main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    So I follow up a 0-0 regulation tie with a huge shootout. How typical of the dice to be nice and consistent. :p

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    In other news, the Futures League had a lot of close games this week. Two games won by a single point, another by two points, and a fourth by just five points. Even the other game was only a nine-point difference.

I expect to see some posts about these thrilling finishes. :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Here's a fun fact: Euceron and Ryloth are tied in overall standings, conference standings, and point differential. Euceron is tops in the Skywalker Conference right now because they have scored a whole 2 points more on the season than the Rough Riders. It's looking like it's going to be tight in the Skywalker Conference!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Is this the first time that we've ever had to go beyond point differential on tiebreakers?

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I doubt that's the case. Tiebreakers don't mean anything until the last week of the season, so there's plenty of time for things to change.

And Trieste, that was one hell of a hard fought game we had. Pretty sure both sides are going to be bruised after that one.

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Actuall jcgoble3 it's the first time I can recall! Usually head-to-head took care of it before I had to look at point differential. In the circular ties that I had, point differential took care of all of them. However, I didn't always do a full stat analysis midseason. Even so, pretty cool!

And yeah Jedi Gunny that was definitely a bruising game! I'm going to have fun with the postgame write up on it. :)

7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Did I read that right? Did all three non-bonus teams who were facing bonus teams win?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Wow, looks like it! That's very, very interesting! That definitely doesn't speak well to the bonus roll!

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    And next week I face an NPC team. Great. :p

[​IMG]

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And the Patriots aren't at all mad about losing the 266 Premiership to the Mercs. So that'll be a nice friendly game. :D

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh hadn't thought about that (it was before my time running the Mercs). I will make sure to incorporate that into my post this week.

[​IMG]

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah, that was part of Risca's tenure. It was the Merc's transition story into the Elite League. Since the library post is truncated, I pulled my original file on the 266 Premiership:

Premiership Final
    Stoney End Park, Hana City, Chandrila
    (9) Mando'ade Mercs at (1) Chandrila Patriots (19-11)

I seem to recall that there was some sort of pregame entrance by the Mercs involving their rocket packs. ;)

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    :cool: Thanks Trieste, I will make sure to use that.

[​IMG]

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That was the same year that the #3 Cloud City Sky Captains with a midfield duo of Alana Glencross and Everett North (on loan from the Miners for development) were downed by the Mercs in the Semifinal by a score of 8-7 and the Glencross/Kor'le rivalry was born, for reference. Also, 16 teams in the Premiership playoffs that year so you know how to put that #9 seed into context.

15. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Still plenty of games left in the season but the Smugglers are looking a little worn down. Maybe Chambers should've waited to announce her retirement until the very end.

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    16 teams in the playoffs? Wow.

I knew that was the start of the Glencross/Kor'le rivalry. Too bad we can't go back to it like that again, what with Korle dead and all....

...you know what is coming next.............

...but you have to wait for it...................

..........just a bit longer................

...or is she? :p

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Interesting point Liam--both teams who have had major retirement announcements at the start of the season lost today. That's an interesting correlation!

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I don't think there's that much correlation. :(

Except that next week one of those two teams will walk away with a victory. :p

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That noise you all just heard? That was my heart breaking as I read Jedi Gunny's post. No, not because the kid has poor taste and thinks Alysha Romax is the best midfielder in the galaxy (that Chiss should see Glencross play some time). It was an up-and-down ride to read that post!

Also, I just realized I forgot to use an awesome song for the write up on the Miners-Senators game. It's pretty perfect for a rock-em-sock-em game, but I guess I'll have to hold onto it for next season.

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Keep telling yourself that, Trieste. ;)

Because Alysha may now have some more incentive to prove why she's the #1 midfielder in the galaxy.

Hopefully you'll get to use it for the playoffs . . . especially if I win. [face_mischief]

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Nobody does playoff rivalry like Miners and Senators. Three playoff meetings plus the Thyferra meeting? That's good times. :D

22. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Loved the post Trieste... especially the part where Vesper stood up for Laura ;)

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I thought you'd especially like that part! I wasn't about to have that reference go without comment from her. Though the question is, if Falene entered the Draft, would the Monarchs add a second member of the Noble House to their roster? ;)

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    At this rate, CPL_Macja would have to trade up quite a few spots to get a chance at drafting such a blue-chip stud. ;)

25. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Trieste perhaps o_O

Jedi Gunny I'm not counting my chickens quite yet... we still have 4 more weeks of conference play to go and the Solo Conference is known for beating themselves up ;)