main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You have got to be kidding me. I've lost two games now by 1 and 2 points, respectively. [face_plain]

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh, yeah, I forgot to comment on that.

Once again, Euceron's offense carries the day. What wins championships? Defense, not offense. The Storm don't have a defense.

There's your proof that the collapse is coming. :p

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    *Takes notes to jinx the Storm via the Power Rankings* [face_whistling]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Since the expectation and standard operating procedure is for the Storm to miss the playoffs at the last minute, jinxing them would actually cause them to make the playoffs. :D

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    So I played an undefeated team this past week (barely squeaked by that one) and next week I take on an undefeated team on the road. Then the week after I get to take on the defending champs (also on the road) to start conference play. I have a bad feeling about this.

[​IMG]

6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    My score-generating program obviously does not like Jedi Gunny. :p

7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    And next week will be the battle of the unvictorious to see if the Monarchs or the Rebels will be the ultimate cellar dwellers

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Kerry's signature sounds very similar to my own, except that sometimes even my initials aren't legible.

Trieste likes this.
  9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    [face_plain]

So you beat me twice today, once in the game, second with the die roller.

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    **** happens. :p

11. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Galaxy Defender is Corellian ;)

Not comforted, you beat an undefeated team this week, you can do it next week. But I am glad Lucie doesn't have to travel to Mandalore again.

12. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Only the general question - "would the public and HSN like seeing Tengate played?" was what I meant. Nothing to do with the ELL, more as a means of keeping the turnstiles clicking!

I don't see any Limmie players being involved (OOU, some did play both sports in the past), but they had grown up with both. Doubt any GM (of either sport) would want his players risking injury - both can be hazardous, particularly Tengate - players have been killed in-play!

First the Tengate-compatible Stadium has to be built, then Dodd needs about five years to train a few teams to an acceptable standard (no point in presenting the public and media with players who don't know what they are about). A schools-program would be an advantage too.

13. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    TenGate could certainly find a certain following in the galaxy. With so many different species, all sorts of sports can take off. After all, blob racing is a legitimate thing! ;) There's no reason why it wouldn't catch on in my mind.

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Hola ELLers,

First off, after writing that, I’ve decided that we are all ELL Eels. If we ever start a team for any purpose, we will be the Eels. Or maybe the eELLs. Something like that. This is the least important part of this post, in case you were wondering.

Secondly, we earlier discussed having an all-star game and then it fell by the wayside as we debated a few issues related to it. I have decided we will have an all-star game. It will be Skywalker vs. Solo conferences. Here are questions I would like to get from everyone:
    • When should it be held? Midseason (like the MLB, NBA, and NHL all-star games) when we have incomplete season stats, after the regular season (like the NFL) but before the conclusion of the playoffs, or during the offseason?
    • If held midseason, should it be between Week 4 and 5 or Week 5 and 6?
    • Should home field advantage in the Galactic Cup Final be awarded to the winning conference?
    • Should the game be played on a Wednesday or a Sunday in real life? (Benefit to Wednesday: no disruption of season schedule. Benefit to Sunday: one whole week of time to actually roleplay the game if desired.)
    • Full 15 players and no reserves or 8 players (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards) plus 8 reserves (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards)?
    • Name a stadium other than your own that you think the all-star game should be held in.

Thirdly, I will be announcing the Galactic Cup Final host this weekend. If you have not put in a bid to host and want to, now is the time to do so. Send me a PM if you are interested, or if you wish for your team to make a formal IC presentation to the League Site Selection Committee, that is highly encouraged.

Fourthly, I am accepting nominations for the 274 Limmie Hall of Fame class. A reminder that this can be a good way to build backstory for your team or planet. You may invent a storied player you would like inducted. Please provide some level of detail as to why you believe this player should be nominated for induction. As a reminder, the Hall of Fame generally only inducts players after they have retired (and there is no waiting period so all currently retired players are eligible for induction). However, coaches and general managers have been known to be inducted before the conclusion of their careers, especially if they had outstanding player careers (examples would be Tan Strensky, Rhia Grames, Tover Micjaa, and Dana Roslyn). PM me your nominations or questions about Hall of Fame inductions.

Just so you all see this, Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Tim Battershell Vehn

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    All the following opinions are just that, opinions, and are strictly my own.

