main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Whenever you have the time and are able. I'm not pushy. ;)

[​IMG]

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Once a week would mirror the NFL power rankings and given our shorter season would be warranted. I could see two weeks though to allow dust to settle. It could even just be how you feel about it in a given week. Once a week would be way cool. Specially if you track how a team falls or rises from the week before with nifty red and green colors. :D

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Yes, more rankings!

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Rankings will give my Jedi something to talk about when they can't see the game because of a mission. So that's one big yes from me. I echo Trieste on the frequency.

Oh, and I absolutely love the comment about the Smugglers having holes that a Hutt can slip through. That is hilarious.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I aspire to the Yahoo Sports NHL "What We Learned"-level of snarkiness, which I intend to spread around equally as your posts and the scores allow me to do. But I still have a long way to go, as proved by these actual examples:
    Next week I may wait until later in the week so more people can post and give me fodder to skewer them with.

--EDIT--

Polis and Meredith's relationship is how I imagine my relationship with my future Pac-12 wife every year for our school's game against each other. Seriously, so much trash talking, one evening of hurt feelings, and then everything being okay the next morning.

(In case you're curious, I'd have to say in order of preference it would be Cal [obviously], UCLA, Washington, Arizona State, Stanford, Colorado, Oregon State, Washington State, USC, Arizona, Oregon, Utah. I can also say from experience that USC women are severely disappointing. Unfortunately I keep running into them. And I may or may not have just ranked all the Bak10 schools in my head by similar criteria.)

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Hey all, I brought this up with Trieste who suggested I post my idea here for all to hate upon. :p

Since we are separated out into conferences now, what would you all think of bringing back the All-Star game? Something similar to the one we played during the "Great Quiet" (for those of us that were here) but playing for conference pride instead of just corporate sponsors.

[​IMG]

Vehn, Trieste and CPL_Macja like this.
  8. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I'm game!

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I wasn't here, but I would not be against having an All Star game.

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think the idea has potential for one of those bye weeks. I wonder what the teams should play for though...

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Prize money. Add a clause to every player's contract. Bonus money for being named an All-Star, an additional bonus for winning the game. Or we could create a slave Leia trophy. :p

[​IMG]

Tim Battershell likes this.
  12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I say "Homefield" advantage at the Galactic Cup Final. The Winning conference gets 65% of the team-allotted tickets for the GC, and get to wear their Home colors.

Tim Battershell likes this.
  13. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Predictable, Bardan....

[face_money_eyes]

or are you?:p

That seems a very good idea to me, CPL!

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Somebody has tonight's baseball game on their mind. :p But yeah, I'd be open to having homefield designation at the Final awarded to the conference winning the All-Star Game. That would be something tangible to us, the real players, as opposed to monetary incentives for the limmie players, which would have no real impact on gameplay and most of us ignore anyway.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Tim Battershell what a great game run down! That was some very detailed action there!

The thought of Galactic Cup Final home designation occurred to me as well. It's definitely something we can put on the table.

16. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Glad you liked it Trieste! Need to get on with getting the team's confidence up again now - hopefully post Thu/Fri.

17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Runjedirun, I love the idea of Abe changing his name to Galaxy Protector Unanimous. Would Protector be part of the first name, part of the last name, or simply a middle name?

The whole idea of name changes reminds me of Chad Johnson, formerly Chad Ochocinco, formerly Chad Johnson, and at one point almost Chad Hachi Go (Hachi Go, or 八五, is "eight five", Chad's jersey number, in Japanese). Glad the Bengals dumped him. The Starkillers may be thinking about doing the same in a few seasons if Abe maintains the oversized ego.

18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh this name change came on when the Knicks acquired Metta World Peace on Monday. Love the Knicks, Metta not so much. But this is the organization that dealt with Isiah Thomas...so...

I was thinking his jersey would say Unanimous, so that would make his first name Glaxy Protector. [face_laugh]

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I am so happy that the Starkillers are in the Solo Conference. They're already trying to make up for the crazy quotient that left with Mando'ade. :D

Also, short GM post is coming later today.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Hey! :p

Also I am working on my own post as we speak. ;)

[​IMG]

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I think I was being insulted, not you!

22. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    As am I

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    There's enough insult to go around. ;)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Many thanks to Vehn who supplied me with that image of the "Bloody Bucket". :cool:

And who here thinks I watched the MLB All-Star game last night? :p

[​IMG]

Vehn likes this.
  25. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry for the numerous posts -- very active plot bunnies at the moment!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.