main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Like in RL, players from that "school" don't do well when they reach the pros because they really aren't that good. [face_whistling]

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Fixed. Though why I encourage that based on what will happen in two weeks is beyond me.

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Love the What We Learned this week! :D Especially "Only Euceron could blow this." [face_laugh]

And it seems that their illnesses distracted them to the point that they forgot Corellia altogether. :p

Jedi Gunny and CPL_Macja like this.
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Eh, it's Corellia. The least exciting NPC team in the League if you ask me. ;)

CPL_Macja likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Exactly. Which is probably why they will win the title. [face_plain]

CPL_Macja and Trieste like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I would say "quoted for truth", but I actually on principle never make speculations about the outcome of games since I'm the one who rolls the dice. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh heck no. The day that (25) Oregon State pays an FCS team $375,000 to beat them happens to be the same day I check the 274 college limmie standings and
    discover that A&M has gone 0-3 since the last update, including losing to CorTech?
    It is on now Jedi Gunny. It is so on next week. Portland State vs. Cal I mean Prytis College of Natural Sciences vs. University of Bakura, Salis D'aar. It is happening. And I am not going to feel bad about what happens in that game at all now. Vehn, how about we throw in a Vertical City University vs. University of Bakura, Salis D'aar game in too so we just settle all scores at once? ;)

Since I'm feeling combative, Bardan_Jusik non-conference game between The Ord Saboak University vs. UBSD in two weeks? Actually, I should stop while I'm ahead. We all know how that one's going to end. [face_laugh]

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You do realize that those two losses aren't even close, right? [face_whistling] One is real, and the other is just a roll of the dice.

Seriously, do you need to keep rubbing it in? o_O

9. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    And suddenly that game against the Mercs has incredible significance, as if it wouldn't anyway.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    What are you talking about? Of course there's a relationship between them. Sports is an energy field field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    So now the Mercs can give up hope right? :p

[​IMG]

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

And I'm sure the die roller believes in all that, eh? ;)

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    [face_rofl]

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think the die roller is agnostic. It certainly isn't a Bakuran die roller because it doesn't believe in the Cosmic Balance.

And Bardan_Jusik I tried to figure out if the Mercs were out. I couldn't quite get my head around all the possible permutations...but it doesn't look good. jcgoble3 is the one who usually figures that out. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Apparently the Storm are going to wait until the playoffs to collapse. :p

And I'll see what I can figure out as far as playoff chances and scenarios after I get Futures League scores up.

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    At this point I think the Mercs have a better chance at the top pick in the draft than they do a playoff berth.

[​IMG]

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, I know Trieste is correct about my playoff situation.

And, given how the die roller hates me at the moment, and my college teams suck . . .

yeah, this ain't gonna be pretty. [face_plain]

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And Jed's not going to get his date with Pam, is he? :(

Also, the Miners have their best defensive ranking of the entire season now! HOORAY! They've still allowed a butt load of points on the season...but they're leading three teams just barely! :D

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It hates me too. :p Both my ELL and Futures League teams have been shut out this season.

[​IMG]

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Nope. Although I think that is probably the least of Jed's problems right now.

And Bardan, at least your college team won yesterday, so you're way ahead of me.

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And by his college team, I believe you mean the The Ord Saboak University at 7-1, correct? :p

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Meh. They'll just lose the Galactic title game to some team from the Super Elite Conference anyway....

[​IMG]

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I hate the Super Elite Conference with such a passion.

CPL_Macja and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

And that too. See, Bardan, you're way ahead of me.

Actually, the SEC is the only way we beat the UBTV Pioneers, anyways, so I can't hate on 'em too much.

25. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Three weeks ago I was sitting at 1-4 thinking the season was all lost. Well, we're still in the hunt. Nice having a longer season to give teams the chance to turn things around or get worse depending on your flavor of the week.

Tim Battershell and Bardan_Jusik like this.