assure fans that it is safe to attend games. Empty seats are expensive things to have.

As for the owners, I'd like to point out that another sampling of three owners gives you the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic (Kerry Trieste of the Miners), the family dynasty behind the second largest-organized interstellar government (the Roon Trade Organization, run by the Vehn family), and royal industralists (the K'ntarr Family). Everybody else...well, I have no idea who owns the Storm, Starkillers, Lightning, Rough Riders, or Crazy Dragons. Though I'm pretty sure Jerry Jones owns the Vandelhelm Jets. ;)

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    The Lightning are owned by a Hutt who's part of one of the bigger Hutt crime families, though with her hands in enough legitimate stuff no one's really sure, and the team just looks the other way as long as they get their money. At least no one dies.

14. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    And it's also tells me how far the Premier League has fallen in the graces of this game. Their commissioner is found dead and not even a peep is mentioned.

Plus this isn't the first time that terrorism has taken place inside the context of the game. There was the terrorist attack that took out the blasters Stadium which touched off the war that the Monarchs players were involved in so for most of us will probably acknowledge the tragedy that is happened but will most likely try to push past it for the good of the game .

15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The Storm are owned by the great-grandson of the original owner, who pretty much lets the GM and head coach run the team's affairs. Nothing special there.

As for the draft: I intend to participate, but need to generate my three players to submit.

16. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You want terrorism? Look at my 266 subplot. ;) Of course, the truncation issue makes it hard to follow.

And Bardan, you just happened to beat me to killing off a main character. :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm not believing that Ryi Kor'le is dead until I see the body.

CPL_Macja likes this.
  18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Exactly

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Thirded.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well it seems someone else is eager to learn her fate as well. ;)

[​IMG]

21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    So help me if the Mercs lose and you use the 'I didn't have my best players in' excuse I am going to scream!

Trieste likes this.
  22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    She wouldn't go die off when she's under contract to play Limmie. :p

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh that's a good excuse. I may have to use that now if things don't turn out well. Of course I have no intention of losing the season finale so it may be a moot point, but thanks for the idea! :p

[​IMG]

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    He only brought it up because I did a few years back. But half my team was missing at the time. :p

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

As for Ryi. The raid on Kamino may or may not be the last time any of you (or Taab) ever sees of her. ;)

[​IMG]