main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Mhmm... but I haven't posted here yet... my weaknesses are UNKNOWN

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You just posted right there. See? :p

3. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Not in the IC thread... other than my CS, that is. But feel free to draft me up a schedule, professor :p

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Ok, it is official. Meshgeroya, Limmie, the ELL, whatever you want to call it, this game has now been raised to the status of starting to take over my life. Last night I had a dream about this game. Yes, about the ELL thread in particular. But not about any of the on the field stuff, oh no nothing so pedantic. In my dream Taab had become somewhat remorseful of his past deeds and had sold the Mercs do go about the galaxy doing good works. How did he do this you ask? I will tell you.

Taab went the "Gark" route and used the money from the sale of the team to upgrade his beskar'gam to fantastic levels. Not only did he have a jetpack, but his armor itself could fly. He shot blaster beams from his palms, and all sorts of other great stuff. He then adopted the moniker of "Iron Man" and went about blasting bad guys and saving the day for the forces of good. Yes this dream came complete with sound effects from the Iron Man and Avengers movies.

I hate you all for doing this to me. :p The storylines this season, the crazy cliff hangers and situations all our characters have found themselves in this past season. I blame them and all of you for this dream. This game is crazy, and so are all of us who play it. It has been great! :D

Now, bring on the playoffs!

[​IMG]

5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I still hate the Mercs

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  6. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Trieste's schedule (which given his propensity to take the minimum number of classes required would constitute twice his regular class load from when he actually attended college):

Women's Studies 117: Great Redheads in History
    Mathematics 1: Basic Addition and Subtraction to Create Simple Statistics
    Political Science 142: Interstellar Governance Made Easy
    Business 75: Intermediate Sports Management
    Legal Studies 129: Law as Practiced on TV
    Geology 67: Emma Stone (obviously a night school class)

--EDIT--

That is fantastic Bardan_Jusik. I think you just made my morning. :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You're forgetting Lunch. :p

And Bardan, I think you should heed your dream and do that. You know, because that would be seriously awesome. :D

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] The super hero angle has been done already. I will look for something else to do next season. :p

[​IMG]

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    But we could do the whole "Avengers" shtick. :p

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!

I just realized how we can force Bardan_Jusik 's hand. Jedi Gunny you have to let me win next week (because I'm sure you can convince the dice roller). A Miners/Mercs Solo Conference championship? Ryi Kor'le cannot stay dead for that. She will pull a Bride-style breakout of her coffin to get to Mesh'la Vhetin for that. Seriously.

Two other notes: I have been notified that JediMaster_1511 has recently returned to the boards and is attempting to transition into the game. I have reached out to him to see if he wants to resume playing the Jets (they could certainly use him after this season). If he does, that means we are expanding to a 12 team league, likely with 5 conference games and 2 non-conference games. Which basically means that the conference schedule means everything. Oh wait, it already is.

Also, the Draft teams are now set with all 10 teams participating. I will be performing HSN scouting rankings later today.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] mine would suffer in comparison to what you did Gunny. I have a few ideas I am considering, nothing as fun as what I did this past season though.

EDIT: But how would Glencross react to playing a Conference title game without Kor'le even being there? Now that could be a fun writeup for you Trieste. ;)

[​IMG]

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Or to what I'm going to do. [face_mischief]

At least, next season. :p

13. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    also Trieste you have to let me win this week for my storyline idea to work. trust me youll all love it :)

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Fat chance. You deserve to get your ass kicked after three blowout wins in a row in the series. ;)

Trieste likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    HSN Scouting rankings are up.

I'm pretty sure that there's one player ranking in particular that's going to cause a lot of controversy and draft drama.

16. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I find it interesting you put 2 of my guys as 1 2 in the offense section

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, someone . . . and I'm not naming names to protect the innocent . . . did make the playoffs. [face_whistling]

I wonder who that could have been.

18. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And by "you", you are referring to the fickle dice roller, which giveth and it taketh away.

I think I may start calling the dice roller Zod.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  20. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    sure why not :p I still think it interesting the dice roller put a pregnant women 2 overall in the offense section

Liam_Vehn likes this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
  22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Shush, you! Read the thread! :p

Gargova must have made an impression in previous seasons, because she certainly isn't playing now (and because I bet the Academy would've tossed her when they found out).

Oh, and one of the players on defense is apparently actually a forward. I think there's a mistake with the rankings when an offensive player is already listed on defense.

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And yet we still have the east coast bias Core world bias. [face_laugh]

And oops! I did place Julius Winifred in the wrong category! He has now had a spot in the forwards randomly assigned to him...and it turns out to be a terrible spot. Maybe he'd be better on defense where he was ranked fourth? :p

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I thought you wouldn't complain about that. :p

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I have never understood offsides (well, technically I do understand it...I just don't understand it) so when it comes to the Senator's point...

"I'll allow it."

:D

But really Gunny? Semi-Pro? Is there any sports movie you haven't seen?

Jedi Gunny likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.