main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I liked the power rankings and the arrows so much I have incorporated them into the stats section of the 274 ELL Season wiki article

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'll do what I can to get those up weekly, and an artist is always glad to hear that his work is appreciated.

EDIT: I have formulated my list of projected All-Star players. Now we shall wait to see who is chosen and how right/wrong I am. If it's anything like my Mock Drafts, I'm going to be completely backwards.

Speaking of timing for the game, perhaps in three or so weeks so that it's a true midseason game? Trieste

Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I just saw the most ridiculous true sports story that has inspired me to do a little work tonight on a bit of fun analysis. It's in progress.

Don't worry, you shouldn't be scared. ;)

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    *Is scared*

Oh and looking forward to it Gunny.

[​IMG]

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Inspired by this recent NHL article, I wanted to take a look at how much our Elite League teams traveled using well-established trade route in the galaxy. Now, you might be able to shave some parsecs off these routes, but in general they're pretty accurate. Before we start, fun facts!
    • The galaxy is commonly believed to be 120,000 lightyears across
    • Agamar's Week 4 roadtrip from Agamar to Bakura is the longest trip any team will take this season, clocking in at 102,857 lightyears
    • Corellia and Rydonni Prime are the only teams to not travel more than 57,142 lightyears in one sitting
    • Bakura is the only team who never takes a road trip of less than 57,142 lightyears
    • After one trip from Agamar home, the C-Bucs never go on a road trip of more than 22,857 lightyears
    • Euceron is the only team whose entire schedule alternates between home and away games and is the only team to take 8 distinct flights during the season (okay, this may not be true, but flights between Chandrila, Coruscant, and Ralltiir are so short they barely count. Ditto on Corellia and Rydonni Prime.)
    So here they are, in order of least to greatest, the most travel lightyears in the Elite League! Get your frequent flyer cards ready.

12. Hapes Consortium Buccaneers: 171,428 lightyears
    11. Rydonni Prime Monarchs: 222,857 lightyears
    10. Ylesia Lightning: 245,714 light years
    7. Chandrila Patriots: 268,571 lightyears
    7. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers: 268,571 lightyears
    7. Ralltiir Starkillers: 268,571 lightyears

[​IMG]
    "Let's just say that I have a number in mind and I haven't hit it yet."--Ryan Bingham, Up in the Air​
    6. Corellia Rebels: 274,285 lightyears​
    5. Coruscant Senators: 280,000 lightyears​
    4. Mando'ade Mercs: 325,714 lightyears​
    3. Agamar Packers: 348,571 lightyears​
    2. Euceron Storm: 457,142 lightyears​
    1. Bakura Miners 502,857 lightyears​
    That's right--the Miners will fly across the galaxy and back twice and then some during the course of the season. That's going to be some epic jet lag!​

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    And it was worse when we had Ryloth and Vandelhelm to travel to. ;)

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Maybe for you guys. Those planets are vastly closer to Bakura than anyone else. Even for the closest opponents (Corellia and Rydonni Prime, which are in the same grid square), it's still 57,142 lightyears to get to Bakura.

Also I just realized that Bakura can still see the star of the Carida system--and will be able to for another 56,900 years or so. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Are we going to have Alic Bald'win do commercials for travel mile credit accounts so that you can get to your team's matches? :p

This is starting to sound vaguely like Papa Palpatine Pizza.

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Double miles! One million light years this season would be awesome! :D

I absolutely LOVE how much Kaitlyn Vehn hates living on Nar Shaddaa. It's nothing short of fantastic Vehn ! Seriously, it's so entertaining. I actually can't wait to see what happens in your posts because she's not bein "rah rah" out there. I actually have an idea for you that I will PM. Maybe you've already thought of it.

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I think it's the gritty story that is meant to counteract my "happy pretendy fun time" storyline thus far. :p Yes, Vehn, I think you've hit the nail on the head with this one.

11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I'm glad you guys enjoyed the post. It's been a fun journey this year writing about the Smugglers from the perspective of someone who truly isn't crazy about them but oddly enough surrounds the team with the goodies they need to succeed. New threads, new coaches, and maybe, we'll see, a new stadium.

Besides, there's something pleasing in writing about the inner-city troubles of Nar Shaddaa.

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    If Six Boroughs is torn down/rennovated, can our characters have a piece to take home as a memento? :p

Runjedirun likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I'm waiting for her to go all Rachel Phelps on the Smugglers. :p

[​IMG]

14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    LOL! Sounds very familiar....

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    If the Smugglers go and get Rik Vonn, I think Bardan_Jusik will have a fit. :p

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

I originally based Arick Vau (one of my backup Midfielders) on Rick Vaughn. :p

[​IMG]

17. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Really? We couldn't tell... :rolleyes:

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    :D Duh...winning. :p

[​IMG]

19. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    All this old stadium talk reminds me of Shae. Lots of people thought it was a dump, but I had good times there:

[​IMG]

Beautiful Sunday afternoon at Shae.

Vehn likes this.
  20. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    To be clear, in case it wasn't obvious, some of the statements in my post are media hyperbole, like the whole "no one thought Ylesia was going to win" and such.

And now... game on, Trieste, game on [face_devil] :p

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Actually, that was a surprisingly tactful response by Raakla To to Cundertol's comments! I was kind of expecting something more like this:

[​IMG]

However, I agree. Game on. :D And welcome back to posting!

22. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Yeah well she knows Ylesia's too new to have any pull with a media war. Behind closed doors she may be hiring an assassin. Who knows? :p

jcgoble3, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

Bardan_Jusik am I right? Somehow I am totally inspired by the level of the Republic's armed forces after your post. ;)

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I knew someone would get it. :p

I figured the Republic is huge, there are bound to be a few who aren't up to the task of being the ideal soldier.

[​IMG]

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Only a few? I think there are actually plenty of them. They're not all Mary Sues and Gary Stus in there. ;)

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.