When should it be held? Midseason (like the MLB, NBA, and NHL all-star games) when we have incomplete season stats, after the regular season (like the NFL) but before the conclusion of the playoffs, or during the offseason? I would like to see it either mid season, right in between non-conference and conference play or after the playoffs during our off season but before the draft/free agency.

If held midseason, should it be between Week 4 and 5 or Week 5 and 6? Answered above. I would say it might be too late to implement a midseason game (between non-conference/conference) play this season.

Should home field advantage in the Galactic Cup Final be awarded to the winning conference? I can go either way on this. I find it silly in baseball so I am inclined to be against it though. :p

Should the game be played on a Wednesday or a Sunday in real life? (Benefit to Wednesday: no disruption of season schedule. Benefit to Sunday: one whole week of time to actually roleplay the game if desired). If it is to be a midseason game I say go with Wednesday so as to not add another week to the schedule. If after the season we can do it the week after the Galactic Cup on a Sunday.

Full 15 players and no reserves or 8 players (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards) plus 8 reserves (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards)? Six of one half dozen of the other. A full roster of 15 would be easier to manage from a selection standpoint. The Limmie eights with reserves is probably more realistic in universe.

Name a stadium other than your own that you think the all-star game should be held in. Really? Every All-Star game should be held at the Meshla Vhetin. :p I think the inaugural All Star game should be held on Coruscant.

[​IMG]

16. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    • When should it be held? Midseason (like the MLB, NBA, and NHL all-star games) when we have incomplete season stats, after the regular season (like the NFL) but before the conclusion of the playoffs, or during the offseason? Midseason
    • If held midseason, should it be between Week 4 and 5 or Week 5 and 6? Week 5 and 6
    • Should home field advantage in the Galactic Cup Final be awarded to the winning conference? NO :p

• Should the game be played on a Wednesday or a Sunday in real life? (Benefit to Wednesday: no disruption of season schedule. Benefit to Sunday: one whole week of time to actually roleplay the game if desired.) If we do Midseason a Wednesday otherwise I am open to a Sunday at the end of the Season.
    • Full 15 players and no reserves or 8 players (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards) plus 8 reserves (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards)? Full 15 and no reserves.

• Name a stadium other than your own that you think the all-star game should be held in. Six Boroughs! (because they are threatening to tear it down)
    And does Lucie have to perform during this thing or can she stay home and take a nap? :p Trieste

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    In the interest of transparency, my votes on the matter, which should not sway yours at all. ;)
    • When should it be held? Midseason (like the MLB, NBA, and NHL all-star games) when we have incomplete season stats, after the regular season (like the NFL) but before the conclusion of the playoffs, or during the offseason? Sometime during the playoffs/after the regular season
    • If held midseason, should it be between Week 4 and 5 or Week 5 and 6? Between Week 5 and 6
    • Should home field advantage in the Galactic Cup Final be awarded to the winning conference? If forced, I'll go no, but I like the HSN all-star game providing some sort of contribution to charities
    • Should the game be played on a Wednesday or a Sunday in real life? (Benefit to Wednesday: no disruption of season schedule. Benefit to Sunday: one whole week of time to actually roleplay the game if desired.) Wednesday.
    • Full 15 players and no reserves or 8 players (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards) plus 8 reserves (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards)? 8 + 8, but I would be very happy with a full 15
    • Name a stadium other than your own that you think the all-star game should be held in. Solo Stadium, Corellia

18. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    My answers...

Midseason, 5 & 6, YES, Wednesday, 8 & 8, Euceron

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

19. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Very much the newbie here, but my 2p worth
    • When should it be held? Midseason (like the MLB, NBA, and NHL all-star games) when we have incomplete season stats, after the regular season (like the NFL) but before the conclusion of the playoffs, or during the offseason?
    • If held midseason, should it be between Week 4 and 5 or Week 5 and 6?
    • Should home field advantage in the Galactic Cup Final be awarded to the winning conference? YES
    • Should the game be played on a Wednesday or a Sunday in real life? (Benefit to Wednesday: no disruption of season schedule. Benefit to Sunday: one whole week of time to actually roleplay the game if desired.)
    • Full 15 players and no reserves or 8 players (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards) plus 8 reserves (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards)? Either.
    • Name a stadium other than your own that you think the all-star game should be held in. Meshla Vhetin

