main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm calling my shot. The Force will be 2-5 next season. Hooray! :p

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    But who among you has created a galaxy spanning war that threatens the political future of the Chancellor of the Republic?

Oh, this is a game about Limmie? Oops.

[​IMG]

jcgoble3, Trieste and Jedi Gunny like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Oh, you'd be surprised at some of the things I've pulled out of my hat at times. :p

And yes, slowly this game is devolving into fan fiction loosely based around a game. Our evil plan is working. [face_devil]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    This season I am getting back to basics, and limmie. ;)

[​IMG]

CPL_Macja likes this.
  5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I won my division without a Center Half Forward.

I realized this week 2, my season was going well so I never added one. You know what I did before my game against the Pats. I added the Center Half Forward :oops:

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  6. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Question is; is there a mad clone of Palpy on the other end of that Holo-Comm or not!

7. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Which holo comm? Lots of people are using them these days to talk to shadowy figures periodically. Like someone we might know. ;)

8. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    The one in teh Shrine! [face_thinking] [face_thinking][face_thinking] Decisions, decisions!

9. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Now you've completely lost me

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    If you were curious about why I made the draft pick I did, this pic (pun!) says it all:

[​IMG]

Now I have to decide how I want to pronounce her name: "Joe-la" or "Hoya". The only reason this issue is because, well, I happen to be intimately familiar with a certain place called "La Jolla" which is pronounced "Hoya". ;)

11. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
  12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Alright, time to study what's left in the draft for me to pick. And thanks for the compliments on the writing, I do what I can to please the masses.

Trieste, Jedi Gunny and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Trade winds, they are a blowin'.

[​IMG]

14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Indeed they are :cool:

15. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Probably won't get my pick in until tomorrow, fyi. Hockey tonight and not feeling well.

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I need time to finish my homework anyways, so no rush. :p

Feel better soon, Becca. We'll be waiting on your pick when you are able to make it.

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

Except the times don't change, because I used this song for the OP for 269. :p

[face_laugh]

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I was just coming here to comment on the clerical error! [face_rofl]

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, I was going through the wiki page for the Storm to see what contracts were expiring, and a stray "273" caught my eye. My first reaction was, "What the ****?" Then I decided to play it for laughs. :D

Trieste, Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Clearly this never would have happened in the Senator's organization. I mean, 2/3 of my players are still signed through . . . 274. Oops. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    At least that season just finished. ;)

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    An idea has been presented to me that I would like thoughts on from everyone who is willing to give them. The idea is that "conditional draft picks" are allowed. This term is used in the NHL and I'm told NBA. In essence, the terms of the draft pick trade depending on circumstances. These circumstances could be:
    • A team's draft position or order of finish in the previous season
    Such as, Team A trades Joe to Team B. Team B sends a draft pick to Team A. If Team B makes the playoffs, that draft pick is a first round draft pick. If they do not make the playoffs, Team A gets a second round draft pick.
    • The resigning of a player at the end of a season
    Such as, Team A trades Tom to Team B. Team B sends a draft pick to Team A. Tom's contract expires at the end of the season. If Team B signs Tom to a new contract at the end of the season, Team A gets a first round draft pick. If Team B does not resign Tom, Team A gets a second round draft pick.

This would be for you "advanced" drafters out there (though that's a lot of us right now) and obviously you never have to agree to a trade that you would never make. However, this might give some more flexibility in making trades happen...plus it suddenly becomes much more interesting where people finish in the draft order. :D It's a thought that I felt was worthy of discussion.

Additionally, I'm currently thinking that I should find a picture for the wiki for Stoney End Park. Fenway was my inspiration for Stoney End back in the day, but I don't think I want to use Fenway's facade. I'm open to ideas. Kicking around Lambeau Field at the moment, but doesn't strike quite the right tone.

23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I like the idea of conditional picks, and even considered offering such a trade a couple seasons ago. They are also used in the NFL, such as when the Bengals traded Carson Palmer to Oakland. I say go for it. :D

24. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Sure... the more complex a trade the better I say...

*goes off to plot his next big draft moves*

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Conditional picks don't work like that in the NBA. Many trades include picks that are considered "protected" lottery picks. If a team has a higher pick than the "protection" number, then they keep their pick for that season. I've seen protected picks that don't go to the other team in the deal for at least 3-4 seasons because of this kind of pick protection. We could do it like that, but then there is no guarantee of a pick for several years unless it's clearly a playoffs/non-playoffs divide.

And the second bit sounds a lot like compensatory picks in baseball. A player can be signed by another team, but since there is protection on that contract their old team gets a first-round pick in the compensation part of the first round of the draft the following season.

Also sounds like the Restricted Free Agent rule in the NBA, kinda. At least for compensation in certain cases, but not all.