1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    I don't have a strategy. :p

[IMG]
    CPL_Macja likes this.
  2. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    I just try to draft smart, whatever that means. :p
  3. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    I'm still casting about for trade partners. Cundertol wasn't wrong when he called it the rosterpocalypse for me after next season. :p

[IMG]
  4. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Rosterpocalypse. That's a cool word invention. :D
    Trieste likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    I'm just glad my situation wasn't termed as such. :p
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. Trieste Force Ghost

star 4
    Given that you've always paid a lot of attention to Thyferra, you struck me as being better prepared than the Mercs, even though @Bardan_Jusik has paid more attention to Concordia more than others have to their LFL team.

But yeah, those retirements are going to hit hard.
  7. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    It's something I set myself up for with all those Nulls. I couldn't have them not all have the same contract terms, it would just be out of character for them. I have actually tried to incorporate Concordia a bit as a way to offset some of this, but yeah it is going to hurt. I foresee a massive Mercs rebuilding project in a season or two.

[IMG]
  8. Vehn Force Ghost

star 4
    Rebuilding is fun. Just ask the Smugglers :D
    Jedi Gunny and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    It's something I haven't had to go through yet. It will be a nice change of pace after my not so limmie centric storylines the past few seasons, an excellent way to get back to the game within the game.

[IMG]
  10. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    After an entire season of procrastination, my post is up. Enjoy! :D
    Vehn likes this.
  11. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Hey, I didn't have someone attack the Finals site, so at least someone finally had that as a storyline. :p
  12. Trieste Force Ghost

star 4
    Would that incident have been enough for the League to have been discreetly alerted about it or would it have just been handled by local authorities?

Also, Zay is one of THE Antilles? That was new to me!
  13. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I've mentioned Zay's ancestry several times before. I know it was mentioned when he first appeared four seasons ago, and I believe it's in his character sheet. ;)

As for the incident, it happened out in public, so everyone knows what went down. It's all over the local news and probably was briefly mentioned on the galactic news. The League would not have been notified in advance, since Palla and Zay themselves didn't even know what was going to happen until it happened, but they certainly have been given a full briefing by the police now due to the apparent connection to the Finals.
  14. Trieste Force Ghost

star 4

Oh so true. I at least make it a point to tip well when I do this, though if I'm going to watch a game out like that, I usually make sure I have a meal if I'm going to take up that valuable real estate. Do you have a background in serving, @Runjedirun?
  15. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    I stole your term for the rosterpocalypse Trieste. :p

[IMG]
  16. Vehn Force Ghost

star 4
    Great post @jcgoble3! Nice to see the Jedi make their appearance in this offshoot of the Star Wars universe. And @Bardan_Jusik, it seems we can play nice to one another after all :cool:.
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
  18. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Hm, the wheels of change are starting to spin. And I still have yet to put my foot in the rebuilding market . . .
  19. Trieste Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh snap. I go and induct Micjaa into the Hall of Fame and he decides he isn't done. Things are going to get a little bumpy...
  20. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    Is that legal?

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6
  21. Vehn Force Ghost

star 4
    That's actually a really good question. If it isn't legal, I can make some arrangements.

Or he gets booted out of the Hall of Fame....
    Last edited by Vehn, Jun 22, 2013
  22. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    What's wrong with having HoFers actively involved in the sport? Some leagues let you do that, be inducted into the Hall and then come back.

Because it's usually players who are inducted after they retire, but that doesn't stop them from coaching later on if they want to.

At least in college, you still have certain coaches who are HoFers that still coach: Coach K, Jim Boeheim, Geno Auremmia (I think he might have retired last year, but still), Roy Williams . . .

So I'd say it's not out of the question for Tover to come back and coach after being inducted.
    Last edited by Jedi Gunny, Jun 22, 2013
  23. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
    I agree with Gunny here, though if he is caught cheating then he can be kicked out of the HoF. :p

[IMG]
  24. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Two things regarding the Futures League:

1. I am currently targeting around 6:00 pm ET, which is in a little under two hours for the timezone-challenged, for posting of Championship Week scores. This is your last chance to get a bonus roll, or a better bonus roll. I cannot guarantee that I will not post them a little earlier than that, so if you want to write a last-minute post, I would have it in by 5:30 pm ET at the latest to be safe.
    2. I've been creating tags for LFL posts using the BBCode [USER=number]name[/USER] method, rather than @name, as it's easier to automatically generate the list of tags that way. However, I'm unsure if those tags are generating alerts, since I saw that someone in Comms claimed that the BBCode method does not give alerts. Therefore, please reply to this post to let me know whether you got an alert for the tag below.

@JM_1977, @Bardan_Jusik, @Vehn, @Rebecca_Daniels, @Jedi Gunny, @Teegirloo, @Runjedirun, @JediMaster1511
  25. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 9
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza