main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    If you do that I can easily edit them into the proper season layout

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm on it today. :)

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Both 1 and 2, actually. The wiki is naturally suited to this, but it also makes sense to post it in the library thread for quick reference, since some of us are more accustomed to looking things up there. So the 273 season library thread post would contain not just standings and stats, but the schedule, updated each week with game scores. Likewise, we would have an article on the wiki for each season giving the same information. We can then look things up wherever is more convenient at the moment. Does tht make sense?

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Ah, so you were advocating both rather than either. Putting it on the Wiki definitely makes sense. Would you only want the current season's schedule posted in the library thread or would you advocate having all seasons' week-by-week results in the library thread??

5. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I was thinking all seasons, each in the same post as that season's final standings. That way we can go back and see what our record is against a particular team and that kind of thing.

EDIT: I should add that the current season is more important to do now; previous seasons aren't urgent and can done over time as your schedule permits. :)

EDIT 2: In other news, Futures League scores are up. Defense seems to be the name of the game thus far, even with the reduced maximum score.

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The 273 season is up in the WIki right now and holy frick, that's some gorgeous formatting CPL_Macja! I was doing some in the 272 season post but I think I'm going to abandon that because obviously you're making it super duper pretty. Unless my formatting in the 272 post helps you?

7. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    What you are doing in 272 is fine... keep doing it for the rest... I'll adjust it as I get time

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Roger roger.

By the way, not a bad start for the Rovers to the Super 16 season! They seem to do really well in interdivision play. Cordell seems to have that team down to a well oiled machine.

9. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I have finished with the 273 ELL Season page (for now at least). I will work on the S16 & past seasons as I get time.

Please let me know what you think and as always feel free to add to the League Business section any pertainate stories that stand out during the season.

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That is so pretty! Now that I have a fully drawn up template, I might see about trying my hand at doing some formatting myself to bring a previous season up to snuff to see if I can get the hang of it.

And speaking of which, I had a thought last night after hockey practice: jcgoble3 would it serve our purposes to add a link to every library thread season post linking to the Wiki to drive people there? The formatting is just gorgeous and I feel like it would be great to have people benefit from the sophistication of the Wiki templates while still maintaining basic stats in the library thread.

11. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Cool... just a heads up though, I am looking at changing the infobox slightly and any season prior to 271 is going to be a different infobox all together

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Duh, why didn't I think of that? :p Of course that would work. Go for it!

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Roger roger. With no conferences in that period that makes sense.

14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I've caught up to the 269 season on the Wiki, but 270 still needs to be added.

15. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I have completed the infobox for seasons prior to 271 and have created the 270 ELL Season.

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Liam_Vehn, that was a great post. You had me laughing from the very first sentence. [face_laugh]

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I don't think Meredith Chambers is angling for the Duchess Eldin Award this year! [face_laugh]

18. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    No, she wants something bigger than the Duchess Eldin :p Glad you guys liked it.

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think she wants the Best Actress Award from the Galactic Academy of Arts and Holo Pictures Association. I think the statuette looks like her uncle Oscar. :p

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Runjedirun I wouldn't be surprised if word spreads about public practices for the Starkillers' dance team and the public parks become rather crowded!

21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    WHAT? We went three days without a post in here? What's wrong with everybody? :p

22. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I was thinking the same thing...

That too jcgoble3

23. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    (Stupid hiccup)

24. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Always good to get people outdoors!

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I have nothing to add to the discussion, hence I haven't said anything.