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    • When should it be held? Midseason (like the MLB, NBA, and NHL all-star games) when we have incomplete season stats, after the regular season (like the NFL) but before the conclusion of the playoffs, or during the offseason? Immediately following the Galactic Cup Final, like the NFL Pro Bowl used to be. Selections would be made following the regular season and before the playoffs. This ensures that we have a full season of stats to consider (since nine games is a rather short season by real-life standards) and avoids the possibility that players may be unable to participate because they're in the Final at a different location (which is part of why the NFL Pro Bowl has become a joke).
    • If held midseason, should it be between Week 4 and 5 or Week 5 and 6? Weeks 5 and 6 or even 6 and 7. Most RL All-Star Games seem to be slightly over halfway through the regular season. That said, I still prefer waiting until after the Final.
    • Should home field advantage in the Galactic Cup Final be awarded to the winning conference? Well, if we wait until after the Final, that's a moot question. However, if we do it midseason (and only midseason), then I'd be in support of it.
    • Should the game be played on a Wednesday or a Sunday in real life? (Benefit to Wednesday: no disruption of season schedule. Benefit to Sunday: one whole week of time to actually roleplay the game if desired.) If midseason, my preference would be a Sunday to allow a whole week to roleplay it. That said, any day would work with my proposal to do it after the Final. We would just have to work around the draft.
    • Full 15 players and no reserves or 8 players (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards) plus 8 reserves (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards)? I echo Bardan here.
    • Name a stadium other than your own that you think the all-star game should be held in. Six Boroughs Stadium. Give the old lady some love.

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    • When should it be held? Midseason (like the MLB, NBA, and NHL all-star games) when we have incomplete season stats, after the regular season (like the NFL) but before the conclusion of the playoffs, or during the offseason? I'd go for the midseason option, because that's what most leagues do these days (the NFL being the exception because they have a short season in comparison). Besides, it gives us some intrigue going into conference play to see how All-Stars react when they hit the stretch run of the season.
    • If held midseason, should it be between Week 4 and 5 or Week 5 and 6? Between Weeks 4 and 5. This is roughly halfway through the season, and then we don't have to start conference play only to have an All-Star Game interrupt that. We have a natural dividing line in nonconference play already, so I think we should use it.
    • Should home field advantage in the Galactic Cup Final be awarded to the winning conference? I don't really care, because it has no bearing on what our teams do. I've never liked having "home" and "away" in the Finals, since you are at a neutral site. Both teams should be allowed to wear what unis they want.
    • Should the game be played on a Wednesday or a Sunday in real life? (Benefit to Wednesday: no disruption of season schedule. Benefit to Sunday: one whole week of time to actually roleplay the game if desired.) Wednesday. Our season is long enough already.
    • Full 15 players and no reserves or 8 players (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards) plus 8 reserves (1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder, 3 forwards)? Either way is fine. If we go with Sevens, though, we have some intrigue about who starts/who sits.
    • Name a stadium other than your own that you think the all-star game should be held in. Wroona Stadium. :p Just kidding. I'll go with Stoney End.

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    This feedback is excellent everyone--thank you. By my count (which takes into account some dual tallies for ambivalence), here's how things stand:
    • Scheduling: Midseason
    • Timing: Between weeks 5 and 6 on a Wednesday
    • Homefield on the line?: Split
    • Game type: very slight edge for 8 + 8
    • Venue: Only Six Boroughs has received more than one vote
    If we were to go with a midseason game, it would be exactly two weeks from today. As has been pointed out, that may be somewhat difficult to pull off. I do want to give those who aren't daily posters a chance to sound off as well, but I shall also cogitate today.

--EDIT--

P.S. You may find it interesting the NFL is emulating the all-star game format instituted by the NHL three years ago. We could consider a "draft", but that would make teams a little harder...but OH MY GOSH A DRAFT!!!!!!!! WE LOVE DRAFTS HERE!!!!!

Sadly I think that the mechanics of this would be a bit too much for us to pull off...but wouldn't that be AWESOME?!

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    No, not really. :p Both captains would always be Miners, and the Mercs/Senators wouldn't get any picks.

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Hypothetically, if such a thing were to happen, I would have every have a certain number of votes for the League as a whole. To be safe, 4 votes a person at our current size. The two highest vote getters would be captains. I could always ensure they were not from the same team, thus allowing two players to perform a draft against each other. Hypothetically. :p

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I actually like the idea of drafting teams, mainly because it lets us make fantasy limmie a reality. :p

But seriously, I do like it. Is there any other support for it?