main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I wish I wasn't, but with Bakurans through their organ replacement tend to live a ridiculously long time (Eppie Belden was around 130--aka almost two and a half times Kerry's current age--when she frigging led a revolution--and not just the "Oh I'm going to sit over here when people tell me what to do" kind of leading but the "I'm going to go personally capture the Imperial Governor who is also the sleazeball who killed my husband" kind of leading) the coincidences are stacking up. Sadly.

Except the Miners have actually won a championship in the last two decades. :p

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008

You do realize there is a way to change all of your problems with draft position. [face_whistling]

:p

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    He has two first rounders, he can easily trade up. :p

[​IMG]

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm going to need to see the HSN scouting rankings first to find out if I need to trade up. :D

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    He's just trying to draft Kitty Galore with the first overall pick. :p

6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    *takes note to dress owner and coach in protective gear at the draft*

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Sweet, I didn't realize the draftee list was up yet.

*starts plotting his draft*

EDIT: My owner, GM and coach always wear protective gear. :p

[​IMG]

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Says the man with the cat avatar. :p

But what was the Raiders' mistake? Telling anyone who they wanted to draft. The Miners shall not make that mistake!

*Cundertol locks himself in a capsule in a black hole until the draft*

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That's where his head is always stuck, so nothing is new there . . . [face_whistling]

Did I say that out loud? :p

And I have no idea who I'm going to draft yet. But I have plans. [face_mischief]

10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Is that to protect them from the fans, the media, their own team, or their spouses who really control the entire operation? [face_laugh]

Tag: Bardan_Jusik

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yes.

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 and CPL_Macja like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Voting is now open for season awards.
    • Yes, there's a strong Solo Conference tilt to them. However, didn't have many posts to run off of in the Skywalker Conference so I had to make do. Also, all of the nominations came in from Solo Conference teams, so a bit of an inherent bias there.
    • Of the 18 nominations, 15 of them came from player nominations. I did have to leave some out, but tried to be fair about it.
    • Yes, Cundertol will not repeat as Grames winner. While he was nominated, his only move (other than player resignings, which I suppose are a big deal since he had to do Rodders and Stormborn simultaneously) was to bring in a total defensive bust. I vetoed him on that grounds, further bolstered by the fact that he probably did not endear himself to the nominators after last season. I'm not sure, but this could be the first time a Commissioner's Trophy winning GM hasn't been in the running for the Grames since its inception. (I know in the NHL, which has both awards, the GM of the team with the best record does not always get nominated and this is the case this year.)
    • I did not realize until doing the ballot how extremely good Euceron was at defense for the second straight year. If the Storm just get some scoring they could be scary.
    • I'd like to have all votes by June 16 if possible. :)

13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    When are you planning on announcing the winners (in RL) and holding the ceremony (IC, relative to the Final)? I'd like to know so I can plan accordingly. Remember that the Futures Cup Final is on the same site, and earlier on the same day, as the Galactic Cup Final. I'm thinking about a seven- to eight-hour gap between kickoffs of the two games; that would put the Futures Cup Final at roughly 1200 (noon) and the Galactic Cup Final at roughly 1900 (7:00 pm).

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'll shoot for Wednesday, squarely in the middle of the week, for the post. Let's assume that the award ceremony is likewise held about four days in advance of the Final games.

15. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Are there four Zumtak nominees?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Ha! I had four I tried to narrow down and made a decision--and then forgot to take the fourth out! So, as a result, yes, there are now four Zumtak nominees. :D

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Does it really matter? There could have been 100 nominees, we all know who really deserves to win that award. ;)

[​IMG]

18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    The K'ntarrs for furthering the sport in the galaxy :D

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Doesn't mean anyone will vote for them. ;)

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I've pretty much finalized these changes in my mind. However, due to IC reasons, they cannot be announced yet. However, if anyone wants to spice up their posts, it would not be out of order for characters to hear that rumors of major changes being discussed. The League is not commenting on such changes at this time, but supposedly they have received tentative approval from a majority of the Board of Governors for whatever these changes are. Your characters may speculate away. :D

Also, the Commissioner will be present on Coruscant for the Solo Conference Semifinal game, in case that is important to anyone.

21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks for that heads up

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I was actually working on a post related to that as you posted. :p

[​IMG]

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The last time there was important stuff going on Coruscant, things didn't go so well. :p

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    You know, limmie seems to be a pretty dangerous game. Anyone even tangentially involved with a team could get kidnapped, incarcerated, killed, or sent off to war at any time. It is amazing anyone would ever want to even root for a team, much less be employed by one.

[​IMG]

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You realize there was once a time where this game was all about Limmie.

Now it's more of a side story. :p

And yes, I'm partially to blame for this.

jcgoble3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.