main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Glad everyone enjoyed the video. I would do more but they are time consuming and time is of the essence. Here's to a thrilling 273 season with a great group of guys (and gals!) and loads of fun ;).

Loving all the posts so far and look forward to those in the works.

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    The up-to-date stats are posted on the Wiki ;)

Things will get interesting when conference play starts next week and I separate out those totals :p

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You forgot one thing, Bardan.

I'm Captain Jack Sp . . .

OK, screw that. I'm me. :p

Anyways, onto Limmie things: no, Trieste, I definitely won't do that to you. Although I do have plans down the road for other characters of mine . . . [face_devil] I did find that list of your hilarious, though. Made my day.

You do realize that 18 seasons, at 4 season per year, would stick us in 2017. After which the Mercs will probably still be looking for a title. :p And after Limmie becomes canon material after the scriptwriters for Disney decided Limmie needs its own SW film.

Besides, I still have the rest of the last Secret Notebook to complete. [face_mischief]

But I digress.

Actual Limmie Stuff: Conference play should be interesting. Got the Senatorial Showdown next week, so there's that for me to look forward to. Any ideas on what you want to do with that game, Trieste?

And Liam has the Burgundy and Green Brawl, so we get more Meredith Chambers farewell tour goodness.

Can the Solo Conference keep up this perceived dominance, or will it be superficial when conference play starts? Because the last two seasons, the champion from the "weaker" conference has won the Title, so everything is still very much up for grabs.

4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Call me Disney. We can work something out. [:D]

As for plans for the Senatorial Showdown, yes, I do have a little bit of one! Do you want me to PM you? It's a small pregame thing, but one that would involve some character interaction so I would want to get going with it so as to give you time to work it into your post.

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Bardan_Jusik, do we get the Tebow story with Tam now that she isn't even playing (since this is oddly relevant now)? :p You know, with the media circus and all, which eventually leads to a breakdown in the organization?

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I already did a media circus around Mitt Teebeaux or something like that. :p Of course, it was two seasons later that the Miners won a Cup once they jettisoned him. But media circuses are fun!

Oh--I had a thought last night. A couple of people had asked about Crendan Era schedules. I'm willing to do another data dump into the Wiki. I think CPL_Macja might be working on an infobox for the Wiki. Sadly very little of the season award history for the Crendan Era was saved so I don't have much in the way of Salbukk, Langann, Ingbrand, and Numifolis winners for that period, but I do have Commissioner's Trophy winners since I have final standings for every season. Stats could be recreated for each season too, which would remind me of what season Declan Adama and Gaeriel Valerii were both nominated for the Miners for the Salbukk because of their ridiculously absurd domination of the League.

Naturally, the Miners lost terribly in their first playoff game that season. :p

7. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I have the infobox created if you want to put the data out there.... just use the box on the 270 ELL Season page

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That infobox has MVP information in it. Will that field just not show up if no data is input? I can't remember.

9. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I see what you mean... let me fix it

Fixed.... use the new page I created for the 261 Season as an example

Trieste

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That looks great! I'll see about using it and get us all the way back to 246.

11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Hey, in case you didn't know, the conclusion of Gark's recent events can be found over in the Fanfic forum, just so you don't miss it. It even talked about limmie a bit.

For those of you who were curious, the Kerry Triestes flashback come from an old fanfic I wrote, The Annals of the Noble House of Trieste, Volume 9, not posted on these boards. Seeing as there's a couple hundred posts in it, that would be quite the undertaking to port it over. However, you're getting little glimpses of it with the current storyline. ;)

Oh, and I'm really disappointed that Ylesia and Bakura didn't get in a preconference game this year since a certain two teams will start a series tomorrow evening. :p I'll have to hold out hope for a Ylesia-Bakura Galactic Cup Final that will allow us to draw on plenty of inspiration from recent events. :D

--EDIT--

Okay, I am NOT triple posting here. But I've finished the Crendan Era season dump and it turns out we'll have to remake some of the standings for the earliest seasons.

But here's an interesting fact: the Coruscant Senators never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever won a Commissioner's Trophy. The one mountain Gark has left to climb...

Tags to jcgoble3 CPL_Macja Jedi Gunny Liam_Vehn as the big Wiki contributors.

--EDIT 2--

Because I still refuse to triple post. Bardan_Jusik there were so many great moments in your most recent post. Vornskr News? And Vhett's reaction? Classic.

And Vhett DOESN'T take the bet? Did not see that coming. I expect much glee from Setarcos.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Thanks!

I thought about the bet, and I wanted to go through with it, but I couldn't see Vhett doing it. She would think it was giving into someone else's idea, and she doesn't like that. Besides like you said I think the Monarchs and their fans can have a lot more fun with things going this way. :p I can hear the calls of "cowards" coming down from the stands already.

