main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Jedi Gunny, are you sure that Pam isn't me? I've been sick since last weekend. :p

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I wasn't aware that you were coaching the Senators. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  3. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Hey, anything's gotta be better than coaching the Storm. :p Oh, wait, the Monarchs.....[face_beatup]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    In a shocking miracle, the UB Salis D'aar Golden Bears have, behind freshman phenom Gared Joff somehow won the Bakura 10 Conference and are going to their second Carnation Bowl in three seasons. Niskat Deenever and Aron Rodders will be insufferable for the remainder of 275. :p

This is proof that art does not imitate life. :D And yes, this was truly randomly-generated score than a Trieste-feels-sorry-for-his-alma-mater-generated score. [face_laugh]

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Speaking of that, I will eventually get around to finishing the S16 college ranks.

If y'all will take my Finals for me, I would do it right now. :p

And hooray for the mention of the word "Draft"! Which reminds me that you all may be waiting on the results of the college season to determine if you want to enter your players in the draft. Which gives you all more incentive to take my Finals for me instead of studying worthless things.

6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I would have a post up this week if I wasn't so sick. As it is, between being sick and being out of town tomorrow and Saturday, it appears that I will not be able to post at all this week. Hopefully I'll be feeling better next week.

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Out of curiosity, would it be useful to have a page on the Wiki that outlines all of the different colleges that we've referenced?

8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes, it would be incredibly useful.

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I can only help with the S16 and those in the college championships. CPL_Macja has multiple others from off-the-board picks.

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'll see what I can do about drawing one up. I'll largely pull from the draft posts. I believe that most everyone has used Division I schools (Columbia College of Cloud City would be the only Division II school that I am aware of using). If a conference is not explicitly stated, I'll use planets as the organizing principle for the list.

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I believe that there was a D-III school, Malastare Tech, where Melia Soker went. Correct, Bardan_Jusik?

Also, I referenced a few other schools in some older posts of mine. You may want to dig around 271 and 272 to find them all.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    That's correct. ;)

[​IMG]

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I guess this means that I have all of that relatively uselessful Limmie trivia stored in my head in case there ever is Trivia Night. :D

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh noes!

I'm playing myself in the Carnation Bowl!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    You're guaranteed to win! :D

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And yet guaranteed to lose! [face_laugh]

Actually, this reminds me of the 252 Galactic Cup Final. Bakurans vs. Chandrilans. Bakura went home happy that time...so I'm wondering if the Old Dog is going to get the last laugh here. If he won a Carnation Bowl and a Galactic National Championship...he'd have a strong case for the Limmie Hall of Fame.

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    On a totally different note, would people care if I organized the college limmie teams page in a sortable table? Would that matter or is a simple list divided by world/conference okay?

19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Whichever way is easiest for you. :p

[​IMG]

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Jedi Gunny and other college limmie lovers: I have seen Venderwell University in the college playoffs twice, once representing Tatooine, once representing Bespin. Are there two Venderwell Universities or one? :D

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You could always pull an RL example and have a campus on both planets.

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    A definite possibility. Or it could be like Miami University. Unaffiliated, but same name. I have no problem with that. I think you invented both of them, so we'll go with that. :D

--EDIT--

Given recent real life news, I am now convinced that the only flower that I will ever see associated with Golden Bears will be carnations in this game and not roses. Excuse me while I go cry over the new Washington UB Cape Suzette head coach.

23. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks CPL_Macja ! Most appreciated.

Universities where I'm still unsure of their planets:
    • Laswell College of the Sciences in RAAC-14
    • Palentine University in SEC
    • University of Apiaree (don't know if that's a planet or a city)

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Wait, did I use both of them? Because if I did, you could just say that the second use was a mistake, and retcon it so that they are from the same planet.

As for the other two colleges I created, I don't care where they are from. I never thought I would have to come up with a planet or location for either; they were just names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.