main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Really? o_O

Like you weren't already planning on doing something...

2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    There's nothing quiet about this off-season. Bunch of hooligans around here. Suddenly, doing outrageous things, like getting former characters that I used to use pregnant, looking at you Jedi Gunny, is the norm around this joint. What's a guy to do to have some sanity around here?

[face_laugh]

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Move to another game I suspect. :D

4. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Stringing it out a bit for pacing, but the reveal should be next post!

Trieste - Will PM you with the signings-list. Would you prefer before or after the reveal?

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Sorry, Vehn, but things like that tend to happen in this game. A lot. :p

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I am now convinced that the Coruscant Senators should be called the Coruscant Lovebirds. :p

Jedi Gunny and Trieste like this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yep, it certainly seems that way, doesn't it? :p

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If you're signing free agents, PM me now, especially if they're from the free agency post. That way you won't have any that get claimed out from under your nose. ;)

Jeez, I have Ayn Dormingale get together with Declan and now suddenly everybody's hooking up with everybody. :p

And CPL_Macja ARRRRRGH! I have been aware of and a fan of Jenna-Louise Coleman for almost six years (Emmerdale, perhaps, Tim?) and you steal her likeness out from under me. Admittedly I have not made it a point to see her in Doctor Who to see how she's doing in the big time these days. Well played sir, well played.

9. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    All OCs fortunately!

Never saw her in Emmerdale (soaps don't interest me, unfortunately) but considering who else (River?) is in that pic, I'd say it was from DW! That I have seen (and she's good!).

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    To all returning players, since you all know how this game works, I'd say that it's pretty certain that given the Miners 3-0 friendly performance (the first team to ever win three friendly games in a single preseason), the Miners will undoubtedly go 0-9 this year so you all better start thinking of some awesome draft picks since I'm going to get the first pick of them. :p

11. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Down with the Jets! :D

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh, yeah. Forgot about that. Sorry. :(

14. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I know this is a lot to ask, but if anyone has time in the next 12 hours (maybe up to 15) could someone compile the list of Ylesia's games this season and post-season with their scores? My 10 hour flight is tomorrow so I'm going to spend part of it writing and I'm having trouble getting the scores and teams played against on the wiki.

Or if there's a link somewhere that I'm not seeing that has the scores?

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Well there go my chances of winning the Cup this year. Thanks for jinxing me Gunny. :p

Cool rankings though, I enjoyed that.

[​IMG]

16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
  17. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Yeah, rankings were fun :p

Thanks CPL *screenshots all the things while she still has internet*

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Thank you for putting the Storm in the playoffs.

Glad someone has more faith in my team than I do. :p

Trieste likes this.
  19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Bardan_Jusik, it just means that I respect your team. ;)

Yes, jcgoble3, I think the Storm are overdue for a playoff appearance.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Genet has just joined Thyferra on my hit list :mad:

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I do hope these predictions hold true. A Galactic Cup against the Miners? Just the matchup, the rivalry, the leadership roles of their ownership. It would be a Cup matchup for the ages.

Sadly I know the dice will not provide. :p

[​IMG]

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I haven't read much about it jcgoble3 but it sounds like that the Vandelhelm loss was worse than the plane crash (not trying to trivialize the death of two people, which is tragic...but only two people on the entire flight with that kind of thing is pretty darn good). An unfortunate coincidence that I know reflected no insensitivity on your part. ;)

Power rankings! I'm sure many sports have them, but I of course think of the NHL version as provided by Yahoo Sports. I enjoyed them quite a bit Jedi Gunny and with a longer season I think that such a thing could be very interesting--maybe not every week, but every two or three games might provide enough time to see some interesting movement.

Predicting the Miners for any sort of playoff success...you're just trying to damn me by way of expectations like I warned Rebecca_Daniels about! :p

I found it really interesting that your predicted playoffs did not match the current power rankings though.

However, Bardan_Jusik you and I better book our Star Tours tickets for...wait...where is the Galactic Cup Final being held? Oh that's right, it hasn't been decided yet! Consider this notice to petition me for your planet to host the Final if you'd like. :D

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    These are preseason Power Rankings. They are supposed to reflect current achievements of the teams, now based on friendlies.

The predicted season stuff is what I think will happen.

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    So inherent to the power rankings is a belief that they do not actually represent the long-term trajectory of the team over the course of a season. Interesting nuance!

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That's the way Power Rankings usually are. They're meant to be flexible and reflect success at he current moment in time, while the preseason predictions usually are concrete and measured at the end of the season for accuracy.

Hence why I said things like "can get better".

EDIT: Another "Tank"? I don't think Mr. Bratter on my team will like that. :p