main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You're torturing us newer players with all of this backstory that we can't access. :(

But it's interesting to see how things have changed over the years.

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    It's torture to me that I can't whip it out in its entirety! I can only pull out singular moments as I can from the Annals of the Noble House of Trieste, volumes 8 and 9, my Trieste family stories prior to coming to these boards. I also have to scour another story that might be of interest to jcgoble3 depending on how this season goes...

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It gives you a chance to work on the here and now instead of being stuck in the past. ;)

Look at the Senators. They won't let a bad Crendan Era performance ruin them now.

4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Shoot, even in the year that the Monarchs had the best offense, had the best diff., won the Commissioner's Cup they still got bounced in the first round of the Galactic Cup
    :p

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I just need to post something, period. I haven't posted IC since the offseason. I have the idea for a post for this week ready; I just need to find the motivation to write it.

EDIT: I was replying to Trieste, but got double-ninja'd.

6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Do you remember what the web address was for the old game? or even where it was hosted?

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Pretty sure Trieste said earlier that the site with all of that stuff on it has disappeared. So we can't access it. :(

8. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    In my experience websites just don't disappear, there's record of it somewhere, believe me I just found a really crummy website I did 13 years ago :p

9. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    There is a website archive thing out there that used to go around taking photographs of websites and storing them. I think I remember stumbling across old web pages of Roleplayer Anonymous at one point and Jedi of the Old Code and then Untold Tales of the Galaxy. So, CPL_Macja, there you go, let's go hunting ;)

Found a link from one of our old members in RA.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-jedi-academy-roleplaying-community.13367194/

And then....

http://www.rpanonymous.com

But that was eleven years ago, good times, good times.

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    That would be the Wayback Machine, found at http://archive.org/web/web.php.

11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Thanks jcgoble3! Was able to view some of the pages from that first website. The very first adventure, Roleplayers Anonymous (Great name lol!). I'll go peering around Untold Tales of the Galaxy for some stuff.

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Note: though such searching is in service of providing backstory for this game, the mods have been a bit particular lately that discussion in OOC threads should pertain to the game at hand. If you asked me for an opinion, it's a gray area in our current instance, but let's steer away in this thread all the same. I'm probably guilty of steering the conversation in this direction, so that's why I'm taking a proactive approach to steer us back to ELL and the bone crushing games that will be played this Sunday. :)

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Welll.... if the League doesn't issue a ruling on the hit Laura laid on one of the three crazies then I will just go ahead and post as such :p

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You are literally asking for trouble, aren't you?

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes. Yes he is. :D

16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    When aren't I? o_O

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Vesper Lynd, newly minted assistant captain? Check.
    Setarcos getting frisky with the ownership? Check.
    A veiled reference to some plans that will require substantial amounts of credits withdrawn from a borderline illegal gambling account? Check.

Things are brewing on Rydonni Prime and I like it!

18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Obviously Vesper got her A after the family get together

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Clearly. I'm going to assume that the Noble House game raised her level of play so much that Setarcos thought, "Wow, she's really good now. I think she needs to be assistant captain."

By the way, do I recall some unresolved business between Alana and Setarcos from the 270 All-Star game? Weren't there intimations made? I don't remember exactly what they were though...

20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    He made a joking reference to what one of his players said to her just beforw the great quiet about her having an affair with Beks

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Ah! That sounds about right. I know it had to do with who she was supposedly keeping company with at night.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Trieste, given how late I posted this week, I certainly don't expect any kind of League response to "Barefoot's" petition before the Patriots match up. Feel free to drag that out for as long as you like. ;)

[​IMG]

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Thank you, I was just about to ask.

Also, HNGBC, Softball, and "a team of savages, playing in front of savage fans"--one of the most entertaining Jaya bits in some time!

And did Setarcos's blaster just become a rivalry trophy?

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Just wait until next week. I am going to do the Daily Show. :p

And yes, yes it did.

[​IMG]

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I forget if I did it here, but I did once have The Colburt Report humorously commenting on Kerry Trieste's electoral chances. Also, does the new Manda'lor get a pointy hat? :D Ooooooooh--just had a thought--with a Mercs home game he/she would probably want to zip over to Mesh'la Vhetin since all the mandos would be there to unveil him/herself.