[​IMG]

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Only if fans can afford to attend the game :p

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Actually, this lends perfectly into my plans for the Mercs to lose face value. [face_devil] :p

And since when have we let a little thing called "money" dictate the terms of our game? [face_mischief]

15. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Guess who's not getting alerts for this again!

I have no idea what recent events you're referencing, Trieste, should I be nervous? :p

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    If it's what I think you mean, he's referring to my Week 2 game post and quick storyline. [face_peace]

Otherwise, he's just talking about the Wiki, and how we've filled it with our madness. :p

17. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    ***coughStanleyCupPlayoffscough***

But any who... just an fyi anyone is free to add to the league business sections for the seasons on the wiki.

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I forget he's a Sharks fan :oops:One of us will be in a bad mood very soon...

I'll have to add to the wiki at some point... later. Working on a post now.

And as a note, I'll be away the 9th-12th, going to be in Stockholm.

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up Rebecca_Daniels. Darn, sorry to hear that the boards are glitching on you. I'll try to remember to tag you to up the chances that you do get notices.

Jedi Gunny Correct--we rarely let things like credits get in the way of this game. I have referenced the fact that Kerry Trieste has maintained an internal cap since she had this ridiculous notion of actually making money on a sports team and not having it just be a giant ego thing for her. Please note the use of the word "just" in the preceding sentence. Because she totally does use the Miners to stroke her ego. ;)

CPL_Macja I'm going to try to wrap my arms around the playoff bracket and how to implement it so I can start to fill those in for everybody. I'd say that 90% of all seasons on the Wiki will use a 6 team bracket. First round, 6 at 3, 5 at 4. Second round, lowest remaining seed at 1, highest remaining seed at 2. And those two winners funnel into the Final, obviously. I'll have to rearrange each season depending on who wins the Quarterfinals, but otherwise it should be easy. 264 and 265 had 12 team playoffs that were a little weird though. In general I'd just like to learn more about implementing those infoboxes since they look so nifty when they've got info in them.

I'm going to be really interested to see what the standings look like come Sunday afternoon. Conference play should alter them radically.

Oh...speaking of which...since we're sadly losing Liam_Vehn as an active participant in the game, I thought I'd be proactive and mention that we're going to run into an issue at the end of this season. Liam has requested that I keep the Smugglers as an NPC team if there's room for one and that's a request I intend to comply with (even at the cost of dropping the Patriots again--please, dry your tears. I know you all love them as much as I do). However, if we don't add a new team, that would leave unbalanced conferences with 6 player teams in the Skywalker Conference and 4 teams in the Solo Conference. Dropping both NPC teams (Smugglers and Patriots) to take us to 10 and shifting one Skywalker team into the Solo Conference is an option...but having 6 team conferences is exponentially easier for me to schedule. As a result, I'd like to keep the 6 team conferences. One option is to move Chandrila or Nar Shaddaa to Skywalker (and break up a couple rivalries with either option) and move a Skywalker team to Solo. The other option is that we find at least one more player to join us and replace Chandrila. Long and short of this paragraph is that over the next two months if you run into anyone who might want to join ELL, let me know. :)

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    If we can't find any more players, keep Nar Shaddaa and Chandrila. I think that'll make for more interesting stories down the road (mostly because I'd hate to lose two of my biggest rivals).

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Perhaps this is the time to bring up a forthcoming extended absence, then... basically I'll be travelling around Europe between June 15th-ish and July 9th and there is pretty much NO WAY I can keep up on my RPGs during that time until I'm back home in Canada. So Ylesia's going to be abandoned during that time, which means you're going to be short another player for that month, but it's temporary. However, looking at the schedule... I'll probably be away during the next draft which could cause some problems.

3 days I figured weren't a big deal but a month... thought I'd give you some warning so we can figure out how that would work...

22. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Brooks is straight edge, he'd come up clean. :p

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It's fine, really. Ylesia can still participate in the league; they just won't have the bonus rolls. ;) Right, Trieste?

About the Draft, I have no idea.

24. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Mo different than not posting

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Correct--Ylesia is here but they'd get no bonus rolls. Having heads up on the notice is important so thank you Rebecca_Daniels! It helps a lot! This way I won't accidentlaly drop you from the League.

As for not being present during the Draft, you just won't participate that year. We've had player teams not participate in the past. The in-game reason for not participating is that to attract top talent, the League has instituted contract minimums in terms of length and salary amount. If teams don't want to be locked into paying players this amount of credits (maybe because of internal financial considerations or they see a weak draft shaping up that's not worth that kind of money), they can decline to participate.

Oh, a reminder to everyone--hence you're all getting tags--tomorrow is the roster freeze date! If you want to make trades or pick up free agents (found in this nifty thread), do so by tomorrow! I'll be culling some of the old free agents from the thread after tomorrow, mainly the ones that have been sitting there for two seasons without getting picked up by anyone.

Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny JediMaster1511 JM_1977 Liam_Vehn Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Teegirloo