main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    We'll miss you JM [:D]

I have no idea how this voting works but I don't care and Ylesia doesn't care so. Take from that what you will.

2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    We'll meet again, JM! Take care and you're more than welcome to come back at any time.

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    True dat.

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    So, now after the Starkillers pick at #10, the rest of the draft will be between just three teams (barring trades). Two picks from the Senators, three from the Mercs, and six (!) from the Monarchs.

[​IMG]

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hey, we might get done with the Draft faster that way. :p

6. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Probably will.

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Which means more offseason for me to confuse y'all with my overlapping lines and rather random plot twists. :p

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I don't think I'm going to have the same in-depth plot twists, but I'm REALLY looking forward to going to Miners training camp with a true rookie character. Alana had a year on Cloud City to get her adjusted. Falene doesn't have that. I love what I've already written (to be posted as soon as this first bit is done) and it's only going to get better. :)

Right now I'm opting for a vignette approach where you get a lot of short scenes rather than anything long and sprawling.

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Don't be surprised if I end up doing character by committee this season. Again. :p

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I allow you guys so much leniency in that. And can be guilty of it myself. But I justify through Dictatorial GM powers. :p

11. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    For all you guys know I've withdrawn to plan my big comeback and take notes on your guy's actions to find your weaknesses :p

Vehn likes this.
  12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    It's fun playing a very complicated character. Enough twists and turns in that to twist anyone around.

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Are you referring to Kaitlyn or someone else Vehn?

14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Kaitlyn, wasn't being clear.

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Speaking of Kailtyn, after reading her post I couldn't help but think of this!

[​IMG]

16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I always know it's the offseason when my IC thread posting has a drastic spike in activity. :D

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

For the record, even though my characters absolutely hate this realignment plan, I am all for it. :p Love the "Mandalorian Continggency plan" and Vhett's twitchy trigger finger.

[​IMG]

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    You know what I love? Realizing that Kerry and Beskaryc's friendly game media revenues doesn't have to cut the League in since it's a friendly. :D Now I understand why Kerry REALLY voted for this plan! ;)

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I didn't even think of that before your post. Taab and Trieste are going to make a killing on that game. :p

I think for financial reasons we are going to see a lot more friendlies between ELL teams that don't see each other on the regular season schedule. ;)

[​IMG]

21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I wouldn't mind having a friendly game against Rydonni Prime.....[face_laugh]. But, then again, that might not be so friendly for them.

Thoroughly enjoyed the write up, Trieste! Be very interesting to see how the powers that be shape the league in years to come.

22. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    That was an awesome write-up for the Board of Governors meeting! =D=

My second-round draft pick is in. Apologies for the delay; I was away from the computer all day yesterday, spending the day at an amusement park and waterpark.

Speaking of being away, I will be out of town without internet access from Tuesday, July 9, to Thursday, July 11, after which I may need a couple of days to catch up on things before I'm fully back. (This is part of the reason why I traded away my later picks.) Week 1 Futures League scores should be on time.

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks! I thought that it would be great to get an insider view as a way of not having to have anyone switch characters or suddenly explain why someone who wouldn't be in that meeting would be attending. It was also a nice way to ratchet up the stakes. One of my favorite parts was making certain conjectures that may or may not be true about characters and their motivations. That was fun to do. :D

No worries on the delay--it was only by a day and we have plenty of time. I think that things will move quite fast now!

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Mostly because I love how Gark can come in under the sensors with his agenda. :p

But it was an interesting read, to be sure.

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Considering his current state of being, "flying under the sensors" is the nicest thing you can say about Gark at the moment. [face_laugh]